Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Just going to mention this, the Pheonix Wright games are a parody of the Japanese Court system. No Jury, 99% conviction rate, Defense Lawyers are considered Scum and are expected to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

I know on RetroAchievements there is an Achievement for finishing the first case without pressing. Canonically that is what Phoenix does as mentioned in the next case.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

achtungnight posted:

the fact that he said he never entered the apartment yet knew the phone wasn’t working.

The Entryway isn't counted as entering the apartment. There is no contradiction.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Yeah, you're not ready for Justice for All yet. Go on to Episode 2.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Ah, Dick Gumshoe, one of the best and most frustrating characters in the whole series. I love the big dumb lug.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

No Spoilers, but [Modnote: C'mon pal you should have realized this was a bad idea by the time you typed this]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 27, 2022

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Episode 3 in each game has the reputation of being the weakest in their respective game. I don't agree with this, I love Turnabout Samurai.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

I never knew people thought it wasn't an outside area.

I know right? It's obviously outside.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this is when the fandom fell in love with Gumshoe. I could be wrong of course, but yeah, definitely one of Gumshoe's best moments.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Truthkeeper posted:

The monkey head wasn't cleared until after the first day of investigation, long after the murder happened.

No, the Monkey Head was moved after 4:00. We just didn't have access to Studio 2 until then because it hadn't been relevant.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Rise from the Ashes was made purely as a tie in for the 4th game in the series, and one that isn't necessary. I don't really consider the events of the episode canon, it doesn't even have Turnabout in the name.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

serefin99 posted:

that suddenly includes something from Phoenix Wright 1.

Except it's not from Phoenix Wright 1, it was made after 3 as a prequel to 4 and slapped on at the end of the DS Port so the game would have 5 cases. Nothing in it will be relevant to the rest of the trilogy.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

This is like how any non-fan westerner who hears someone talk about the first Fire Emblem, will think of Blazing Sword, which was the first one we got and was labeled as just Fire Emblem.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

Wrightworth is one of the few pairings in the fandom that I do not like. They just don't work together, at least to me.

Agreed. They have no romantic tension or chemistry. It's like people who claim that Naruto and Sasuke are meant to be.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Snickers in shipping Maybe by someone who knows what precisely a foolish fool he is.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

And thus the final boss is revealed. Time to show Von Karma whose boss.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

dotchan posted:

Also Japan has a huge shame-based culture and the immense social pressure of even being accused/suspected is horrible. You think internet-based cancel culture is bad? How about being unemployable because you're such a bad public relations risk that even the yakuza think twice about taking you in? How about not wanting to go outside during the day because nobody will make eye contact with you but plenty of people will talk poo poo about you while you can still hear them? How about having your residence vandalized with the charges the state (or merely your accuser) levied against you?

You can see bits and pieces of this in the flashback during the live action remake--in that version, it's pretty much all but stated out loud that Polly committed suicide because she became a social pariah.

It's also specified that Polly committed suicide in this version as well, just not the cause.

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

Dirk the Average posted:

I think the answer is yes, but not much. He still has the office, and we know Grossberg also has an office, so defense lawyers do get paid. Presumably Phoenix is also doing some boring cases of little note between the big cases as well to keep the lights on. He's certainly not wealthy, but he's not starving either. Presumably as his reputation rises, he'll get more high profile folks who will pay him more, but we'll see how his financial situation pans out as the series progresses.

Possibly, but he does mention there were no cases between Mia's death and Will Power's framing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosStar0
Apr 6, 2021

apostateCourier posted:

All you have to do to be accused of lying as a patient is be a woman and mention chronic pain, or pain of any kind.

Having been on the other side of this, it disgusts me how ingrained it is to assume the patient is lying.

The Patient always lies. Whether it's to cover up something embarrassing or to cover up something they think is completely unrelated.