Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindopali
Jun 7, 2023
Discovered this thread late, but drat was it a nice trip down memory lane. I loved it when I played it back then. I played it in french, it was funny to note how they kept the same level of jokes with names and small sentences.

"The sky is blue and so am I," became "Le ciel est gris et mon humeur aussi," = "The sky is gray and so is my mood."

April May became Masha Vrill, which sounds like "Mars Avril" = Marsh April. It's littered with stuff like that, I would have loved to witness the translation team scratch their heads thinking "this is dumb, how the hell will we keep this tone?"

Anyway, thanks a huge lot for the Let's play, This game means a lot to me, I remember being in my bed on my DS and scratching my head thinking this is impossible, brute forcing my way and being so delighted to have the ending to the last case. I still got goosebumps when the music starts after bringing out a correct objection that gets the murderer in a bind. It was a real pleasure rediscovering it (and that drat vase). Thank you.

Mindopali fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Feb 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindopali
Jun 7, 2023

Truthkeeper posted:

here you can see real lapel pins worn by members of the various Japanese legal professions (and one for cheese enthusiasts).

Is it a bad thing that I can't distinguish which ones are for lawyers and which one for cheese enthusiasts?