Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I heard they finally put some god damned Dimetrodons up in this bitch. Were they given the respect they deserved???

Sad to say there are extended scenes where T rex and Velociraptor make fun of Dimetrodon until it cries and walks off a cliff, and Alan Grant says that they were well known to be, quote "big nerds that poop they are pants and smell". I don't know if that's scientifically accurate although i recall Bakker wrote something like that in his book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
I know this is surely a trope but...

Large, scary predator kills an animal the size of a deer. (Like for example a deer.)

Human is nearby and makes a noise. Predator now completely ignores their kill and goes after much smaller human.

This happens in Dominion after a Therizinosaurus yeets a deer (killing it) then immediately ignores it and goes after Ron Howard's daughter.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I know there's a book but like, if you haven't read it then it's one great film and done. We don't need the deep lore of the Jurassic Park extended universe. Hell I can't even remember Jeff Goldblum's character name, clearly he stars as himself.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Bogus Adventure posted:

I am so sick and tired of all these Jurassic Worlds

Well in chaos theory it says that Hollywood tax evasion, uh finds a way

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Strategic Tea posted:

Well in chaos theory it says that Hollywood tax evasion, uh finds a way

These movies have to be like the hollywood version of pizza store mob fronts. All the jurassic worlds have been unwatchable/unmemorable and i eat up poo poo like asylum movies, how do you get an action movie with dinosaurs come out so bad with a half billion dollar budget

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't matter, kids love dinosaurs and they're easily sold worldwide.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
If I thought Jurassic world 1 was joyless and poo poo, but jw2 was fun and silly, would I like jw3?

Help me internet

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
They have a dinosaur fight club if that helps with the silly factor.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

mudskipp posted:

If I thought Jurassic world 1 was joyless and poo poo, but jw2 was fun and silly, would I like jw3?

Help me internet

There's a helluva lot of dino on dino suckin and fuckin action in this one, that's all i can say

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

mudskipp posted:

Help me internet

The whole stealth observation pods ruined 2 for me.

jw1 > Jw3 > jw2 so youd like 3 probably

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Bula Vinaka posted:

I know this is surely a trope but...

Large, scary predator kills an animal the size of a deer. (Like for example a deer.)

Human is nearby and makes a noise. Predator now completely ignores their kill and goes after much smaller human.

This happens in Dominion after a Therizinosaurus yeets a deer (killing it) then immediately ignores it and goes after Ron Howard's daughter.

Therizinosaurus is probably a herbivore, which they got across in the movie, it was just a dick

Edit: I honestly found JW2 to be unwatchable garbage instead of enjoyable dumb monster movie, so yeah, you'll like this, it's better in every way than the last one

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mudskipp posted:

Help me internet

2 was loving godawful how'd you think it was fun and silly.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Disappointed we didn't get anything like the erliansaurus

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
didn't think the second half of the movie would be a graphic sex scene between Chris Pratt and a T rex but still liked it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's just a hosed-up looking anteater.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ante posted:

Disappointed we didn't get anything like the erliansaurus

There's a therizinosaur in this one.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

runnypoops posted:

didn't think the second half of the movie would be a graphic sex scene between Chris Pratt and a T rex but still liked it

I preferred the scene where he is getting tag teamed by two raptors (while a third watches), but it’s definitely a personal choice

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Groovelord Neato posted:

2 was loving godawful how'd you think it was fun and silly.

It's got a volcano, a dinosaur weapons dealer auction, English baddies and a friendly dinosaur.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

what am I supposed to be seeing?

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

you broke my grill posted:

master cinematography and editing (i think)

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

is it cool to be angry about and hate movies

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you broke my grill posted:

They're in the middle of the frame of that establishing shot but it took me several rewatches to pick them out. You usually don't have a bunch of poo poo in the foreground coming across the camera so it's tough to make out what you're establishing.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They should make a sequel where T. Rex becomes a (girl?) president

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
#dinosaurgirlboss

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Gentle Autist posted:

is it cool to be angry about and hate movies

Unironically this

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It's quite likely the most uncool thing to do, worry about whether something is cool or not.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Groovelord Neato posted:

They're in the middle of the frame of that establishing shot but it took me several rewatches to pick them out. You usually don't have a bunch of poo poo in the foreground coming across the camera so it's tough to make out what you're establishing.

