Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

I think one of my favorite things about this franchise is how there aren't really THAT many sprites for each character, but they manage to make them feel tremendously different in each situation they're used in.

The judge's wide-eyed, blinking face seems totally different when he uses it in surprise that phoenix is so stupid, as opposed to when the killer has a complete meltdown on the stand, the courtroom goes silent, fades to black, then fades back in on the judge as he says "well that was weird"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

MarquiseMindfang posted:

AA is at its best when it doesn't show you whodunnit in the opening scene.

Which is thankfully a majority of the time, I feel.

I think it's traditional that they do this for the first case in each game, right? (I think this is a common enough basic-fact that it's not a spoiler but i apologize if it is)

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Omobono posted:

How many GBA/DS players got their mind blown when they realized the sky in the employee area wasn't a ceiling painted blue?

oh gently caress

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Dirk the Average posted:

I assume that it's not just Gumshoe there and that there are more police in the area. There's often some implication in his dialogue (one of the first investigation scenes in the law office, for instance) that there's more than one person checking out the scene and Gumshoe is the point person that we're interacting with while he leads a team of investigators.

This is absolutely what occurred to me as I played for the first time, yeah. Extremely messy situation to dispose of three dead bodies, one of which is a cop, in a location that was just proven to be a crime scene for a previous murder and is probably going to be under scrutiny very soon. Additionally, gumshoe has a gun. Even if you were to take him out, there's a non-zero chance he's going to shoot Dee right in the tits before he goes down.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

mr. sahwit betrayed my trust

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

is this an elaborate deja vu joke

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Wow, they absolutely should have moved things around so that it's mandatory to view that phoenix line, because I never knew that was there. Then again... it's almost funnier that you can miss it.

I REALLY enjoy the character development of edgeworth there. At the end of the previous case, I've always been a huge fan of

quote:

Mr. White... Don't you think it's time to confess your crime?

And then he covers perfectly, getting him to admit to planting the wire tap. Just beautiful. I feel like he was living the high of his perfect record and didn't have a care in the world.

But now that record is shattered and you can't rebuild it. My fan theory is, that leaves him a bit more thoughtful. And maybe... Just maybe he has a moral compass, of some kind.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

the preservation of the *location*, on the other hand...

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

unless they can find someone else who was actually doing the blackmail in her trial, she gets the death sentence. japanafornia.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

I always thought it would have made sence if Edgeworth showed a bit more outrage at phoenix suddenly being accused in trial 2. Like. "what the gently caress...?" Surely he knew that was absurd from the get-go, right?

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

rfta has some of my favorite sprites ever made please hurry so i can post a man slowly blinking at you

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

If Gourdy is large enough that people can stand on it when it surfaces, then Gourdy could be the real scene of the murder and the boat was a fakeout.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

I really want to assure you guys that this poo poo is much harder when you haven't been staring at the cutscene as a still image for weeks.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

parallel killing... and the body was found in a car that was parallel parked! i've got it figured out!

no, wait, it's not parallel parking, is it?

you know, i've never really understood the term 'parallel parking'. if all of the cars are facing the same direction, they're parallel to each other. doesn't matter if they're front-to-back or side-to-side, as long as they're facing the same way. even diagonal! diagonal parking is my favorite kind.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

GilliamYaeger posted:

You're parking parallel to the road.

gently caress

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

you complain and complain about witnesses not giving info that they obviously could have given the previous day, and yet HERE we are....... :rolleyes:

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

...! posted:

Don't show the attorney badge to anyone at all

i was tired of the bit but this time, you reinvigorated me

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

joe darke is so much less cool after they tell you what joe darke did

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Quackles posted:

Rise to the Ashes takes a while to get started, but once it goes, it goes. It's practically a game-ending case by itself, and it's a good one - and now we're seeing it reach its crescendo.

I was kind of wondering 'why did i like this case again?' to myself, as we went through this. It's so much longer and less sensical than I remember. But the most recent segments, yeah. They're very good. I'm remembering why I wanted to see this again.

That and Gant's music, of course.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

mr marshalls finger prints

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

its got three fingers on it and they could kinda look like the horns on the badger or whatever those things coming out of its head are supposed to be. like. jester's cap looking mf.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

do you think that phoenix wright could successfully get aladdin (disney, pre-lamp) out of trouble? a billion witnesses, cops, all saying he stole the goddamn bread and he steals all the time. would he even do it? i feel like maybe he would say something like

"If you have to steal to eat... and you have to eat to live..."
*desk thump*
"That means he had to steal... to live!"
*point*
*music change*
"Would you condemn a man for staying alive??"

or something like that. but honestly i don't think that phoenix does any cases that aren't murders-where-we-also-find-the-real-killer, based on his record so far

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

One thing that makes viewing a game in a play-by-post let's play quite different is that you can look at something for as long as you want.

I remember when I first saw Gant do that, it was shocking. I was like, 'what the gently caress, what happened'. It was a little creepy. It was such an extreme sprite shift, crazier than anything in the game before that.

It seems a lot... sillier, when you can just stare it down. Kinda like if you look at the model of a monster in a horror game when it's stuck, or something.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Marluxia posted:

He wanted our badge so badly, didn't he? Well he can have it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Truthkeeper posted:

I could swear we already determined that Gant isn't allowed to talk anymore after invoking his right to refuse to testify. So why the gently caress is he still up there talking?

he can't say green words