Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

:eyepop: wow racism much

It's honestly hard to say whether Biden was more, less, or the same amount of racist in 1988 vs 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Jack is a slur

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I didn't vote for biden but I should have seeing as he was very clearly the accelerationist choice

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Fly Molo posted:

exactly. less real-world harm than voting biden but far more humiliating

Seriously the most cucked thing it is possible to do with your vote.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I didn't vote for biden but I should have seeing as he was very clearly the accelerationist choice

nah never vote for a rapist, it’s the one thing they can’t take without your consent

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
i did and probably will again

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the white hand posted:

is dumb SOB not a slur? I mean I know what you're waiting for. We're all waiting for it

hes a billion year old segragationist, he should be giving us some real antiquated slurs weekly

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

oh Joe biden? no, I voted for Hunter

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i considered making a joke vote but then decided to not vote at all.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I want him to call someone a slur, but other than that he met expectations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKsL519do3s

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I can't admit that because I didn't and never will. :boom:

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
i voted for biden. i looked at him and trump and decided i’d rather have biden as president so i voted for him. i suspect my vote didn’t make a huge difference either way

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
my main reason for wanting biden was that i thought succ libs could hold the gate on progressive social issues, benefitting me as a middle class queer person. instead, the complete and demonstrable inability to muster the machinery of liberal democracy has advanced the dialectic towards fascism. so that’s a bummer :/

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I voted for the PSL candidate; gloria something i dont remember, and had my ballot challenged.

I mailed back an attestation but i found it pretty sus the first time i ever filled in a non dem bubble i got a challenge lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Riot Bimbo posted:

I voted for the PSL candidate; gloria something i dont remember, and had my ballot challenged.

I mailed back an attestation but i found it pretty sus the first time i ever filled in a non dem bubble i got a challenge lol

I voted for La Riva too

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
I voted for Biden.

I abstained in '16, first (and only) time in my adult life.

For the record, I voted for Bush in 2000, badnarik is 2004, was going to vote Dr. No in the 2008 gop primaries, but instead registered dem and voted against hilary in the primaries (I had fallen for the vast right wing conspiracy's hilary hate machine, probably because she hated on vidja games and is also loathsome). I voted enthusiastically for Obama in Nov '08, and again in '12.

I voted Biden last November.

In Indiana.

gently caress Trump, and gently caress accelerationism.

E: I guess, to be more nuanced... I am an anarchist (I don't believe in Legitimacy, such that one has a moral duty to obey, and I believe good governance can be achieved through cooperation alone - Cops suck, etc), and I was at Standing Rock in the months surrounding the 16 election.

I was disillusioned and disaffected. I was convinced we were poisoning the planet beyond repair, that human extinction is likely to quickly follow, and that we must immediately restructure civilization itself a decade ago if we want to a oid extinction in coming decades.

Real doom-pilled, yknow?

Mueller mentions at some point that the other IRA spent significant resources doom-pilling 4chan in the years leading to that election.

Anyhow, I felt like an accelerationist approach might be the best path for humanity.

And didn't believe in electoralism. See, I was a huge Bernie guy. Right on the border of Indiana and Michigan. Yall know that story.

Anyhow, hope is gone. All is lost. gently caress fascism.

Uglycat has issued a correction as of 19:58 on Jul 16, 2022

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Uglycat posted:

I voted for Biden.

For the record, I voted for Bush in 2000, badnarik is 2004, was going to vote Dr. No in the 2008 gop primaries, but instead registered dem and voted against hilary in the primaries (I had fallen for the vast right wing conspiracy's hilary hate machine, probably because she hated on vidja games and is also loathsome). I voted enthusiastically for Obama in Nov '08, and again in '12.

In Indiana.

Weren’t you the guy who was all in on Mayo Pete last cycle?

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Weren’t you the guy who was all in on Mayo Pete last cycle?

The very same.

I'll vote for him. He's way better that the lovely options we've been given.

He won't fix things tho. Excellerated incrementalism with systems thinking is cloud cookuland.

gently caress fascism

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->
We can hate the federal apparatus all we want, but nonparticipation clearly allows the fascist to take the reigns.

That apparatus must not be afforded to the fascist machine. Don't let them have control.

So if you wanna not vote, then MARCH on the machine to dismantle it brick by brick (rather than allow child separations at the border, for example) that's a viable plan. I love direct actions. I wanna know the strategic advantage before I drill holes in a pipeline.

I did March with the blac block in DC on j20.

I saw, coming back from standing rock, that the federal machine had fallen into the hands of fascists. I was hoping yall would be there and we would tear it down together.

I stayed another day to photograph the pussy hats

E: lol I discovered last night I have 33 mutual fb friends with Tim pool.
Had no idea who that rear end in a top hat was until the house committee included him in amontages.

I was occupying south bend. And voting in mayor pete. And fuckin' around with d&d and #chanology. And working as staff at Notre Dame, while they files suit against the Obama administration because they did not want birth control to be provided to my female coworkers.

Uglycat has issued a correction as of 20:19 on Jul 16, 2022

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Syq!

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Lmao

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Uglycat posted:

We can hate the federal apparatus all we want, but nonparticipation clearly allows the fascist to take the reigns.

That apparatus must not be afforded to the fascist machine. Don't let them have control.

So if you wanna not vote, then MARCH on the machine to dismantle it brick by brick (rather than allow child separations at the border, for example) that's a viable plan. I love direct actions. I wanna know the strategic advantage before I drill holes in a pipeline.

I did March with the blac block in DC on j20.

I saw, coming back from standing rock, that the federal machine had fallen into the hands of fascists. I was hoping yall would be there and we would tear it down together.

