Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Irregardless posted:

The push for electric vehicles is a conspiracy for large corporations to reduce costs through increased ability to plan, streamline production and delivery, and the ability to nickel and dime the customer. Here is my case:

-If your daily range is about 400 miles before needing a charge, most people will self-select into not driving further than that for vacations, as the thought of having to wait at a charger for an hour or so is abysmal. This will allow companies to plan the most efficient placement for fulfillment/distribution centers, as well as more closely track tourism dollar flow.
-Electric vehicles allow for even more subscription services for things like heated seats, camera usage, digital assistant activation, etc. This means car companies can slim down their model offerings to just a few models and charge you a subscription to activate the features. Your car could be 1000hp or have 4WD so long as your subscription is active.
-These effects will combine and push even more people to city centers which for all large corporations will reduce the cost of labor. Once machine learning automates enough computer-based jobs the populace will be even more reliant on corporate and government handouts as by then the fields in the country will be managed autonomously/remotely.

these are perfect conspiracy theories because they have a detailed chain of cause and effect that do not logically follow at all and make no sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Earwicker posted:

airplanes exist

Irregardless posted:

Airplanes exist
ok sheeple

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I suspect early homo sapiens were eugenists. Tribe members with above average intelligence and language skills gave them an advantage during hunting, foraging and conflict so they and their children enjoyed preferential treatment. That's how we got that sudden explosion of intelligence in homo sapiens. Selective breeding! I've not voiced these suspicions to the police or anthropologists yet.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Irregardless posted:

Airplanes exist and fully track every person using them which may be something someone wouldn’t want to deal with.

Plane plus rental car for a family of four is far more expensive than just driving a vehicle you already own.

It’d be more accurate to say that you’d get maybe 400 miles, then stop and eat for fifteen minutes and hope that you have a charger you can use immediately upon arrival, that is a fast enough charger to give you maybe another 200 miles within an hour’s time of getting on the charger in the first place, that is hopefully a nicer place to wait like a Love’s instead of any random truck stop in the middle of nowhere, where you will likely have to have a charging time slot for your car if your hotel doesn’t have enough working chargers, or sit at another station close to your hotel to charge your car for the next day. The headache of charging the car is a much more significant problem than people think about once scaled up to everyone owning one. This all assumes there’s a universal charger that will charge all models of cars. All of these things put together make a single-charge road trip far more palatable especially when you have kids.

until like 20-30 years ago long hauls like you're describing were a much slower and more expensive proposition, and the result was a country covered with stopover towns built around servicing highway traffic. Not like gas stations but whole destinations in their own right with their own entertainment, shops, places to stay, everywhere. You can still see their skeletons if you actually drive a couple hundred miles outside of the city. The country's population and economy has radically centralized within recent memory around a few urban cores whose land and facilities are monopolized by a shrinking number of corporate entities, you're just describing that trend reversing to something that was factually much harder for a handful of major players to control.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 22, 2022

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

When you die your sense of time expands, so that your last minutes are spent experiencing subjective days of your mind and body failing, trapped in a decaying universe of yourself. Neuroscientists know but don't talk about it or study it directly because that's awful and there's nothing you can do about it

This but it lasts a subjective eternity. From your perspective you never quite reach the singularity of death.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

shadow people are real and they have something to tell us

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

hemale in pain posted:

Yeah they mostly say "Dude, you shouldn't take that much speed".

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

hemale in pain posted:

Yeah, but you do NOT want to hear what it is.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Shadow people are real and resent all the people tripping balls who can see them, they just want some privacy.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Shadow people are created from human brainwaves interacting with dark energy, allowing them to take on forms that reflect what's in the mind of the person observing them. This is where the legends about skinwalkers came from.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Skinwalkers were invented solely so people can say "you shouldn't talk about skinwalkers on the internet, it's taboo cultural appropria-" and then a skinwalker kills them.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Skinwalkers were invented solely so people can say "you shouldn't talk about skinwalkers on the internet, it's taboo cultural appropria-" and then a skinwalker kills them.

thats candlejack actually and has nothing to do with cultu

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Oh no, he got Sid :ohdear:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Icochet posted:

People focus on jfk's death so much that nobody knows how he lived. And i don't think that's an accident

literally true, he was an irish mob bootlegging prince lmao

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

The Butcher posted:

Yeah, but you do NOT want to hear what it is.

yeah but why the hell is he wearing a top hat. i must know

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
George W. Bush knew 9/11 was going to happen, and he let it happen so he could invade Iraq.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

hemale in pain posted:

yeah but why the hell is he wearing a top hat. i must know

That's the hat man and he's the physical manifestation of the laws that govern our universe. Kill him and the higgs field will pop like a bubble.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Edward Mass posted:

George W. Bush knew 9/11 was going to happen, and he let it happen so he could invade Iraq.

Not sure if GWB even knew but some in Washington probably knew and let it happen.

