Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
repair things and then smash them with a hammer to destroy them more completely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i got a concept 2 rowing machine. i kinda love it and have been using it every day. i usually loving haaaate cardio

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
develop the bedrock of all truly grounded ontologies by formally interrogating Dasein

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

make it your life obsession to find and possess the cursed wu tang album that was once owned by martin shkreli. surely it is a powerful relic

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
run and be elected for local government

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

learn to stitch and sew and make little costumes for your cats

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Go to your nearest gas station or liquor store and just exist for a bit wherever they let you. Buy some scratch tickets if you feel a need to pay Jay and silent bob rent.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

masturbation

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
animal husbandry

An cruiscin lan
Mar 4, 2020

Cat Face Joe posted:

how about anime?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

going to get really into alcohol i think

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

KidDynamite posted:

👀

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

you should try hacking the mainframe.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

make cool things like the xargs.org guy

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
they have a hobby for people like you op and its called warhammer. im sorry

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

have you considered getting into retro electronics as an expert and just kind of ruining them? slathering retrobrite on things, stripping screws, snapping plastic. it can be pretty satisfying.

carrying an assault rifle into a subway is optional

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
uh... vintage typewriter restoration

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
scissor sharpening

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

DuckConference posted:

carrying an assault rifle into a subway is optional

afaict that was just a body kit on a ruger 10/22 rifle anyway, that "assault rifle" was a backyard plinker with a BX25 magazine to try and look tough lol

all ready to uh, hunt varmints like rats and squirrels

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
make a tunnel

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

start a retro gaming youtube channel and never talk about anything except really popular nes games

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
take lsd and try to make telepathic contact with aliens

handle
Jan 20, 2011

i like lockpicking and lock collecting. there are plenty of preppers and operators in the hobby though, so ymmv.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Perplx posted:

make a tunnel

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Perplx posted:

make a tunnel

oh yeah this is good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i already started digging, i will see you in a couple of years echi

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:dafuq:

at least i think thats how it works

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Just move to Mars and use one of the lava tubes instead of digging a tunnel

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

:dafuq:

at least i think thats how it works

it actually does

see ya soon buckeroo

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
form a maoist cell

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

KidDynamite posted:

this is probably the asnwer

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Perplx posted:

make a tunnel

*whistles dadishly* she's a real beaut pal, how long'd this take you?

*patting the wall* loam, right? Niiice. more of a clay man myself... but I love a good loam tube every now n then

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
how about a sport

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
repair and operate old minicomputers

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

post on a niche web forum from the early 2000s

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I am open to suggestions and thoughts.

OP when my roommate got covid and I had to quarantine in the basement, I got really into the idea of aluminum sandcasting because of these books I found by a David Gingery.

It turns out you can pack sloppy wet sand around a form of some sort, crack it in half, and then pour aluminum from melted beer cans into the mold. The book series takes you through building a fully functioning metal lathe from beer cans and sand.

In the two weeks while everyone was sick I built the charcoal kiln for melting aluminum and a pair of metal tongs for lifting a crucible (that i bought online) out and pouring into muffin tins.

For two months I have scavenged every beverage can in sight to add to my hoard. The next non-rainy day, I am going to try to fire the kiln and melt them.

Hope this helps.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Scud Hansen posted:

OP when my roommate got covid and I had to quarantine in the basement, I got really into the idea of aluminum sandcasting because of these books I found by a David Gingery.

It turns out you can pack sloppy wet sand around a form of some sort, crack it in half, and then pour aluminum from melted beer cans into the mold. The book series takes you through building a fully functioning metal lathe from beer cans and sand.

In the two weeks while everyone was sick I built the charcoal kiln for melting aluminum and a pair of metal tongs for lifting a crucible (that i bought online) out and pouring into muffin tins.

For two months I have scavenged every beverage can in sight to add to my hoard. The next non-rainy day, I am going to try to fire the kiln and melt them.

Hope this helps.

thats badass, the gingery books are sweet as hell

ps: dont melt cans, find someone selling some lovely, banged up alloy wheels for $10 and melt those instead. beverage cans are like all paint and oxide and barely any aluminum.

edit: you can just cut em with a circular saw or bash em into smaller pieces using a sledge

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

rotor posted:

thats badass, the gingery books are sweet as hell

ps: dont melt cans, find someone selling some lovely, banged up alloy wheels for $10 and melt those instead. beverage cans are like all paint and oxide and barely any aluminum.

edit: you can just cut em with a circular saw or bash em into smaller pieces using a sledge

But I have so many cans : (

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

my homie dhall posted:

how about a sport

sports are great but team sports generally happen at a particular time and place and sometimes you just wanna do a thing whenever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Scud Hansen posted:

Hope this helps.

I was doing a bit, but this is really cool OP.