I stayed another day to photograph the pussy hats

E: lol I discovered last night I have 33 mutual fb friends with Tim pool.

Had no idea who that rear end in a top hat was. I was occupying south bend. And voting in mayor pete.

Jfc anarchists are the dumbest poo poo

I did like the post in another thread that people who self identify as accelerationists are universally weirdos but also to be politically aware in this time and place is to be an accelerationist in the same way observation of the physical world makes one a believer in gravity. It’s happening and it’s unstoppable whether you like it or not

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

What is... black block?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

NeatHeteroDude posted:

What is... black block?

Anarchists

If you’ve ever been to a big protest they’re to folks who dress all black and zip around through the crowd and smash windows and such. Nothing against them and it looks like fun but they think they’re accomplishing something which they’re not

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Of course I voted for the candidate that Michael Avenatti endorsed.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Anarchists

If you’ve ever been to a big protest they’re to folks who dress all black and zip around through the crowd and smash windows and such. Nothing against them and it looks like fun but they think they’re accomplishing something which they’re not

Eh that sounds like a lovely thing to do. Not sure what breaking windows contributes but I'm also not sure why you'd call yourself black block in the first place. I think I heard the word "chaos tourists" back then and it sounds like it applies to these guys.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Eh that sounds like a lovely thing to do. Not sure what breaking windows contributes but I'm also not sure why you'd call yourself black block in the first place. I think I heard the word "chaos tourists" back then and it sounds like it applies to these guys.

It doesn’t really accomplish anything but also I’m not going to spend an ounce of my energy worrying about people smashing a chase bank or Starbucks window :shrug:

I went down to Lownsdale Square one night back when everything was popping off back in summer 2020 and a bunch of black block were tossing old bbq grills over the wall around the federal building and then it got set on fire and the propane tanks were popping off like crazy. It was pretty wild but again accomplished all of nothing at all

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It doesn’t really accomplish anything but also I’m not going to spend an ounce of my energy worrying about people smashing a chase bank or Starbucks window :shrug:

I went down to Lownsdale Square one night back when everything was popping off back in summer 2020 and a bunch of black block were tossing old bbq grills over the wall around the federal building and then it got set on fire and the propane tanks were popping off like crazy. It was pretty wild but again accomplished all of nothing at all

I guess if they're only messing up buildings owned by large corporations, that's not as bad. You're right that it seems basically totally useless, though. I guess the damage gets fixed and people say, "well, that poo poo sucked. I wish they hadn't broken the window." And everyone moves on. Does the bloc do anything else?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It's amazing how easily that stuff can just...never get mentioned. My sister was an anarch for a bit and often times things they would do at an otherwise peaceful protest would just never show up in the news. This of course means whoever was there can just blame it on the Dems rioting and blowing up their own city since there's no clear messaging involved with most anarchist activity and it can be twisted however anyone wants

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Anyway I voted for Howie and I live in a solid blue state. Maybe get a few Dems sweating because 3,000 people voted for the greens this cycle instead of 500 and changing tact. Really the best I can do in this system by voting imo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

my friends who do labor stuff tell me democrats are better because of NLRB appointments. whether it's because the democrats are "good" (whatever that means) or just oblivious, they're not as bad because the republicans will appoint people outright hostile to labor who will actively try to gently caress with union organizers in lots of petty ways

as someone engaged with my union I do not believe this at all. Dem appointments are also hostile to labor and gently caress with unions in lots of petty ways. the GOP might accidentally appoint someone too incompetent to stymie unions over an important point, whereas the Dems would never make that type of mistake

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Uglycat posted:

E: I guess, to be more nuanced... I am an anarchist

lmao typical Biden voter

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Jfc anarchists are the dumbest poo poo

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Joe Biden is the best president, possibly ever, for his work in dismantling the American empire.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

The Black Bloc is a Euro thing that's just crudely aped by Americans from what I can tell. Better organised and working and appearing generally as a unified group. It's designed to combat police violence. It's a bloc because it's often a combination of groups/ideologies.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
howie. easy.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Uglycat posted:

I voted for Biden.

In Indiana.

E: I guess, to be more nuanced... I am an anarchist (I don't believe in Legitimacy, such that one has a moral duty to obey, and I believe good governance can be achieved through cooperation alone - Cops suck, etc), and I was at Standing Rock in the months surrounding the 16 election.

I was disillusioned and disaffected. I was convinced we were poisoning the planet beyond repair, that human extinction is likely to quickly follow, and that we must immediately restructure civilization itself a decade ago if we want to a oid extinction in coming decades.

Real doom-pilled, yknow?

Mueller mentions at some point that the other IRA spent significant resources doom-pilling 4chan in the years leading to that election.

Anyhow, I felt like an accelerationist approach might be the best path for humanity.

And didn't believe in electoralism. See, I was a huge Bernie guy. Right on the border of Indiana and Michigan. Yall know that story.

Anyhow, hope is gone. All is lost. gently caress fascism.

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i voted for george w bush because im an anarchist too, op. lol.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I've voted republican for 20 years as an act of propaganda of the deed

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Weka posted:

Joe Biden is the best president, possibly ever, for his work in dismantling the American empire.

The Black Bloc is a Euro thing that's just crudely aped by Americans from what I can tell. Better organised and working and appearing generally as a unified group. It's designed to combat police violence. It's a bloc because it's often a combination of groups/ideologies.

I still think fondly about when the American alt right was really feeling themselves in 2017 and went to some G12 summit to fight the legit Black Blog

One day talking poo poo, the next day filming videos of them crying and leaving Europe asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i didnt lol