Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
Yeah, put me down as someone who likes case 1-5 right after 1-4. While I could see the seams where it was inserted after someone pointed it out to me, I definitely didn't notice my first time through on the DS. I thought that I just got really lucky and that the last, last case was a doozy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
To paraphrase a certain someone, when it clicks just right, Ace Attorney games feel like you are riding down the slopes of Mount Justice on your truth toboggan. Nothing quite like it.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
I was always under the impression that Yanni Yogi was a reference to Yami Yugi from that one anime/manga about children's card games.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.

Dirk the Average posted:

That doesn't sound Wright. Some of the puns are on the edge of being worthy, but at least you can tell they have a lot of heart behind them.

:golfclap:

But seriously, in both the English and Japanese texts, everyone's name is either a reference or a pun. Usually both.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.

DKII posted:

He would probably line up to prosecute himself.

That's just the kind of guy he is.

I bookmarked this page just so I could bring this back up. Dagnabit, Edgeworth. Keeping those hands clean.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
Japanifornia, please.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.

davidspackage posted:

I don't recall if the characters question the Blue Badger's name at some point (or maybe when he came up in previous episodes?), since he resembles a little jester more than an animal.

Take another look at the mascot's head. He's supposed to resemble a policeman's badge. Thus, the Blue "Badge"-er.

Zerbin7 fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 5, 2023

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
I am genuinely surprised that this many people didn't get the Blue Badger thing. Happy to enlighten you all, I guess.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
If you think that they're interesting, then so do I. I actually wasn't aware that there had been any script revisions between the various re-releases.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.

Samovar posted:

I like how deliberately abrasive Gant comes across as. It feels so much more... correct? Then Starr.

No, more controlled. Like because of Starr having their dialogue be dependent on their food box delivery shtick, it just felt forced, whereas Gant just feels likes a bastard proper.

I never got that impression of Gant. He always seemed kind of personable to me, but very much in charge, and used to his authority being respected. The old man who'll joke with you, but will brook no disrespect at ALL.

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
It's a nice little easter egg that adds a bit of depth to his character, in retrospect. It's endearing, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerbin7
Oct 15, 2014

It's a living.
Thanks, and congratulations. You did a wonderful job.