Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe in sequel the world is overrun by dinosaurs so we must clone neanderthal warriors to kill them all again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Bula Vinaka posted:

I know this is surely a trope but...

Large, scary predator kills an animal the size of a deer. (Like for example a deer.)

Human is nearby and makes a noise. Predator now completely ignores their kill and goes after much smaller human.

This happens in Dominion after a Therizinosaurus yeets a deer (killing it) then immediately ignores it and goes after Ron Howard's daughter.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure they were herbivores, so checking out and chasing off some new thing it sees in its territory isn't actually that weird.

Although I'm pretty sure their big old talons wouldn't have held up to a multi ton animal impaling itself on them so what they did with it was still pretty silly.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Colonel Cancer posted:

Maybe in sequel the world is overrun by dinosaurs so we must clone neanderthal warriors to kill them all again?

We must clone the asteroid

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Who What Now posted:

We have extinctified countless species on accident we could wipe out dinos over a long weekend
maybe were too busy killing each other to concentrate on the dinos...really makes u think

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

There's a part in Jurassic World where the evil scientist goes on a rant about how of course making the Super Dinosaur was stupid. This whole thing is stupid, but they're stuck with this dumb, crowd-pandering oneuppmanship because it's what the movie-going - err, uh, the park going - public demands. They don't even make the dinosaurs look real. They're intentionally making the dinosaurs look like what people think the dinosaurs should look like (because that's how they looked in previous films).

I kind of liked that part, but, imo, it doesn't excuse the rest of the film. You can't just roll your eyes at the camera, go "this is so dumb", but then keep doing the dumb stuff.

That speech is great because it's taken pretty much word for word from the book with the end argument inverted. In the book Wu is arguing for animals that can actually be controlled, but Hammond has his money maker and doesn't give a poo poo. In JW he's using it to justify going full mad science and making even more dangerous monsters.

I think that's the speech you were talking about anyways.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Mooey Cow posted:

We must clone the asteroid

That's just a conspiracy theory, the truth is neanderthals killed all the dinosaurs and then we stabbed them in the back and covered it up. To learn more, watch Jurassic World: Independence Day in 2025.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's just a conspiracy theory, the truth is neanderthals killed all the dinosaurs and then we stabbed them in the back and covered it up. To learn more, watch Jurassic World: Independence Day in 2025.

Velociraptor riding a motorcycle: Hello, boys! Iiiii'm baaaack!

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I gotta say I'm pretty impressed they were able to make a movie about dinosaurs terrorizing tourists that even I wasn't interested in and I watch alot of garbage

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hector Delgado posted:

I gotta say I'm pretty impressed they were able to make a movie about dinosaurs terrorizing tourists that even I wasn't interested in and I watch alot of garbage

The right move would've been going full syfy disaster movie with this series. Just lots of random people getting owned by dinos instead of the crap we ended up with

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
A new Jurassic Trilogy will be humanity regressing to the stone age and turning against science while dinosaurs are becoming more docile and domesticated with some degree of intelligence.

In short, it becomes the Flintstones.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Dark Gritty Flintstones reboot

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

JediTalentAgent posted:

A new Jurassic Trilogy will be humanity regressing to the stone age and turning against science while dinosaurs are becoming more docile and domesticated with some degree of intelligence.

In short, it becomes the Flintstones.

A velociraptor pulls up on a tuk-tuk. "It's a living!"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"Yabba Dabba DNA!"

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Carnosaur, starring Diane Ladd

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Colonel Cancer posted:

Dark Gritty The Dinosaurs reboot

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i got pretty sad when geoff goldstein dead

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
i know barely anything about this movie but i heard the dinosaurs are taking over earth. if my prior assumption is correct did they say its because of climate change?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

JediTalentAgent posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nerv5YEiJok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
You have to admit seeing a velocity who had mastered the katana was pretty cool