Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

Nope, I didn't do anything last night. If Circl flipped scum I was gonna bd sandwolf and wologar to see if I could drive the nk onto my last scum pick, but since Circl didn't flip I just held off.

Ugh that seems kind of convenient.

Oh dang that reminds me I forgot to post this gif at the start of the day, this is me seeing the no-execute:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Nope, I didn't do anything last night. If Circl flipped scum I was gonna bd sandwolf and wologar to see if I could drive the nk onto my last scum pick, but since Circl didn't flip I just held off.

Oh man. In the closest alternate reality, I'd already be in observer chat. Makes me think.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Bifauxnen posted:

Incidentally I'm getting more paranoid about Cena now for similar reasons, but only slightly. Cena would you mind hanging out more to chat with your bud and show off them townie thought processes so I don't get weird ideas at the last second?

I've been feeling the same way, or maybe just frustrated because Stone Cold's posts have gone back to being inscrutable one-liners and that is not where I want anyone to be at this point in the game. But he still reads town to me somehow, I dunno.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Jafar has great eyelashes.

I dread the idea of reading more Cenathoughts, but it's for the best.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Ugh, I am suspicious of a whole lotta people but right now I am leaning CirclMastr after all. The idea that there's a scum governor and they chose to keep a townie alive just to troll us rather than just take the free townie kill and boost us straight to LYLO today just seems like a bad play.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Ugh, I am suspicious of a whole lotta people but right now I am leaning CirclMastr after all. The idea that there's a scum governor and they chose to keep a townie alive just to troll us rather than just take the free townie kill and boost us straight to LYLO today just seems like a bad play.

Well IF Circl is town it's not a bad play at all, cause it ensures we keep our sights on that townie again instead of one of them.

But I still think Circl is scum.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

What's our other alternative, then? It's between wologar and Caffeinated Jerkoff for me and one of those has started sounding a lot more town lately despite Sandwolf's misgivings. But that could be a ruse.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Also:

Is it just me or does this seem off? Why did CirclMastr not flipping stay your hand here? What sudden realization made that drive a bad idea all of a sudden? If you were suspicious of wologar and thought Sandwolf was going to get NK'd, it doesn't matter who does the kill. Either way scum dies, or at least someone who you think is more likely scum than Sandwolf. What does CirclMastr's flip have to do with it?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

wologar posted:

After Sandwolf's death, I think it's evident that whoever protected Circl is scum. Protecting someone who is bound to get executed again (scumbuddy or not) gives scum an extra night kill.

Yeah I guess I can see that. Instead of LYLO today with... probably CJ in the crosshairs, it's MYLO with me in the crosshairs. Town lunches me, scum wins tonight.

Add poo poo like this on top of it, and I'm thinking it's CJ. Stone Cold dropping a vote on MYLO with no explanation isn't the best move but I can't wrap my head around two scum masons. Then again I still can't wrap my head around two town millers. So I'd guess CJ + wologar or CJ + Cena.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Also:

Is it just me or does this seem off? Why did CirclMastr not flipping stay your hand here? What sudden realization made that drive a bad idea all of a sudden? If you were suspicious of wologar and thought Sandwolf was going to get NK'd, it doesn't matter who does the kill. Either way scum dies, or at least someone who you think is more likely scum than Sandwolf. What does CirclMastr's flip have to do with it?

Because Circl didn't flip, I assumed he'd be jailing Sandwolf again

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

After he was endlessly drilled for doing just that?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

So? The drive would've redirected both the jail and the night kill to wologar, wouldn't it? Someone who is good at mafia correct me if I'm wrong, my town is dying, but this doesn't check out from any angle.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

CJ being scum probably means they did the governor thing, too. Unless they aren't a scum JOAT and made up 100% of their role, who knows.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I'm somewhat morbidly amused that if CJ has a governor function somehow, that's yet another thing town never had a chance of figuring out beforehand (unless the thief could've stolen it somehow). Vanilla villains lives on...

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

So? The drive would've redirected both the jail and the night kill to wologar, wouldn't it? Someone who is good at mafia correct me if I'm wrong, my town is dying, but this doesn't check out from any angle.

I think that checks out. If I'd been the killer, there wouldn't have been any murder because of the role-block. If I'd been the target (because of swapping with Sandwolf), there wouldn't have been any murder because of the role-block. Is that how it works?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

CirclMastr posted:

CJ being scum probably means they did the governor thing, too. Unless they aren't a scum JOAT and made up 100% of their role, who knows.

