Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Modern meat shoe technology is really something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

FYI the Jurassic Park novel is far superior because John Hammond dies, as he deserves to.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
There is finally a feathered raptor - a Pyroraptor - that jumps into near freezing water and then zips around underwater like a super fast seal, lol what

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

super sweet best pal posted:

Lol

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

neato burrito posted:

FYI the Jurassic Park novel is far superior because John Hammond dies, as he deserves to.

Q: What was the velociraptor's favorite lunch?

A: A Hammond cheese sandwich.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

His actual death is pretty hilarious,

Later in the novel, Hammond is killed by a pack of Procompsognathus after falling down a hill and breaking his ankle, running from what he thought was the juvenile T. rex, but was really a recorded tyrannosaur roar over the park's P.A. system played by his grandchildren.

owned u old bitch

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i thought the original jurassic park was ok but it seemed pretty obvious even back then that any and all sequels would be absolute crap and i have seen none of them

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
How was the laser dot system with the killer raptors supposed to work? Don't the raptors have to see the dot? There are scenes where the raptors are clearly not looking at the dot but they still give chase. Who cares I guess?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I like when they introduce a little side villain who's built up like a big deal with her own trained raptors and then she totally disappears from the movie.

Then there's ANOTHER side villain that shows up right near the end, like he's the main bad guy's secret bodyguard or something, and he also just disappears.

And I really like how the main villain keeps asking for food bars and you think this is going to pay off but it never does, instead he dies in a really bizarre homage to the first movie that seems to suggest he's somehow aware of events in that first movie that nobody in the world could be. Which is fitting because he also has access to the shaving cream can that was buried in mud in a random spot on an island that was then abandoned and eventually destroyed by a volcano.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I am so sick and tired of all these Jurassic Worlds

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Earwicker posted:

i thought the original jurassic park was ok but it seemed pretty obvious even back then that any and all sequels would be absolute crap and i have seen none of them

It's funny how much poo poo the second movie got when it's a masterpiece compared to this godawful trilogy.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's funny how much poo poo the second movie got when it's a masterpiece compared to this godawful trilogy.

I like the story that spielberg's ad was super pumped to direct it and at the last minute he said yoink and did it himself.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I can believe brining dinosaurs back using dna harvested from blood inside ancient mosquitos trapped in amber and I can also believe scientists making a hybrid super t-rex that can turn itself invisible to sell to the army, but there is no way in hell you'd be able to drive a 1992 jeep wrangler after it's spent 21 years in storage by jury-rigging a different battery to it.

I mean there is just no way, come on man. I'm here for dinosaur science fiction not propaganda from the Fiat Chrysler corporation.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Especially that little rear end in a top hat too, give me a break

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
World was ok in a "turn your brain off and cram popcorn and soda down your gullet" kinda way but the rest are so dogshit that the food and drink turn to ash and sewage in your mouth

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I like how in the first movie every dinosaur (and non dinosaur) acted like a monster and not an animal. And also went the two 8 ton dinosaurs threw each other on the ground multiple times by the neck without being permanently crippled in the final fight.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Wasn’t there an instance in the latest movie where two characters outran a velociraptor on foot, but then later Chris Pratt jumps on a motorcycle going at top speed and could not outrun another (the same?) velociraptor?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

That raptor just ate at Arby's before chasing Pratt on foot, so it was feeling kind of logy. Once it had a sit down it was back to normal.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Oh, it was Pratt both times?

lol

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
what tf happened to laura dern in the half decade since twin peaks the return? she was smokin.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Does a dinosaur get kicked out a window by sick gymnastics in this one

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

SilvergunSuperman posted:

His actual death is pretty hilarious,

Later in the novel, Hammond is killed by a pack of Procompsognathus after falling down a hill and breaking his ankle, running from what he thought was the juvenile T. rex, but was really a recorded tyrannosaur roar over the park's P.A. system played by his grandchildren.

owned u old bitch

lmao ya

at first hes like 'gently caress off stupid tiny lizards'

they just start taking bites while he's still alive but incapacitated

the compy scene in the second movie is clearly inspired but much less horriffic

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

You Are A Elf posted:

Wasn’t there an instance in the latest movie where two characters outran a velociraptor on foot, but then later Chris Pratt jumps on a motorcycle going at top speed and could not outrun another (the same?) velociraptor?

Neither of those were velociraptors you MORON

you ABSOLUTE BUFFOON

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There are no velociraptors. They're all fake.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Second and third movies were kind of a pastiche of scenes taken from both books that didn't fit in elsewhere

They didn't really fit in those movies either but They Tried

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's amazing Crichton had such a successful career when his books break the cardinal rule of storytelling.

Fifth graders don’t care. I read jurassic park at that age and loved it.

Also read a few of his others and they couldn’t capture that magic. Think it was Congo, Sphere, and Terminal Man. All terrible even by 11 year old standards.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

ante posted:

Neither of those were velociraptors you MORON

you ABSOLUTE BUFFOON

I haven’t seen Dominion. I saw Fallen Kingdom and that was brutal punishment enough.

I just know about that scene from the Internet. I’m from the Internet, you see.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

“They do cum in herds…”

*dramatic music swells as the great dinosaur suck and gently caress begins*

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

…but hubristic shoe scientists do not understand its dangers or how to co-exist with the footwear they have created. The mathematics of chaos theory predicts that life will find a way (to make shoes uncomfortable).

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
are you telling me the dinosaurs got loose AGAIN?

OH MY GOD

i am sprinting to the theater right now, i cant believe this

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Dial A For Awesome posted:

…but hubristic shoe scientists do not understand its dangers or how to co-exist with the footwear they have created. The mathematics of chaos theory predicts that life will find a way (to give that meat feet smell).

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Needed more Dinosaurs wrecking poo poo up like they did in down town LA.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Translation: Remember when gas was only $1.15? LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
NGL the scene at the dino sea world where the big swimmy dinosaur jumps out and eats the shark gave me chills. I wanna be eaten by a big swimasaur

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

interwhat posted:

NGL the scene at the dino sea world where the big swimmy dinosaur jumps out and eats the shark gave me chills. I wanna be eaten by a big swimasaur

They weren't actually that big. Also NOT a dinosaur.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I want to see a moving character piece about an old person and their pet dino that gets stolen by local genetic engineers.

Pig, but with a small ceratopsian.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

goatface posted:

I want to see a moving character piece about an old person and their pet dino that gets stolen by local genetic engineers.

Pig, but with a small ceratopsian.

Seeing-eye raptor

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I heard they finally put some god damned Dimetrodons up in this bitch. Were they given the respect they deserved???

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Does a dinosaur finally get shot in this series

Ever since 3 I've wanted to see one of the huge, hyped-up antagonist dinos eat a recoiless round as soon as it shows up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I heard they finally put some god damned Dimetrodons up in this bitch. Were they given the respect they deserved???

Yeah and they're not even dinosaurs this is BULLSHIT