Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
Yeah, Gant has noted on at least one occasion that the only person he looks out for is himself. He was angling to become Chief of Police and Lana probably told him at some point that she was planning to become Chief Prosecutor. Having his partner in a high position with the prosecutors would favor Gant greatly but it likely hinged on nailing Darke to the wall on murder charges... charges that Gant and everyone else were having a hell of a time getting to stick.

So the way I see it is that Joe Darke is brought in to be interrogated by Neil Marshall and Gant, something or other causes Darke to bolt and Neil to pursue, Gant gets there in time to see Darke, Neil and Ema out cold (likely with the piece of Neil's jacket still firmly in her grip). Gant gets An Idea which leads to the big frame job with Neil speared on the statue and everyone else arranged in a way such that Lana, when she arrives, concludes that Ema accidentally killed Neil, a conclusion that Gant is all too happy to agree with.

One thing leads to another and everything is coming up Gant: a (technically) innocent man was executed, Gant was promoted to Chief of Police, and the woman who would become Chief Prosecutor was 'convinced' to do whatever he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU