Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

achtungnight posted:

I know it’s daytime but they were inside and there may not be good light throughout the hallway. What he saw could thus be in doubt.

Look carefully at the image, the apartment doors open to the outside balcony/walkway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Oh yeah, I didn't really like 1-2 that much.

And yet he still haven't HEARD anyone say that.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

While you are at it, consider exactly how did Phoenix manage to enter the wiretap in evidence, since he is not the police.
Did he steal it? Did he take a picture and hope for the best?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Also this:
When the updated report hits

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

raifield posted:

This part of the case always seemed a bit strange to me. Why couldn't they have just eaten the steaks and tossed the bones in the incinerator? There being nothing on the plates doesn't actually prove anything.

You might want to check sal's testimony on the duration of the break and the time it takes to eat a t-bone.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

And with that southern accent (i guess it must have been kansai in the original?) she probably has a lotta heart and a lotta food too.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

There is also a fact that for lesser crimes, if you did a crime and then lived lawfully for X years, it becomes increasingly unclear on what the punishment would even accomplish.
Isolating you from society? Achieves nothing, you've been a lawful citizen for years. Reform? Oops, done already. The only remaining thing is vindication, but uh, you don't want to base your justice system on that.
Mind you, this does not apply to crimes with permanent/very long-lasting consequences, like murder.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Well clearly it's murderer and Hammond. Edgeworth isn't the murderer, he swam to the boat later and picked up the gun wondering "Why is there a gun in an empty boat on the lake"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I feel like calling him innocent is a bit of a stretch, even if they mean "in this specific instance".

Wasn't the issue that they couldn't actually pin the murders on him so if this is nullified, then he is functionally innocent?