Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

serefin99 posted:

I'll admit I don't really know, like, anything about law and stuff. But isn't the Fifth Amendment, etc. a "you MAY" type of thing? As in, it's entirely optional whether you want to use it or not? And, well, you've already seen how Larry is, I don't think it's too farfetched to think he would turn down the opportunity to keep his mouth shut...

5A in the US formulation is that the prosecution cannot compel you to give up self-incriminating information. You can absolutely cede that voluntarily, even under deception or some forms of duress. And of course its an oft-violated right anyway.

e: Also AA is very not based on the American legal system, but if it were then Mr. Larry isn't really having his rights violated he's just being a terrible defendant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Rythian posted:

I personally think Sahwit is innocent, and Larry totally did it.

I think it was suicide.