Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Nebulous is a lot of fun. I think it's supposed to be naval combat but in space. The guy making it is apparently a USN guy or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Games like the Civs, Total War, and new XCom all haven't figured out that they're not great vehicles for really in-depth anything yet keep bolting on more boring bullshit. There's nothing wrong with being a beer and pretzels strategy game done well.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Has anyone played this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1096930/Strategic_Command_World_War_I/

Is it any good? I've not played any of the titles in the series but I've been on the lookout for a WW1 game in this style.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Is that the game that no one liked and Johan took it personally and won't make any more games himself now?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

How do I not make Chile fall apart in a decade.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Why are you falling apart? Most countries don't do that unless you actively make the wrong choices.

The easy way out is to join the British customs union. They usually have a stable market that you can carve out a niche in

Nevermind I just got into a customs union with GB and that seems to have stabilized basic consumer goods prices.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Iran/Egypt/Sikhs are all cool.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Why isn't that new cold war game on steam?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Where's that V3 reddit post that was ranting about how terrible land owners were and how they wish they'd all gently caress off so the poster could make the country better?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I like this Regiments game.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I want that southern storm game on Steam.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

It looks great, though I wish he remasters the Seven Years War game like this or moves to Napoleonics tbh. The ACW was dull as dishwater, only one regiment of Lancers.

Why do you hate the military geniuses Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson??

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

There's an Ultimate Admirals game with sailing ships.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Is Pharoah remake actually any good? All I see are complaints. It's one of my favorite games and the very first demo I ever downloaded.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Thanks all. I kinda thought gamers were just being whiny fucks but wasn't entirely sure.

Man I still remember building that loving mastaba over and over and over again in the demo.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I only played coh multiplayer with friends and it's the one game besides league of legends that made everyone want to punch walls.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the true coh strategy was to let it’s poo poo pathing direct retreating squads of infantry to underneath hostile tank treads

We used the pionier bullshit where if you set up tank traps and put one point of HP into them they act as fully constructed to trap a Brit player's HQ truck in the first minute of a match and made them rage quit.

The game was dumb

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Didn’t DAK deport the French Jews living in North Africa?

Apparently so The Holocaust and North Africa

The Holocaust is usually understood as a European story. Yet, this pivotal episode unfolded across North Africa and reverberated through politics, literature, memoir, and memory—Muslim as well as Jewish—in the post-war years. The Holocaust and North Africa offers the first English-language study of the unfolding events in North Africa, pushing at the boundaries of Holocaust Studies and North African Studies, and suggesting, powerfully, that neither is complete without the other.

The essays in this volume reconstruct the implementation of race laws and forced labor across the Maghreb during World War II and consider the Holocaust as a North African local affair, which took diverse form from town to town and city to city. They explore how the Holocaust ruptured Muslim–Jewish relations, setting the stage for an entirely new post-war reality. Commentaries by leading scholars of Holocaust history complete the picture, reflecting on why the history of the Holocaust and North Africa has been so widely ignored—and what we have to gain by understanding it in all its nuances.

Yeah but did you hear about that one story with Rommel telling a South African officer to stop being racist???

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

COH games are basically RTS games for people that never played Close Combat and Relic has never been good at making games. They're good at art.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I bounced off COH2 hard. 3 is more 1?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I first got access to a KV-1 and at the very beginning of the first mission I got to use it its engine froze at its starting location.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Also the KV-2 is the hero of Moscow and single-handedly stopped the Germans.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Pharaoh got us a minimap in today's patch. Glad I bought it tbh--only at Men-nefer but it's def fun.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

RBS/UBS and a hundred hedge funds.

Also loling at super Danbury.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

You'd still need signals for capacity.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Regiments had an update that added some new regiments, including Poles.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1109680/view/6870846092116562561?l=english

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

I like it, though it has a long way to go. Plenty of Polish and DDR stuff still absent. So far I prefer it over WARNO.

The next DLC is supposed to have a full Polish and UK roster iirc. But yeah, it's a good game. I like how it's all about positioning, suppression, and force concentration.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Wait there's gonna be a game for the cross bronx??

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

It's even better. A lot of the devs are very proud and call it "Paradox's first materialist game".

The reddit complaints about landlords have also reached the C-levels of the company, and the executive class is having a witch hunt for communists because they're convinced there's a cabal of communists using Paradox to spread evil communist propaganda.

It is just genuinely stunning to me how completely and utterly they missed the point of colonialism. If you play as Indian minor, you end up only focusing on high end goods because that brings the most revenue and there is nothing stopping you, and you become the UK's main manufacturer of weapons\locomotives\etc, while it's the UK that ships raw resources to you.

Wait is this real because the reddit posts about hating landlords were fantastic.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

This is a good book.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I realized after playing over a decade of TW releases since Medieval II that I don't actually like any of the TW games since. They keep ramming so much poo poo into the games, but the whole point of the TW strategy layer is to set up context to ram army mans into each other.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

I swear hardly anyone has heard of it but King Arthur: The Roleplaying Wargame was a far superior Total Warhammer, and it predated it by like a decade.

Genuinely it was great.

Man I remember that. Forgot where I bought it though.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

People hate everything about every TW game. The community actually sucks so loving much.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

TWCenter is one of the worst places on the internet.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

What's the thing on their chest?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

found it. they're loving flashlights. one looks like an orilux torch. there were a bunch that looked like that though.

google really refuses to give non-shopping results so it keeps bumping up etsy and other bullshit. god drat it

Yeah this is the problem I had too. Google was useless bullshit.

But TY everyone, flashlights.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I really hope the new bronze age total war doesn't make you manage agents and family trees and poo poo.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Still waiting on the Medieval one to drop it looks great

What's it called?

So is the WW1 game worth a buy?

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

i havent played stellaris in like 18 months, is it still fun or did they reimagine the game again and make it stupid

It was never fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

That's the only Strategic Command game I have but I didn't pick up any of the DLCs.