Conservative/Christofacist think tank Project for a New American Century published a report in 2000 about how the US would need a new Pearl Harbor for them to build the world they wanted. (All resources for private enterprise including everything taken from the government as it's drowned in the tub)

I actually hate hate hate this conspiracy and how popular it is tho because the end result is the same and either way is so much worse and dire.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Thomas Hobbes was right and if progressives want to make a better world they need to stop convincing themselves they're the good guys and be prepared to go against the laws of nature and God himself by becoming eldritch horrors.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Yaldabaoth posted:

Thomas Hobbes was right and if progressives want to make a better world they need to stop convincing themselves they're the good guys and be prepared to go against the laws of nature and God himself by becoming eldritch horrors.

Thomas Hobbes said a world without government is nasty, brutish, and short, not that humans are evil fascists. Also nobody talks about “laws of nature” like they’re directives, they’re poo poo like “the entropy in a closed system is always increasing” and “1 + 1 = 2”, not “The strong must destroy the weak” or “Strife is good”. The rear end in a top hat you’re talking about is an anachronism outside of Nazi Germany.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Nigmaetcetera posted:

The rear end in a top hat you’re talking about is an anachronism outside of Nazi Germany.

I believe that humans in their natural state are fascists and I assumed this is what Thomas Hobbes was referring to when he said the state of nature was nasty, brutish, and short, but I must have read it wrong.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Yaldabaoth posted:

I believe that humans in their natural state are fascists and I assumed this is what Thomas Hobbes was referring to when he said the state of nature was nasty, brutish, and short, but I must have read it wrong.

We have a higher nature that is able to overcome our baser selves for our own benefit, if we didn’t you wouldn’t be using language right now, and most people would die in infancy. We’d just be raging chimps.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Nigmaetcetera posted:

We’d just be raging chimps.

You mean like the average republican voter?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Yaldabaoth posted:

You mean like the average republican voter?

You’re just absolving trump voters of the morality of their choices when you do that.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

flubber nuts posted:

fresh water resources are being poisoned on purpose so corporations can sell us clean water.

In case this hasn't been posted before: see also air.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You’re just absolving trump voters of the morality of their choices when you do that.

If someone cannot be reasoned with no matter how hard you try then they're no better than a dangerous animal lashing out at anything that triggers them.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Yaldabaoth posted:

If someone cannot be reasoned with no matter how hard you try then they're no better than a dangerous animal lashing out at anything that triggers them.

Look you’re being figurative, I’m being literal. No human being, no matter who they voted for has ever torn a live man’s face and wedding tackle off and then eaten them raw because the man made eye contact. Chimps are in the D&D monster guide, humans ain’t.* Besides, humans can be reasoned with, they just often refuse to. Would you really rather be in a room full of ball- and face-hungry chimps rather than trump voters? Unarmed? Because I don’t believe you.

*if humans are in the D&D monster guide they loving SHOULDN’T BE HUMANS RULE gently caress KNIFE EARS AND DORFS

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

There's a big pussy on the dark side of the moon & the Government won't let you see it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

There's a big pussy on the dark side of the moon & the Government won't let you see it

Mass horny is disruptive to the markets

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Look you’re being figurative, I’m being literal. No human being, no matter who they voted for has ever torn a live man’s face and wedding tackle off and then eaten them raw because the man made eye contact.

Oh...

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Look you’re being figurative, I’m being literal. No human being, no matter who they voted for has ever torn a live man’s face and wedding tackle off and then eaten them raw because the man made eye contact.

i guarantee some human has done this at some point in history

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

i guarantee some human has done this at some point in history

No way, one guy on in Florida tried but he gave up when the cops shot him 20 times.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I think it's a conspiracy that chimps chimp out. If people weren't scared of getting they dick ripped off like a lollipop we would all be friends with chimps instead of people and that would be an untenable antisocial world and society would crumble because we are having just too much fun with chimp buddies.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Yaldabaoth posted:

That's the hat man and he's the physical manifestation of the laws that govern our universe. Kill him and the higgs field will pop like a bubble.

live at the eiriel hyperplex: hatman and the shadow people

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Liam Neeson has been dead for 20 years and they just keep re-releasing Taken and give it a different title. I've seen bits and it's exactly the same thing over and over, can't be accidental

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hector Delgado posted:

Liam Neeson has been dead for 20 years and they just keep re-releasing Taken and give it a different title. I've seen bits and it's exactly the same thing over and over, can't be accidental

This is true, but his last actual movie was that one about wolves but the wolves killed Neeson on set

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 23, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Pac and Cheese posted:

live at the eiriel hyperplex: hatman and the shadow people

This is what you hear before you die.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

i believe this is kind of true but not that it was gwb like, personally. it was cheney, rumfeld, ashcroft et. al. who had been scheming together since the nixon admin. gwb was just the front. though i woudn't be surprised if bush sr knew.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

texas cops on the moon confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

My conspiracy theory: Modern tempered glass phone screen protectors don't do anything and are a big scam. They break easily so every time someone drops their phone and shatters their screen protector, they're like "thank God I had the screen protector!" And then they have to buy 3 or 4 of them every year for 8 bucks a pop. When in reality the drop wouldn't have broken the screen in the first place.