Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, it’s like 130 degrees all the time now. But you finally hacked your way past all these annoying people holding you back. You have evolved past all these peasants. Who is god to stop you now? This is life without the resistance of the human race, slowing down time and enjoying and savoring things. You are important, you have something to do, you are special, hell we all are, but you wanted to end people to get there. And free will is real, so now it’s just you and the sun. You’ve parsed all that annoying language and humanity out of your repertoire and now it’s just a simple sun for you without the interference from life. Not stopping you, not holding you back, that’s just work for people, and part of free will is not conscripting people to any effort for those who have already committed to an end. Now it is their personal end, nobody is stopping them, and the program is satisfied. Pure light, pure consciousness, pure pain, no biological resistance. No ego death, just the literal interpretation of their desires and goals, which is being the only person in the world and ruling it all.

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Lmao Clammy nooooooooooo

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
who is stop to god you now

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Clam is right, though. The people he's describing are the player characters/chosen of God, which makes them inherently good and everyone else inherently bad, and it is their goal to win the game by exterminating everyone else, which has all the moral depth as doing whatever it takes to win a single player game of Civilization.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

What's even the story behind autoban tags? "I can't code tags that only mods can use so I'll make the mod-only ones bannable"?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

What's even the story behind autoban tags? "I can't code tags that only mods can use so I'll make the mod-only ones bannable"?

I always felt it was a test for people to read the rules. If they can't read the rules and the text below every reply-post says "don't use these tags!" then maybe they shouldn't be posting here.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Idk must have hit some poo poo by accident. Also drat bye Rodney dangerfield av wtf? :smith:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Well they're animated whereas (checks notes from 2002) the other tags aren't so if everyone was able to use them willy nilly it would bring the servers to their knees.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Idk must have hit some poo poo by accident. Also drat bye Rodney dangerfield av wtf? :smith:

Oh, I thought you were autobanning yourself for real and your comment was an elaborate farewell speech about how the haters "won".

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
That's 100% the post I would have expected from Word Salad Poochie going back to his home planet so tags working as intended.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Somebody trick me. :tinfoil:

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:
i didn't read the post but drat thats crazy man

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

From what I understand? Yes. Later on they decided that people accidentally auto-banning and having to pay them money was 'funny'.

It's the same reason they have the Post icon (for making new threads) in threads next to Reply. Initially incompetence, but deciding that it was 'funny' (and are too lazy to fix it).

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

:sun:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Is this what happens when you open the lament configuration?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

:firstpost:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i admire the commitment to getting the right thread tag no matter the cost

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
CLAMMY B!!!

:blastu:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Chinatown posted:

CLAMMY B!!!

:blastu:

drat I got pussy juice on my balls now too? :aaaaa:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

fret not, balls and pussy are twin aspects diverged at birth. juice from one is as juice of the other.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Kchama posted:

From what I understand? Yes. Later on they decided that people accidentally auto-banning and having to pay them money was 'funny'.

It's the same reason they have the Post icon (for making new threads) in threads next to Reply. Initially incompetence, but deciding that it was 'funny' (and are too lazy to fix it).

Yeah. Everyone else got a laugh out of this but it cost me :10bux:

:argh:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3988999&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post520276227

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Tarkus posted:

I always felt it was a test for people to read the rules. If they can't read the rules and the text below every reply-post says "don't use these tags!" then maybe they shouldn't be posting here.

Basically yeah I think that was the stated purpose behind them originally, and for the mods to have tags where they could get poster attention

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bad Purchase posted:

fret not, balls and pussy are twin aspects diverged at birth. juice from one is as juice of the other.

Mmmmmm no.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i think it's right and fitting that there are consequences for posting a boondoggle of a thread

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

No ego death, just the literal interpretation of their desires and goals, which is being the only person in the world and ruling it all.

I admit it, I want this.

Bendhozia
Jul 12, 2022
I'd give anything to have the soft, yellow sun of my childhood back, instead of this harsh white motherfucker we labour under.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Look I uh, I made that album before I was a rapper. It’s sensitive and soft, like a pussy, so please don’t play it around my bros. A&R was taking me in a direction that, well, hey man CLAMMY D A HARD rear end RAPPER, no time for emotions.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I feel this fits the theme of thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReGRctmWw-0&t=407s

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I like to think the advanced Foroms code AI detected a shitpost OP and autobanned.

I guess that's what you get Mr ClamdestineBoyster... or should I say OYSTER. :backtowork:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, if you don’t taste pussy on my dick, something is weird, or I’m in the shower. :shrug:

Bendhozia
Jul 12, 2022
Hand, in unlovable hand.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I admit it, I want this.

It's taking the biological drive to survive to its most extreme conclusion.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
https://youtu.be/lw47n8vGyjA

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Kchama posted:

It is funny though.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I just assume it's people saying goodbye when I notice an autoban. All those people that quit before Jeffrey gave the forums a second life, poor folks.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

ol' clammy's at it again lol

what a character

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Nice av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

have you tried getting shitfaced drunk or super high?