That's what I've been thinking. None of his stated abilities (watcher, bulletproof, bus driver) are verifiable by anyone else. It may be true, just with an extra 'governor' in there.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

wologar posted:

That's what I've been thinking. None of his stated abilities (watcher, bulletproof, bus driver) are verifiable by anyone else. It may be true, just with an extra 'governor' in there.

I meant verifiable as things currently stand.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

wologar posted:

I think that checks out. If I'd been the killer, there wouldn't have been any murder because of the role-block. If I'd been the target (because of swapping with Sandwolf), there wouldn't have been any murder because of the role-block. Is that how it works?

Both of which would've been at least decent outcomes if CJ was town. Not a huge amount of info, but no nightkill means we stay out of MYLO and LYLO for another day and Sandwolf, most confirmed townie, stays alive for another day of chat.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I believe a CJ-Cena scum pair is becoming more likely. We should pursue CJ first because of his unproven role.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I've only got the one bus drive, and I'd rather use it to redirect the nk back on scum than jail one of them for a night

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I've only got the one bus drive, and I'd rather use it to redirect the nk back on scum than jail one of them for a night

Do you seriously think you have a better chance to hit with that drive today?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

But how could you ever be sure that you're using it on scum? Besides, we're at the tail end of the game. Isn't it better to ensure a non-execution rather than hope for the best?

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Do you seriously think you have a better chance to hit with that drive today?

Not anymore, but I didn't think Sandwolf was gonna get nk'd, I thought he was gonna be jailed

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Not anymore, but I didn't think Sandwolf was gonna get nk'd, I thought he was gonna be jailed

I'm surprised scum took the shot on Sandwolf since they'd just learned he was jailed literally every night before last night

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Normal roles like tracker $10
Weird possibly fakeclaim roles $20
Vanillas $4000
Masons $20
Millers $20

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm surprised scum took the shot on Sandwolf since they'd just learned he was jailed literally every night before last night

Not too surprising if you know where the jail's going. And that the busdrive is not going.

I think it's Circl and CJ but definitely Circl first and CJ might have a hail Mary chance to prove themself

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not interested in kayfabing a universe where circl is town. im not budging my vote.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

CJ has seen the day open and made this post but nothing else yet? Here in crunch time after an exciting twist? Having only sparse contribution even now rings very scummy to me.

Incidentally I'm getting more paranoid about Cena now for similar reasons, but only slightly. Cena would you mind hanging out more to chat with your bud and show off them townie thought processes so I don't get weird ideas at the last second?
im not falling for a wifom circle with whatever this voteproof thing is. my read is still the same.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just want this game to be over.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CirclMastr posted:

Yeah I guess I can see that. Instead of LYLO today with... probably CJ in the crosshairs, it's MYLO with me in the crosshairs. Town lunches me, scum wins tonight.

Add poo poo like this on top of it, and I'm thinking it's CJ. Stone Cold dropping a vote on MYLO with no explanation isn't the best move but I can't wrap my head around two scum masons. Then again I still can't wrap my head around two town millers. So I'd guess CJ + wologar or CJ + Cena.
you are such disingenuous scum dude, pulling the loving mylo card after neglecting to mention you're voteproof and then aw shucks you misplayed your night action again? how are you guys falling for this dumb poo poo he isnt even trying

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thanks Cena, just was getting some heebie-jeebies and I agree that no matter what else is going on Circl is still the scummiest.

##vote Circl

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

you are such disingenuous scum dude, pulling the loving mylo card after neglecting to mention you're voteproof and then aw shucks you misplayed your night action again? how are you guys falling for this dumb poo poo he isnt even trying

I was just as surprised as you were to not be dead already. And in what way did I misplay my night action this time? Was I supposed to keep jailing Sandwolf after everyone - including Sandwolf - specifically told me not to? Was I supposed to know, somehow, in advance, who was doing the night kill and target that person and no one else? What exactly does "trying" look like, because I'm not the one hurling personal insults because he wants to quit.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

##vote CJ

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have not thrown out a single insult

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

You know, fine, if this steers us wrong, I guess I'm ready to give up and end the game. CirclMastr has just been too weird and now CJ is looking real scummy too. Hail Mary indeed. ##vote CirclMastr

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##unvote just want to check something out before i slap my vote back on. gimme a minute.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ok im good. ##vote circlmaster

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Cena if this goes through and CirclMastr flips scum, who are you thinking tomorrow?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Cena if this goes through and CirclMastr flips scum, who are you thinking tomorrow?

what's your claim again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##unvote

i think im gonna sleep on the vote, i think theres a lot more to flesh out here. i still think circl is scum but you're raising a good point in that i should be looking for a partner today.