Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The goofy Japanifornia setting is great and I am glad that the localisers set the game in LA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

There are some characters where the localisation made them 1000% more hilarious.

edit: tagged spoiler removed after rereading op. Y'all probably know who I'm talking about anyway.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Well drat, if the guy in the picture isn't Redd White, that kind of throws out the Bellboy's testimony. I'm not sure how you're going to find the killer at this point unless Grodyburger has some hot goss for you.

The killer is in custody. The victim wrote her name in blood, remember? The correct autopsy report even specifies that was possible.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I really hope this LP doesn't suffer from the PW curse because it being a blind SSLP is a really fun new perspective on the games. I agree with basically your entire assessment of the episodes, mostly good except for the extended ending sequence and White folding like a bad poker hand under the slightest pressure.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A lot of the humour in Phoenix Wright comes from the protagonist being a sarcastic straight man to the goofy anime antics around him, so pairing him up with a goofy anime sidekick just means we get more of that and it rules.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Edgeworth is at his funniest when something breaks his composure and he is as flummoxed by the witness as Phoenix.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

...!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Are you writing the commentary notes up as you play the game, rather than doing a recording session and then doing a writeup afterwards?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Truthkeeper posted:

Clearly he's the protagonist of the next Devil May Cry game. Phoenix needs to dispense with all of this "court of law" nonsense and beat the hell out of him with his Marvel vs. Capcom superpowers.

But he defeats enemies in UMvC3 in the exact same way he defeats them in this game.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Truthkeeper posted:

Gant is a disturbing character. It's not the way he acts toward others, it's not his dialogue.

It's those eyes.

I really like the way he stares at the camera just long enough for it to be uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Detective's face being perfectly blocked by the flag or the locker at all times is a really good joke.