Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

To be honest, I just press everything every single time. Not only does that give you the most possible clues for what to present, it also gives you the most fun dialogue. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

I personally think Sahwit is innocent, and Larry totally did it.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Told you he was guilty. Justice has been served this day.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Cogniferous!

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Tarezax posted:

Localization trivia:

Our friend's name here is Konaka Masaru in the Japanese script, written as 小中大. Those three characters individually mean "small", "medium", and "large".
A 4'5" psychic is on the run from the law! That's right, there's a small medium at large!

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

I'm not a huge anime guy really, but I really enjoyed the Phoenix Wright anime. Was a fun watch.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

SoundwaveAU posted:

I was the cynical 'Has Read The Books' guy and was like "No, oh my god dude how are you gonna cut that out? God you can't even tell what's going on!"

You're not wrong! They did cut some stuff (and also add some new stuff) I'm usually that guy too, but I still enjoyed it.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

I suspect he doesn't realize you're actually an attorney, and that you worked with Mia. Best present your attorney's badge.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Sorry, it's actually still funny.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Dunning-Kruger Effect, thy name is Redd White of Bluecorp.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah, download/open is handled by filetype, and is a browser setting.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Nice.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Nidoking posted:

I think starting a series with as much future history as this one has must be something like trying to get into any other long-running, popular series in the Internet age, wanting to share your experience with people who've seen and done it all, and discovering that the community will use you as a means to share the things that make you not yet part of it, often (apparently) oblivious to why you're not enjoying all the in-jokes. If you tell people you've just discovered this charming little game called Undertale, they'll tell you you're gonna have a bad time, offer you some spaghetti, and start humming Megalovania. Mention that you're trying to get into Doctor Who chronologically, and it's a toss-up whether they'll ask you to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow for a jelly baby or go straight to the "wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey" quotes. Bring up that interesting Jojo series that looks like they're going to be introducing vampires, and if any one of your friends doesn't immediately shout "ZA WARUDO!", please introduce me to them, because I need a new group of friends. Over time, any series develops enough self-awareness to pick up on those community jokes about itself and integrate them in some way, bringing the whole thing full circle (another Doctor Who joke, or just coincidence?) and making those jokes indistinguishable from the series proper, blurring the distinction even further for people who may want to encourage new fans, but don't seem to know how. It's one of those consummately human things that I hate, and the reason I've learned to finish doing anything before I let anyone know I've started it. That said, I've been enjoying reading this, I appreciate the extra effort to show the outcomes you miss in a normal playthrough, and I don't comment much for fear of becoming the thing I've spent most of this post complaining about.
Yeah, this is fair. This happens a lot. For what it's worth there ARE a couple of unique responses to showing the badge but much less than people generally joke/meme about. People just think the general idea of Phoenix shoving his badge in people's face is funny. It just doesn't really click for new people all the time.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

I don't really pop in to vote, since I've played the games already so I know the right answer, and I either vote the correct answer, or something I know is incorrect.

But I want to say I'm enjoying reading this LP, and I think the right answer for this one is definitely the Attorney's Badge. (not really)

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Listen, some kids have it coming.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Come on, dude.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

DKII posted:

Thanks for pointing it out - I had thought you were talking about the end of the investigation yesterday. As requested: Video Link

I love this bit.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

That's not a bad idea, honestly. 1-5 is a great case, but it would fit in better thematically and mechanically after the third game.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

It's definitely canon. It's also a very good case! It's 100% worth playing, but there's value in considering playing it after the first trilogy, yeah.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah I'll be happy either way, honestly. Very much enjoying this LP. Enjoy your break, see you on the 27th!

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Presenting the badge continues to be the best option. 1% of the time, it works. Every time.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Honestly just waiting for Edgeworth to realize he's stuck with us, unless he wants to defend himself.

Crap, he's going to want to defend himself, for sure.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Gumshoe too. School security guard janitor.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Put Missile on the witness stand.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Good ol' Meg, coming to visit.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Man I gotta be honest I didn't remember the ghost of Mia popping in as much as she does. It's not like she's spelling out the entire case or anything, but it would still be nice to figure it out on your own. Then again, it really sucks to be stuck. I guess that's the balance these kinds of games walk.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

A great ending to a great game. Even though it's kinda not ended yet. :)

I know you're far from over but I wanted to say you're doing a really good job with this LP, DKII. I'm very much enjoying reliving the games through you.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

It's a really good case. Just really long.

Ema is great! She's very much like Maya visually, and they even share the syllable count and structure of their names!

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

I don't know, I love the endless special lunches with custom art for every single one. I think it's funny. :)

And Marshal is worth it for the music alone.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Psion posted:

lmao

it's not every day an entire thread gets called out this hard, but it sure just happened :allears:

Yeah, this is top-tier.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

This game would be real short if all your defendants just told you everything immediately.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

This thread took a weird turn.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

I always sort of assumed it's just when the game wanted to show the characters from the front rather than from the side.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Oh, definitely. It's too long, for sure, and really feels like it drags in the first half, but once it gets going it's really good.

The music unique to this case is great, too.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

Here we go! It's been a long long case, but man it really starts firing on all cylinders towards the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

It's over! Congratulations on finishing a mammoth of an LP. I really enjoyed it and it was fun to revisit the game through your eyes. Very well done! Looking forward to more, if or when you decide to jump into Justice For All! May I recommend putting a link in this thread when the new one is made, just in case we might miss it otherwise?

One of these days, presenting the badge will be the right option, for sure.