Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

it is eternally funny that a ron paul guy produced the core economic system of a game that makes capitalism look like dumb poo poo for assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Minenfeld! posted:

Where's that V3 reddit post that was ranting about how terrible land owners were and how they wish they'd all gently caress off so the poster could make the country better?

played as the USA a couple days ago and beat the hell out of the land owners until they became totally politically marginalized by an unholy coalition of academics, capitalists, and workers. also i didn't give in to the klan during reconstruction so southern culture became legally discriminated against after the civil war while afro-american became a primary culture lol

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Obviously Fortnite just needs some Guderian, Rommel, and Stepan Bandera skins to draw in the grognard crowd

drat i can't believe you can play fortnite as the byzantine empire now

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Danann posted:

It's probably me but just about every time I do a playthrough of Victoria 3 automobiles never take off at all. It's trains all day.

I guess I could try to force it through with motorized reconnaissance but I often research aeroplanes roughly around the same time too.

the AI is really bad at adopting new goods. it just happens to create a utopian world with no cars in this instance

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

The world has unbalanced arable land and migration though, isn't the point that Victoria is supposed to simulate how that shaped history?

yeah but the current numbers are really silly. japan having more arable land in one state than entire european countries, stuff like that. and the current migration balance favors the player heavily if they're any good at the game, high standard of living and outlawing government discrimination against minorities basically causes the entire world to start migrating into your nation. i'm not sure these systems would have been my #1 priority for the second big patch, but they were definitely weirdly balanced

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

You also can't conquer the Southern USA and assimilate all the Dixies and African-Americans into Austrians

yes you can

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

wow. i think that guy might be getting a lot of people to google hitler. very dangerous

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

tipping my replica wehrmacht cap to my audience of 20k as they hoot and holler for me to load up the "big titty hitler" mod

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

The Chad Jihad posted:

The 20 seconds from :40 on are forever burned into my brain

you're not allowed to do that poo poo on either of the bf1942 servers that are still running and that still see players daily

it sucks rear end!!! you just get autokilled if you go into an enemy uncapturable base and they kick you if you fire artillery into it or bomb it or whatever. i hate it

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mokotow posted:

I’m in a retro binge now and have RoTK II on the SNES lodes up. it’s really obtuse, though, and I keep putting it away, because it seems you need to read through the manual like in the olden days to be able to make it through turn 1.

koei games are always like that because they rely so much on complicated icons to convey things. usually once you get a handle on the interface it's not so bad.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ducklo simulator

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

(said really weirdly) refreshing

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

whoops just had two thousand citizens freeze to death because I set up the heating system wrong.

but do you have adequate eel

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

BearsBearsBears posted:

You can starve a city down to Pop 1, (sell all the improvements), and then build a Colony Pod in order to abandon it. This doesn't count as an atrocity. It turns out if you spread out your ethnic cleansing over enough time people don't regard it as an atrocity even if the end result is the same. In Alpha Centauri.

I'll be doing more SMAC but this time with the Thinker mod in order to improve the AI and as Deidre. I'll be posting significantly fewer pictures and updates but I'll probably still do a few. Previously I was doing full size screenshots with the [img ] tag. Should I use the [timg ] tag in the future? This makes the pictures smaller but for some reason when you click them it doesn't expand to full size but instead to a medium size, you have to open the picture in a new tab in order to get the full size view and be able to actually read anything.

Please enjoy this picture of what the original 7 faction leaders looked like when they were younger. The actual pictures were taken from the diplomacy screen in the game.

no, timg sucks for let's play posting

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Mandoric posted:

But also the models just don't work. [...] Police patrol on a realistic level at realistic speeds, which can gently caress traffic that's supposed to be scaled down to match the time compression; however, they will happily drive directly by crimes in progress, which are only handled by a separate dispatch.

seems like a workng model to me

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

civ 4 is good but very much outshined by fall from heaven

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Danann posted:

The F-35 is the burger supercombatant.

oh are f-35s gibbering insane gods summoned from their slumber in the underworld? would explain a lot tbh

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

i would recommend it for anyone who gets the itch to colonize

wow. Do Better

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

drat that's almost as bad as the ck2 bug where every greek noble was evaluating everyone in their court to consider whether to castrate them or not every month

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

So I just bought (and financed) a very basic but top of the line gaming laptop. I used to be big on games, but I have really fallen off in the last decade or so. What should I try?

I like EU II, The Rise & Rule of Ancient Empires, Europa 1400, Caesar III, Civ V, and King of Dragon Pass

I hate hate hate Civ VI because of how cartoonish it is. I'm one of those.

What sort of new games should I try?

if you like caesar/pharaoh/stronghold/etc. check out against the storm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lin-Manuel Turtle posted:

Yesterday, I announced that, as Sovereign, I’ll establish a healing potion subsidy for temple of Agrela initiates who slay at least three minotaurs near a Gnome Hovel.