Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly have to say that a generally mechanically blind LP is pretty neat from a different perspective point. Have to say that it’s not really surprising the first death happened here, the Forsaken can be a massive brick tossed at your head with all the massive armor they start out with.

Given I know the game mechanics, would you prefer I keep hush hush on commenting on character builds and such?

Edit: update on previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
Not sure if :stonk: or :saddowns: but when I said take the hits for B Team, Grey, I didn't mean ALL of them...! Ah well. Pretty eventful career even if it was short.

Man, the Forsaken look like a nasty step up, huh... Would researching our own cybernetics let us get as ridiculously strong / armoured as that?

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

White Coke posted:

Haven’t had a chance to watch the latest video, but when selecting my skills I think it’s best to prioritize making my berserker’s damage when he hits people in melee as high as possible.

That rather assumes you survive (have not watched the video either yet)

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Serpentis posted:

Not sure if :stonk: or :saddowns: but when I said take the hits for B Team, Grey, I didn't mean ALL of them...! Ah well. Pretty eventful career even if it was short.

Man, the Forsaken look like a nasty step up, huh... Would researching our own cybernetics let us get as ridiculously strong / armoured as that?

The Forsaken appear to be built with the initial mutation unlocks, so I believe the answer is yes. The difference is that our soldiers can only have two mods out of three, while the Forsaken are completing given over. Bionics is very similar in what unlocks first.

Playing this for myself, I'm starting to wish I had not activated the Festering Skies DLC because I am losing the air war and I'm not sure what I can do to meaningfully change that besides just building a dozen planes, and not engaging with the air war is turning havens into Pandoran bases that are a pain to clear..

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 30, 2022

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Dang, RIP to a real one. Perhaps the new base could be renamed the Serpentis Memorial Site?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Cloud Potato posted:

Dang, RIP to a real one. Perhaps the new base could be renamed the Serpentis Memorial Site?

I'd put a vote down for that, or the Death to Facehuggers Heavy Barracks.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

marshmallow creep posted:

Playing this for myself, I'm starting to wish I had not activated the Festering Skies DLC because I am losing the air war and I'm not sure what I can do to meaningfully change that besides just building a dozen planes, and not engaging with the air war is turning havens into Pandoran bases that are a pain to clear..

Use your evasion equipment to avoid damage in the early parts of an air engagement, then retreat once you've knocked a weapon off. Alien craft keep damage between fights.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

wiegieman posted:

Use your evasion equipment to avoid damage in the early parts of an air engagement, then retreat once you've knocked a weapon off. Alien craft keep damage between fights.

I noticed that, which is why I brought up getting more planes. Four is all I've needed to protect the world in the regular game, but I only have enough guns and gear to arm two and between them both they can't reliably take out even one of these airborne baddies, of which there are at least four at any time.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

marshmallow creep posted:

I noticed that, which is why I brought up getting more planes. Four is all I've needed to protect the world in the regular game, but I only have enough guns and gear to arm two and between them both they can't reliably take out even one of these airborne baddies, of which there are at least four at any time.

You hit on the solution, basically. Having more planes is a big deal, for the whole game.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Just an update, I am on holiday atm, so no update until Saturday.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
Pour one out for Serpentis. Don't think those New Jericho scientists were remotely worth it.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Servetus posted:

Pour one out for Serpentis. Don't think those New Jericho scientists were remotely worth it.

:ghost: NO THEY WERE NOT :ghost:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I go on a mission to steal a New Jerico loader.....

This is the research availible to us - I am woefully short of supplies, so I'll need to send a team off to trade our food stockpile - but I need to get troops out there searching, and the new plane will let me defend Africa while still pushing forwards!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Grenade launcher technology? That sounds promising.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Knock out the autopsies and everything you'll use that's less than 10 hours (so don't research a gun if it's flat out worse than the Phoenix equivalent)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
We need to find out about Egg

And also start on the Bionics

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

Grenade launcher technology? That sounds promising.

I will second this. There are times you need to break stuff and only a grenade launcher can do the job.

Grenades in this game aren't as perfect and powerful as they are in XCOM 2 but there are times you need to destroy a wall to open up sight lines or give a monster a full body hemorrhage and there is no substitute.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
If there’s any research that gives us resources, then that, else go with Veloxyll’s plan.

As for our new plane, I think a fitting name would be the “Five Finger Discount”.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Slaan posted:

And also start on the Bionics

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Smashpoint learn the eggs

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4009384

I've just started a new text LP - wildermyth.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

As for our new plane, I think a fitting name would be the “Five Finger Discount”.

:hmmyes:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I'm gonna claim someone else as SIGSEGV II. It might also a good idea to try to get better armor.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think the plane should be called SIGSEGV II. We put his mangled corpse in it and hooked it up to the neural control interface or something.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I get a new vehicle, and help out new Jerico for the reward.

While I'm going for one of the story missions, I do also have the option of further annoying New Jerico.....

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Slaan posted:

Hey wait a minute you aren't a goat at all! You're a seal!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

No combat in this video, but I do a lot of exploring!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I'm running out of places to explore, but at least I'm getting on side with the Disciples of Anu.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 12, 2022

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

you used [timg] tags which make it not clickable (but right click > open link new tab works)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

but at least I'm getting on side with the Disciples of Anu.

Good, we must embrace Crab. Become Crab.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010
I just noticed that I was added as an Infiltrator, in video 15 that just went up on YouTube. Is it possible for the Berserker recruit that just came up to be given my name, and someone else's name given to the Infiltrator?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, sorry, I think I missed some choices for my soldier there. I'm fine with everything that leads to bigger and more explosions.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Servetus posted:

I just noticed that I was added as an Infiltrator, in video 15 that just went up on YouTube. Is it possible for the Berserker recruit that just came up to be given my name, and someone else's name given to the Infiltrator?

Sure!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

This went up yesterday, but I didn't get chance to post it up until now.
We take on three missions, inclusing a haven defence, a diplomatic mission and a nest raid.

We also have to make some research choices.

Should I concentrate on getting scanners online, or getting a cybernetics bay up and running?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Research: Start with the quick Project Glory and Shotgun Technology, then some of the Anu stuff like Advanced Melee Weapons, Priest Class and Fungal Food Production.

Bases: Focus on scanners, then possibly Medical Bays?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Can we get the priest class so my guy can join?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Shotgun, priest and fungus sounds good

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

If you want to do any captures for vivisection, I would recommend the Aspida. It does so much more paralysis than your regular units can do, and it can heal the team in a pinch.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Priest is probably the best thing you can research at this point, hands down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Lets rescue a scientist from the clutches of New Jerico!