Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Another brave soul taking a strike at the AA games. I wish you the best of luck.

Pretty sure none of the other ones were blind playthroughs, though, so this ought to be doubly interesting. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

In fairness, nearly everything you need to examine actually stands out reasonably well, so you don't usually need to spend ages pixel hunting.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Good old Detective Detective Detective. :allears:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Edgeworth is a magnificent rear end in a top hat and I love him. :allears:

These games are incredibly good at making you love or hate the characters. For a game with a handful of sprites originally on the GBA, they're still absolutely brimming with personality.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Quackles posted:

Fun fact: In all versions through the DS version, there was a typo here and it read "wonton winking".

They fixed it for the collection.
I was about to post that! That's such a fun typo :allears:

theshim
May 1, 2012

DKII posted:

Mmpf...

Oh? Excuses not on sale today?
Man, Phoenix can be savage sometimes. It's great.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Mia's here! That can only mean one thing...

Is Mia.......a clock?!

theshim
May 1, 2012

I love the pace of the back-and-forth with the prosecution when Phoenix has finally figured things out. He goes from bluffing like crazy and nitpicking to find even the tiniest inconsistency to a righteous warrior slamming down the truth. And both still feel perfectly like Phoenix!

theshim
May 1, 2012

DKII posted:

Music: Silence

I didn't.
I love this dumb game :allears:

theshim
May 1, 2012

DKII posted:

I... appreciate the concern, Your Honor.

Look at this smug motherfucker :allears:

theshim
May 1, 2012

So here's where I'm going to make an unconventional recommendation that might not be the most intuitive thing and a bunch of people might disagree with. I assume you're already a decent chunk of the way into recording the next case at this point, but here goes:

I think you should skip Rise From the Ashes for now. That's the case after this next one, if you haven't encountered it yet, the one that was added for the DS rerelease and was not in the original. There are two reasons for this - first, it's extremely long, a huge gauntlet to get through, and second, I honestly think the way it's inserted into the game actually weakens some of the plot beats in the next game if played now. I don't know if the thread will agree with me, but I honestly think that case is best played after finishing the second game (or even the third, if you like). I'm a big fan of playing things in release order, and Rise From the Ashes was actually released after the full trilogy was complete.

theshim
May 1, 2012

I love Maya :allears:

Anyway, this case's opening is real good, just immediately hooks you right in. Looking forward to this!

theshim
May 1, 2012

DKII posted:

Say, Detective Gumshoe. Do you know "Gourdy"?

This is one of my favorite throwaway lines in the entire series :allears:

theshim
May 1, 2012

:stare:

It's great that the first thing that makes him lose his composure is you denying him his three minute verdict.

theshim
May 1, 2012

DKII posted:

:aaa: :psyduck: How does this game keep getting me!? It was loving Karma!? And now we have to prove he's the killer while he's loving prosecuting us? I'm just going to go jump out a window right now.
God I love people's reactions to playing these games for the first time :allears:

theshim
May 1, 2012

God I love these stupid, stupid games. :allears:

theshim
May 1, 2012

This is one of my favorite lines in the series and perfectly encapsulates the experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

So many players completely forgot about the metal detector until this point and had their brains explode when they realized what they were going to do.

These games are bananas on toast wild, and I love it.