Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
go to my local zoo every now and then, it's very focused on conservation which is good.

also got to follow the forming of a tiger family which was cool. First visit was a pair of tigers they were hoping would mate, next time I went they had three cubs running around, last time the cubs were much bigger and the dads been moved to another zoo to do more mating since I guess he's a stud in the tiger world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Homeless Friend posted:

A dolphins a fish. End of story

fly away troll

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Freudian posted:

Last time I went to the zoo I saw an elephant jerking himself off while making GBS threads, animals are just like us

he posts in gbs? thats wild

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hey I’ve been playing Max Payne and making chili what’s going on.

Bunch of stupid poo poo, some people's parents are cool, Rhino is at a zoo, so the usual.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
peacocks can be a lil temperamental but not in a harmful way lol. so basically anywhere that has lots of peacocks will just let them run around cuz why not? they want to have the room. i live in rural rear end arizona and growing up i lived in even more rural rear end arizona (1000 people in my town) and someone had peacocks and youd sometimes see em running around.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Closest thing I see is this and they won't even show me the head

can't believe the giraffe is pro-life

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
my neighborhood used to have a peacock. not sure if it was someone's current pet or if it got out. it didn't seem to give a poo poo anyone or anything

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Homeless Friend posted:

A dolphins a fish. End of story

Or a shark which is not a fish

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think my favorite thing I saw were the tiny tortoises which are apparently incredibly endangered because people keep buying them from the exotic pet trade. they are adorable

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
too many posts itt. thread needs slow mode or maybe a little nappy poo? let the ordianry posters catch up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Animals ftw

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Hey I’ve been playing Max Payne and making chili what’s going on.

russian sleeper operatives from the drama thread have invaded ukraine

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
sitting in the bird exhibit and hearing a bunch of bird calls you never hear outside the zoo....... ftw

copy
Jul 26, 2007

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
yeah what the gently caress has been going on in here? fifteen new pages of nothing in particular in the past five hours

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Alright I'm about to make dinner but the gbs thread is looking for more iks, will be closed for a bit, and Jeff/Astral since you're reading this find a way to make the forum more moddable on mobile since I've seen that complaint several times. Now I'm going to try not to think about any of this for the rest of the night.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

my wife and I went to some aquarium on the Sunshine Coast years ago and they had sea otters, the keepers were telling us the otters were always getting out of their enclosure at night and running amok. First they were just sliding under the door like it was no big deal, then when they changed the door so that it closed sort of below the ground into some small cut out, the otters were still getting out. Then they noticed one of the otters would always walk around with a limp close to night-time, and they did more investigating and found out that the limping otter was hiding a rock in his foot and putting it in the door so they could still escape

otters ftw

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
someone else in rural arizona rear end tiny town, or maybe the same guy, had emus and those got out once or twice and thats actually scary. theyve won a war even.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

doingitwrong posted:

I ran some on-site training on a corporate campus in India, and there were peacocks everywhere.

we went to a sculpture garden last year and they had peacocks walking around, this albino one was super chill though, all the others kept their distance

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

prayer group posted:

yeah what the gently caress has been going on in here? fifteen new pages of nothing in particular in the past five hours

did you know that sometimes people enjoy talking to each other and do so

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Smithsonian Orangutans get a zipline

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Martman posted:

We've got them distracted checking their notes again. now is the time to strike, comrades

lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
im not allowed to go to a zoo or aquarium with anyone because i will inevitably spend the entire day there lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

my wife and I went to some aquarium on the Sunshine Coast years ago and they had sea otters, the keepers were telling us the otters were always getting out of their enclosure at night and running amok. First they were just sliding under the door like it was no big deal, then when they changed the door so that it closed sort of below the ground into some small cut out, the otters were still getting out. Then they noticed one of the otters would always walk around with a limp close to night-time, and they did more investigating and found out that the limping otter was hiding a rock in his foot and putting it in the door so they could still escape

otters ftw

Bad rear end

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

lol that the response to snuff thread shenanigans was "more iks"

I guarantee those iks will be thread regulars and that they will not be interested in moderating each other

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Violen posted:

im not allowed to go to a zoo or aquarium with anyone because i will inevitably spend the entire day there lol

im like this with airplane museums. I'd just go to the one by Dulles Airport all day when I lived in DC

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A few years back we went to the Lemur Center at Duke University and saw a bunch of lemurs, lorises,and a creepy as gently caress aye-aye. It was awesome, they have a big rear end forest for them to roam around in

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

otters ftw

there's sea otters at the georgia aquarium and basically every time i see them one of them is sucking its own dick lol it fuckin rocks

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Violen posted:

knowing goons i was quite worried where that sentence was going, but it turned out ok

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

otters ftw

Awesome

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im like this with airplane museums. I'd just go to the one by Dulles Airport all day when I lived in DC

There's a bunch of flight museums where I live and I have to be dragged out of them lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

otters ftw

lol badass

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

knowing goons i was quite worried where that sentence was going, but it turned out ok

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

otters are so cute, my kid loves a youtube channel from japan where the guy has a pair of pet otters

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Violen posted:

I thought spending the whole day there was the point

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
i touched hands with a little ring-tailed lemur once. those guys are neat

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

lol that the response to snuff thread shenanigans was "more iks"

It's simply out of the current IK's power to request bans for deranged thread regulars, they get a finite supply of requests and they have to keep a couple dry for if 16BBB posts.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

"just hang out with a bunch of otters for a couple hours or so" is pretty high on my bucket list. They're neat.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
lol keep your powder dry, more concern trolls could come at any minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~