Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
The reason why it's 2 ticks on 10 bars is because the original first game had 5 possible mistakes. Later games had different damage intervals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Reasonable doubt? No such concept exists in Japanifornia!

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Looks like those two are wav files, which might be handled differently?

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Looked it up, it's アクダイカーン (Akudaikaan) in Japanese. Daikan is the word for a local governor/magistrate in the Edo period, and aku is usually translated as evil.

So Evil Magistrate is pretty much on-the-dot.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Look, there's been a sum total of 1 text LP that I'm aware of that survived the first game, and the one for the following game didn't survive the second.

Take all the breaks you need.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Truthkeeper posted:

Not for the first time, I wish there was a way to load just a single post. The forum is struggling hard trying to load all these images.

Here's a single-post version of the last one.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

I learned the perpage=1 trick from the Umineko LP, incidentally, which as you can imagine featured A Lot of images on pages.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Tarezax posted:

Basically there's a collection of identifier prepositions/pronouns that take the prefixes ko-, so-, and a- to say stuff like "here" (koko), "there" (soko), and "way over there" (asoko). "That guy" would be rendered in Japanese as either "aitsu" or "ano hito", referring to some person not at the scene. The characters are understood to know who is being referred to from the context but this allows the writer to hide who exactly they are referring to from the reader, which probably exaggerates its prevalence in media.

"It can't be!"

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Clearly Maya already stole it and took it back to Wright and Co. Attorney's Offices.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

It's got merit, but it's also insanely long and a bit of a drag by the time you get to the end of it.

It also has some of the stupidest solutions in the entire series.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

God, I love von Karma. One LPer I saw recently gave him the Dracula voice, and well, yeah.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Perjury does exist in Japanifornia, but you basically have to have intent.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

The best part is still that von Karma literally retrained the parrot, just in case. Just so he'd have an extra trap if we randomly decided to call the parrot.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

I recall hearing the terms used for the "Chief Prosecutor" in chapter 2 and Lana are different, somehow.

How are they different? Uh...someone with full knowledge of the Japanese script would have to tell you.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

I had a moment where I considered animating Gumshoe's sprite to do the badger dance.

Then I reconsidered doing anything resembling effort.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

...wait, there's a reason?

How do I not know this?

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

So one other thing is that whenever you see Meekins you have to listen to the sound of the loving megaphone screech. Constantly. Over and over. Every time the megaphone sprite is on the screen (and it's on there often).

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

blood spatter splatters

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Ah, now see, this is the sound effect I was talking about.

And this is why I cannot stand Meekins. Because he's accompanied by this sound effect in anything that isn't his initial 30 second appearance.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

I hope you like watching this video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Note, however, that Meekins is not our client.