Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

my hobby is sniping but I'm thinking of going pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

does anyone want to buy a mineral? i'll sell them cheap

yeah lmk deets. minerals are cool, and it seems like every dad needs a large stone skull

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

so when do we get to see the cat armor

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
new hobby: sword

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what about two swords

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Roosevelt posted:

lol i got another package of this poo poo

i have the EMPEROR SKULL

size comparison. the rose quartz skull was the previous biggest

cool UV responsive dragon head

cat & shrooms

:smugmrgw: moss agate :smugmrgw:

i am KING ROCK of SKULL MOUNTAIN imposters gently caress off

does anyone want to buy a mineral? i'll sell them cheap

i'm interested, depending on how horrible it would be to ship to canada

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Achmed Jones posted:

yeah lmk deets. minerals are cool, and it seems like every dad needs a large stone skull

Improbable Lobster posted:

i'm interested, depending on how horrible it would be to ship to canada

nice. i think we're going to set up an etsy shop or smth to clear this out. i have no idea how to price these things out yet. if youre interested in a big skull/medium skull/tiny skull or any variety of towers, orbs, stars, moons, hearts, flames, trees, dragon eggs, etc. pm me and i'll send you some pics and make up a price

e: i also have a crystal buddha, a couple kitty cats, a bear, a green apple, and a lot of other random poo poo

Roosevelt fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 4, 2022

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

All the hobbies I picked up during the pandemic became more than that and are just how I live my life now

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

All the hobbies I picked up during the pandemic became more than that and are just how I live my life now

my pandemic hobbies have mostly been forsaken. an unused vr rig sits in my basement next to a couple thousand dollars in rc cars. the rc car track i built out back is now just a massive litterbox for the neighbor's cat

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

thinking about just collecting all the dogshit evangelical records i can find at the thrift store

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

thinking about just collecting all the dogshit evangelical records i can find at the thrift store

careful macklemore, you don't want to go broke

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when I was in the church I used to have a few hillsong cds, and there was this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_V8rQTzgDE

and at about 0:40s the bass drops, and I used to listen to it in my car because I had a sub, because I enjoyed the drop lol

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

echinopsis posted:

when I was in the church I used to have a few hillsong cds, and there was this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_V8rQTzgDE

and at about 0:40s the bass drops, and I used to listen to it in my car because I had a sub, because I enjoyed the drop lol

it's a banger tbh

edit: not joking either - I was a worship leader at church in my 20s and songs like that are lots of fun to sing. I would've used that one on a Sunday

aw frig aw dang it fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Sep 22, 2022

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tbh a lot of those songs are high quality, and I was in the band and played guitar and lol got good at chords

those songs are huge on the emo factor, being in a congregation and singing them alongside hundreds of others with a decent band is quite a vibe

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

counterpoint: seems embarrassing af tbh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol welcome to my life

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

thinking about picking up programming as a hobby again

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I fancy learning c++ or rust but I have no good reason to

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

echinopsis posted:

I fancy learning c++ or rust but I have no good reason to

You just posted one. In the same sentence.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

thinking about getting extremely depressed, as a hobby.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
been ice skating a lot recently. i don't know if I'd call it a hobby but it's been pretty fun.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

nice. I lie down a lot, it really helps pass the time.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

make the cat armor

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

got a promotion, thinking about getting into woodworking

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Truman Peyote posted:

thinking about getting into woodworking
Congrats!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

post hole digger posted:

thinking of ironically being depressed and making coworkers feel uncomfortable by joking about joining a doomsday cult

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cat Face Joe posted:

make the cat armor

dude i had a project all lined up. i bougth a tremote control car and a nerf gun so I could recreate the jfk assassination with my cats but theyre too frigidity

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

been thinking about learning piano for years and years, and might actually do it in the new year

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Dijkstracula posted:

been thinking about learning piano for years and years, and might actually do it in the new year

hell yeah get it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I’m going to build a zeppelin and crash it into the World Trade Center

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

thinking of ironically being depressed and making coworkers feel uncomfortable by joking about joining a doomsday cult

don’t join the doomsday cult, start the doomsday cult

watch “The Vow” to learn how!

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
just start wearing a weird-color sash around and call yourself Forefront or something like that and people will follow you

“Join Me” is also a good how-to manual

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
call yourself the frontend and tailor it towards tech bros and nerds. only you know the true intents of what lies beyond the veil

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dijkstracula posted:

when I got a synth, I never realised how much I’d love playing the keys. but also it’s a synth so I can nerd out on the dials but also play an instrument

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Dijkstracula posted:

its pretty easy, you just press the key for the note you want, its basically just noisy typing

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

eschaton posted:

don’t join the doomsday cult, start the doomsday cult

watch “The Vow” to learn how!

starting a doomsday cult in 2022 is like starting a 1 + 1 = 2 cult

it would be vastly more shocking and countercultural to start a 'never doomsday' cult, helping members out with long term goal planning and so on

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

rotor posted:

its basically just noisy typing

i already have a mechanical keyboard

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

chaosbreather posted:

starting a doomsday cult in 2022 is like starting a 1 + 1 = 2 cult

it would be vastly more shocking and countercultural to start a 'never doomsday' cult, helping members out with long term goal planning and so on
walking doing the street with a sign that says THE END IS FAR

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

watched a dude play pinball really well today, think i might get into that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

pinball is super fun