Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but i've been going out with my gf for a few years now. i was intent on keeping things casual but seems she developed serious feelings for me, feelings that i unfortunately don't reciprocate. i never meant for things to go this far, but now i'm sort of stuck. but if i break up with her, it's going to be tremendously painful, and i'm not sure i can do it by simply telling her straight up. are there any better way s to go about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ghosting is not a thing anymore?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Be really lovely to her until she breaks up with you.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

tell her you're on a dating strike until roe v wade is fixed, and you're sorry that she's caught up in it. sometimes activism requires sacrifice but it's the right thing to do.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Just be honest about how you think you can ultimately do better than her

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

fake youre death

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

just let her know you primarily post in CSPAM and TV IV and the problem will work itself out

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Tell her you are needed on your home planet

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Introduce her to a goon who posts in cspam, she'll lose all interest in sex, romance and possibly life.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Don't be a coward; break it off face to face and tell her the truth about your feelings.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 10, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Sophy Wackles posted:

Don't be a coward; Break it off face to face and tell her the truth about your feelings.

terrible advice, just terrible

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

How do you stay with someone for years and have the loving audacity to call the relationship "casual?"

"yeah we bought a house together and then there's the kids but I'm keeping my options open"

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Stop bathing or cleaning yourself and just become a total goonlord until she dumps you in disgust.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

neato burrito posted:

How do you stay with someone for years and have the loving audacity to call the relationship "casual?"

i've played some MMOs for a decade and still consider myself pretty casual

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

neato burrito posted:

"yeah we bought a house together and then there's the kids but I'm keeping my options open"

hmmmm maybe i'll get off after the next milestone mark in the relationship

edit: hearing this in my head as a Peep Show voiceover

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
somehow telepathically work everything out

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

basically just say that you realized now you are gay and therefore you can keep dating if she wants but it will be uncontrollable how many guys you gently caress in that time.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Mr Interweb posted:

not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but i've been going out with my gf for a few years now. i was intent on keeping things casual but seems she developed serious feelings for me, feelings that i unfortunately don't reciprocate. i never meant for things to go this far, but now i'm sort of stuck. but if i break up with her, it's going to be tremendously painful, and i'm not sure i can do it by simply telling her straight up. are there any better way s to go about it?

Why don't you reciprocate op. a few years is a long time for you to be iffy on it.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

but then if she calls you on it, you have to gently caress guys in front of her.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
There isn't a least hurtful way to break up with someone but there are super lovely ways to go about it. If you think it's time, then it's time. Make your exit strategy if you don't have one (new housing situation? Clearly identify what you want out of life right now, get in touch with friends again, and other end of relationship stuff) and then go through with it. Just rip the Band-Aid off. Dragging it out is more hurtful than going for it.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
jump in a volcano

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

leak a lot of classified government documents and flee to russia

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Tele phone ring

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Zeluth posted:

Ghosting is not a thing anymore?

i was thinking about doing this, but it would be pretty hosed up. i feel like when we break up she should be fully aware of it and not have any doubts

Murdstone posted:

Be really lovely to her until she breaks up with you.

Yaldabaoth posted:

Stop bathing or cleaning yourself and just become a total goonlord until she dumps you in disgust.

i was actually thinking that maybe i could do some things that would cause HER to break up with me.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Tell her about you're favorite anime haha

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Slip out the back, Jack

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

accuse her of cheating, and tell all of her friends and yours first. really put her on the backfoot trying to do damage control while you moonwalk out untarnished.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Mr Interweb posted:

i was actually thinking that maybe i could do some things that would cause HER to break up with me.

Get all childish and excited about dumb stuff to the point where you piss yourself. Once she sees how you've become a gigantic manbaby, she'll run for the door.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Become an obnoxious atheist or a born again Christian, depending on their outlooks.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Telll her that you need to be swaggin on em but you can't if u stay in this relationship

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I'm sorry, my people need me and teleport into your UFO and fly away

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Do a flying jumpkick off the roof of her car and just fuckin demolish her mailbox. She has to see you do it, though.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
tell her that it's because of the Roe v Wade decision and you don't want to put her in a position where she'd need an illegal abortion

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Say you’re into cuck stuff and start bringing over Asian guys to bang her. She’ll become addicted to their penises and leave you. Problem solved.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Join the clergy and separate yourself from the worldly pleasures

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Get drunk. Stay that way until you realize she's gone and are unsure when she left

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tbh we're all giving bad advice here, just put a ring on it and pump out a few kids and begrudgingly live together until one of you drops off.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Tell her about this forum.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Over the next few weeks, claim you’ve been having dreams about being teleported into the post-apocalyptic future of the human race. Be real upset by it. Say it was like way more real than a dream.

After a few weeks. Get yourself bitten by a dog or something. Make sure it leaves a real good bite mark on you. Quietly go to sleep without her seeing the bite, and when you wake up the next morning start saying how you were having another one of those future-dreams. This time say you were being attacked by irradiated wolves or something and then pull back the sheets to reveal OMG ITS A WOLF BITE IRL! She’ll start taking everything you say way more seriously now.

After that disappear for a whole day. She’ll have no idea where you are and get really worried. Then just magically show up at her front door. When she asks where you’ve been, say “I was there again!” And then spin some tail about how in the year 4596 the Scorpion faction is being hunted by killer robots and they are humanity’s last chance at survival in the future. You have been chosen to help them win the great Battle of Septic Mesa. Or whatever quasi-Terminator story you can come up with. Say humanity needs you and they keep teleporting you to the future to help.

Next, shave off all your hair and bake yourself in the sun for a day to get dark dark desert tan. Disappear again for another day. When you come back to her, and she asks where you’ve been for the last day, act amazed and say you thought you were gone MONTHS! And you’ve decided you must help the Scorpion Faction at all costs. The future needs you more than the present. Say they sent you back one last time to say goodbye to your beloved girlfriend.

Embrace. gently caress her limp-dick style, and before she wakes up in the morning, sneak out and disappear from her life forever. She’ll think you’re saving the world in the future, and you get to be single again. Problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Tbh we're all giving bad advice here, just put a ring on it and pump out a few kids and begrudgingly live together until one of you drops off.