They're establishing they're in a crowded public area? :confused:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
When you see an establishing shot of the Golden Gate Bridge do you also wonder why the camera is so far away that you can't see the characters? I truly don't understand the criticism

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Every time there isn't a dinosaur on screen everyone should be asking "where are the dinosaurs???"

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I haven't seen Jurassic world but after watching fallen kingdom I don't want to see it or the third one. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Is JurASSic World the one where the big booty latina gets chased by a lesbian-loving T-Rex on a hoverboard and then hosed?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

GetDunked posted:

I haven't seen Jurassic world but after watching fallen kingdom I don't want to see it or the third one. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it

I’ll spoil this for safe measure (even though I worded it vaguely enough) about Jurassic World. Read on if you don’t care about spoilers:

Jurassic World had a horrifically drawn-out death that was totally unnecessary for someone undeserving of it. I get that the filmmakers were going for an “all bets are off and anyone can die by dinosaur” universe in World, but it seemed targeted to me because it was the first woman to die in the JP franchise.

It also occurs during a rampant dinosaur attack, and while other people are shown being attacked in the background, it’s minor, no one else seems to die during this attack, and the focus is on the 2 minute death of the character.

It was an uncomfortable thing to watch, and I’ve only watched JW once for that particular death, and because it just wasn’t a very good movie. Then I saw Fallen Kingdom and realized the World sequel franchise was gonna be hot and messy rear end diarrhea and I refuse to watch Dominion. I value the few remaining working cells and neurons I have left in my brain.

So yeah, you did good on not seeking out the other two World movies.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

what if you were bitten by a dinosaur then turned into a dinosaur

Welcome to Jurassic World: Evolution

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

They should have made a movie about advanced dinosaur civilization making a human park and then paying for their hubris when they rampage out

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You Are A Elf posted:

I’ll spoil this for safe measure (even though I worded it vaguely enough) about Jurassic World. Read on if you don’t care about spoilers:

Jurassic World had a horrifically drawn-out death that was totally unnecessary for someone undeserving of it. I get that the filmmakers were going for an “all bets are off and anyone can die by dinosaur” universe in World, but it seemed targeted to me because it was the first woman to die in the JP franchise.

It also occurs during a rampant dinosaur attack, and while other people are shown being attacked in the background, it’s minor, no one else seems to die during this attack, and the focus is on the 2 minute death of the character.

It was an uncomfortable thing to watch, and I’ve only watched JW once for that particular death, and because it just wasn’t a very good movie. Then I saw Fallen Kingdom and realized the World sequel franchise was gonna be hot and messy rear end diarrhea and I refuse to watch Dominion. I value the few remaining working cells and neurons I have left in my brain.

So yeah, you did good on not seeking out the other two World movies.

I don't remember that death at all

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Same. Are you sure this isn't some repressed trauma where you saw someone killed by a dinosaur irl?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I can sympathize. I was pretty shaken when I saw that lawyer get eaten while using the can. Now I can't sit on the toilet without fear of a T Rex bursting in on me.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I will not see this movie until BDH's dump truck is restored to its original specifications

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
He's talking about when the lady gets hosed around with by pterasaurs before being eaten by the Ichthyosaur

It's 45 seconds tops including 20 seconds of kid reaction shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

FWIW, there were these trading cards when I was a kid called Dinosaurs Attack! that featured graphic and gross out situations similar to Garbage Pail Kids. I noped out of collecting those when I came across a card of a dog getting stomped to death while it yelped out in pain :(

bossy lady posted:

I will not see this movie until BDH's dump truck is restored to its original specifications

:captainpop:

Looks like they slimmed her entire body.