Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

It happens very rarely, but there are a couple of times when multiple pieces of evidence is valid to progress. I think it's happened at least once in this lp so far too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Also, a big part of being a lawyer is throwing off the witnesses. If they didn't throw the bone into the incinerator but did throw something else or even all of those into the incinerator, that's going to trip them up answering your question. They may unintentionally reveal something.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

He wanted our badge so badly, didn't he? Well he can have it!

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Dirk the Average posted:

Clearly we just need to show our badge. That proves that we know the law, and thus know whether the evidence is legal or not!

Makes perfect sense to me.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

davidspackage posted:

Interesting, I hadn't considered that angle. Still, I feel like it misses something. Murdering a prosecutor just to get a conviction is extreme, and why did he need leverage on Lana to begin with, really? Or was it their respective roles in law enforcement? The chief wants convictions, so he forces his prosecutor Lana to... prosecute despite flimsy evidence? Meh.

He didn't need leverage per se, he just wanted it because he's a blackmailing scumbag getting out ahead at the expense of others, see when his mask comes off during the trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

...! posted:

Show the attorney badge

:hai: