Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Closest thing I see is this and they won't even show me the head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

:siren: Outside of an emergency requiring another admin step in, I am personally going to moderate this thread, please read the whole OP before posting :siren:

The issue of FYAD's existence has been hanging over our community like a bad odor and it is time to clear the air. I would like to attempt to have an honest conversation about what happened with FYAD in December, in hopes that we can move forward and fix this rift that has formed within this community. In this thread I hope to explain what happened from my perspective, discuss steps moving forward, and provide a place for people on either side to share their sincere concerns without being dogpiled or screamed at.

summary

Accusations were flying like crazy, some of them signal-boosted by moderators. Exaggeration and hearsay ruled the day

I wish I could say that the mod team stuck to the facts here, but it's sadly not true. Most of the moderators who looked at the issue acted in good faith, but many of them also had bad or incomplete information, and trusted the words of grudge-holders when they should not have

However, they were also used as an excuse, by users and mods alike, for a referendum on FYAD as a whole

Most of the mods who believed these things were acting in good faith, but I feel obligated to state plainly that not all of them were. Some members of the team and some regular users had their own agenda here, and sought to use this crisis as a mean to gain website power for themselves and their friends.

Suddenly, in addition to the harmful and untrue claims that FYAD was doxxing and harassing trans posters, they were all bigots, and hell, nazis. Somehow the anger at FYAD was so high that writing a fake letter from hitler talking about how much better his game consoles were back in the 40s was enabling Nazism

I will say that, unequivocally, it is not true that FYAD was doxxing and harassing trans posters. It is not true that it was full of bigots and nazis.

psshh, no way this could happen again

pentyne fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 20, 2023

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ilmucche posted:

I would imagine it's actually pretty easily to avoid combat footage while following the war. I guess I'm not a war expert but I don't see how a 30 second clip of an unamed individual in a non-specific field dying helps with understanding how the war is going

It is!

It’s not unreasonable to want to passively follow the war news because it is globally relevant, and it’s not unreasonable to want Ukraine to repel Russia even if you have no personally vested interest. It’s also not unreasonable to have a space where war news is shared without the combat poo poo because if that were something you actually needed to know about, you’d get it from a more immediate source than loving CNN.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
all 3 gbs mods now trawling through the thread to hit people, if only they were capable of moderating this much at literally any other time it wouldn't be an issue. even the room temp iq word filter guy throwing a couple out there

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

theres fun gaming dad stories interspersed throughout. find and enjoy them.

RyokoTK posted:

assuredly nothing interesting has happened lmao

e: the gamer dad stories were alright.

Thanks! Hope this thread calms down soon, it's tiring to read when its all forum grudges and assuming the worst of everyone. Plus everyone outside the thread just thinks it's full of trolls instead of just people who get a little too carried away sometimes.

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

some plague rats posted:

he will see multiple giraffes. I guarantee it

i hope so. last time I went they were inside because of the cool weather. but the lion family was really active, including a rambunctious cub harassing all the other lions who were just trying to eat.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

snow leopards are cool af, we've got a few at our zoo. plus a wolf pack and a white bison.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

my local zoo is very nice but it's impossible to fully appreciate it in the 7 hours it's open.
I always go for my birthday :3:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
My only other Mom Gaming story is that she really liked Resident Evil 1 & 2 but also had to pass the controller to me when something spooky happened (especially the dogs jumping through the windows), nearly two decades later she was backseat gaming my stepdad playing RE7 to the point that they'd start drunkenly bickering, which was cute.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

theyre gonna see your hogwarts posts and destroy you my man lmao.

Boy who cried winguardium leviosa...

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

My only other Mom Gaming story is that she really liked Resident Evil 1 & 2 but also had to pass the controller to me when something spooky happened (especially the dogs jumping through the windows), nearly two decades later she was backseat gaming my stepdad playing RE7 to the point that they'd start drunkenly bickering, which was cute.

precious lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
lol

gaming parents ftw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I always like the local zoo because apparently peacocks are chill enough that they can just let them loose and they'll just walk around the grounds showing off their feathers to people.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

copy posted:

lol that your mom has a secret double life as a fighting game champion

practicing the street fighter alpha 3 crouch cancel infinites so that if she ever challenges me again i will destroy her :twisted:

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
she invented them

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

pentyne posted:

in literally 4 pages

*citation needed

lmfao

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

goreposting will be moderated with an even lighter touch in the future, out of spite

there's no need to give heed to disingenuous paid trolls

copy
Jul 26, 2007

practicing the street fighter alpha 3 crouch cancel infinites so that if she ever challenges me again i will destroy her :twisted:

rofl

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
it is very funny that there's some sort of terminal poster brain where have to mispell things on purpose as some kind of own

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I will post Russian disinfo for money. My PMs are open.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

I'd love to know how many dick pussies reported this post lol

Does a report generate for more than just the first user?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
We took the grandkid to the zoo yesterday. In her words "I liked the fish and the dolphins and the penguins and the fox and the horse and the crab."

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Now I'm remembering a time I was at a crappy local zoo and a big lizard (monitor?) charged me and threat-displayed through the glass. I guess I looked at it funny?

That zoo also had an albino raccoon, which really made me realize how much I recognize raccoons by markings, because a solid white one just looks like a misshapen cat

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
"poor old poot-poot, thought of a land war in Europe and died"

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Now I'm remembering a time I was at a crappy local zoo and a big lizard (monitor?) charged me and threat-displayed through the glass. I guess I looked at it funny?

That zoo also had an albino raccoon, which really made me realize how much I recognize raccoons by markings, because a solid white one just looks like a misshapen cat

That's cool....But hey I noticed you have a blue star....Going to need you to post the complaining going on in the Mod forum, mmkay?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Remember going to the zoo and all the cougars were sleeping, some toddler was running around unsupervised at full speed and ran directly into my wife falling flat on his rear end and crying

cougars reacted like someone shaking the treat bag

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I held a big lizard at a zoo and it was very cool, then I tried to hand the fella to my sister and it peed at her lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

pentyne posted:

it is very funny that there's some sort of terminal poster brain where have to mispell things on purpose as some kind of own

im surprised there aren't people who still say 'ban he'. no holdouts. everyone agreed to retire those constructs

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I always like the local zoo because apparently peacocks are chill enough that they can just let them loose and they'll just walk around the grounds showing off their feathers to people.

I ran some on-site training on a corporate campus in India, and there were peacocks everywhere.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hey I’ve been playing Max Payne and making chili what’s going on.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
LMAO a gaggle of oliver twists grasping at chobes' coattails for a tuppence of leaks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
from my vast zoo experience I can say that kids absolutely love seeing otters. they frankly can't get enough of them

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Antivehicular posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziu2rrNS7S0

Raccoons ftw

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

We took the grandkid to the zoo yesterday. In her words "I liked the fish and the dolphins and the penguins and the fox and the horse and the crab."

A dolphins a fish. End of story

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Violen posted:

LMAO a gaggle of oliver twists grasping at chobes' coattails for a tuppence of leaks

how much of a leak is two pence? can you split a farthing?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Violen posted:

lol

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Feels Villeneuve posted:

from my vast zoo experience I can say that kids absolutely love seeing otters. they frankly can't get enough of them

they hold hands, it's just too adorable

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I know I've been to the Baltimore and the DC zoos at some point but I don't remember either. Been the the Baltimore Aquarium a lot though and it owns.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

That's cool....But hey I noticed you have a blue star....Going to need you to post the complaining going on in the Mod forum, mmkay?

it's happening in pms and in discord, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Last time I went to the zoo I saw an elephant jerking himself off while making GBS threads, animals are just like us