Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
Back when I was young and dumb I had lots of time and a little money and a soft spot for cows. Things escalated, and then spiraled alarmingly out of control. Now I have no time and negative money...but an accumulation of cows that one might even call a herd.

Plum was the first cow I owned; she was just a calf when I got her.

When our vet pregnancy checked Snowflake, he said she was "a piece of poo poo cow." How rude.

I sort of accidentally accumulated an entire bloodline, of which Daisy is the oldest, bought from a farm I work at.

Diana is Daisy's oldest daughter; she's a sweetheart who I bought earlier this year as the farm stopped milking and dispersed the herd.

Deirdre was Daisy's calf last summer.

Daffodil is the third generation; she was born earlier this summer from Diana.

Four heifer calves were born in short order in May; Fiasco is another of them.

Pepper dates back to another farm I co-managed some time ago; we had been working to crossbreed Jerseys/Ayrshires/Holsteins. Her dam was one of the first of those full blends, but then we totally ran out of money and sold out.

Most of the herd is Jersey, or a Jersey cross, but Spitfire is one of two pure Holsteins that I bought as calves last summer.

I'm not sure that there's much of a farmer population on SA (the TGO thread died out), but I do love cows, so anyone else with them :justpost:

Uncle Lloyd fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celestriad
Dec 2, 2013

We have dairy goats and that usually means a surplus of milk. We tried to figure out what to do with all of that extra milk and came to the conclusion: Cow.

Meet Chuck. Holstein bull getting fat and spoiled on milk and waste hay until the girls dry up, at which point he gets a field trip to freezer camp. He is as dumb as a stump, but very sweet.

This is not the worst/most odd thing this car has hauled before.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I love them beefy sweeties.