Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Cuts suck. Especially if they're straight cuts. It's easier to stop the bleeding on a small jagged cut than a razor type cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Pennywise the Frown posted:

One thing I've heard about knife fights is..... one person dies there, the other dies in the hospital.

Not this time.

I'd rather not go in detail about the case but because there was no video evidence of the fight they just charged the guy who was less cut up and had a previous non-violent conviction :shrug:

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

I was on jury for attempted murder case and learning how bad cops hosed up investigation due to laziness was an experience lmao

:yeah: I was on the jury for a dwi case, the cops lost all of the evidence. The cop who lost it testified, he didn't seem remorseful or even embarrassed, like it was just another routine fuckup. A parking attendant was the state's most valuable witness, not sure they would have had a case without them

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TengenNewsEditor posted:

:yeah: I was on the jury for a dwi case, the cops lost all of the evidence. The cop who lost it testified, he didn't seem remorseful or even embarrassed, like it was just another routine fuckup. A parking attendant was the state's most valuable witness, not sure they would have had a case without them

did you convict?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:acab:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Just take the cop's badge, then you become the cop and you can arrest them.

E: I am a lawyer.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Skeleton Ape posted:

Yeah but that'll just turn you into another cop, you need to throw the badge and the cop into Mount Doom to be sure.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Skeleton Ape posted:

E: I am a lawyer.

yeah but then you have to go home and beat a woman. So like, do your job and throw that badge away immediately.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Colonel Cancer posted:

you need to throw the badge and the cop into Mount Doom to be sure.

Your City's Mayor posted:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Cops are pretty dumb so you can just ask to see their gun and they’ll give it to you to look at and now you have a gun.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I am so loving angry all the time

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
this thread took a dark turn lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

I know, right?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

They put me in gaol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Poohs Packin posted:

They put me in gaol

no offense, but I think you might be a stupid person

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

a valid question

I'm gonna chalk it up to the hero worship the filth have for veterans, also we're white as hell.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Yeah that was bound to happen in a thread called "Cops" lol.

Honestly I thought it would have happened on page one,.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

‘twas the lewis black standup what did the thread in

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bad Purchase posted:

‘twas the lewis black standup what did the thread in

oh god. Remember Lewis Black? He used to do jokes on Comedy Central. Is that still a thing? Comedy Central?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

no offense, but I think you might be a stupid person

:gbsmith:

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

cops stinks

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

TengenNewsEditor posted:

In a neighboring county a professor was having an affair with an under 18 student and there was plenty of evidence on him. Charges dismissed after the investigating detective also began having an affair with her.

Their sheriff was watching a dull trial for burglary or something from a courthouse security room and began zooming in on the defense attorney’s notes. Not to win the case as they already had overwhelming proof, he was just bored. The defense attorney noticed the camera moving and found out so the case was thrown out and the judge yelled at the sheriff. Same guy had a deputy run against him for sheriff and he nearly lost re-election as he was too lazy to send in a photo or campaign statement to the voter’s guide so lots of people thought he had given up. The deputy wasn’t much better, after he lost he went on a sore loser month of paid medical leave that they didn’t feel like investigating then quit.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hyrax Attack! posted:

In a neighboring county a professor was having an affair with an under 18 student and there was plenty of evidence on him. Charges dismissed after the investigating detective also began having an affair with her.

Their sheriff was watching a dull trial for burglary or something from a courthouse security room and began zooming in on the defense attorney’s notes. Not to win the case as they already had overwhelming proof, he was just bored. The defense attorney noticed the camera moving and found out so the case was thrown out and the judge yelled at the sheriff. Same guy had a deputy run against him for sheriff and he nearly lost re-election as he was too lazy to send in a photo or campaign statement to the voter’s guide so lots of people thought he had given up. The deputy wasn’t much better, after he lost he went on a sore loser month of paid medical leave that they didn’t feel like investigating then quit.

loving cops

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
cops dying makes my penis hard =]

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

cops dying makes my penis hard =]

weird thing to say, but, who am I to argue?

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
My last cop run-in, my partner (less white) and I (very white) had driven to radon springs and drove into the park entrance, past the $5 or $10 admissions thing. It was a little wooden box, I think. We didn't pay because we knew the park was closing in like 10 or 15 min, so we just parked, and walked around for 5 minutes at best. One of our first times seeing cactuses up close.

We were aware of the hours this so we drove back through the entrance, crossing the exit maybe 4 min after close , only to see some bored sheriff or whatever they have, stopped and waiting for us. I was driving so I stopped and talked to the guy through the window.

I told him we had just moved here less than a month ago, we were just here checking out the place for a few minutes, apologies, whatever. I *hoped* he would have a little human decency. You know, a little banter, tell us a couple good restaurants, remind us of park hours, welcome us as new residents of the state, but he was a dick. No sense of humor, no leniency and expected us to pay in full for all 10 minutes we were there. Somewhat understandable I guess. It's a good thing I had some cash cuz he had a bag with change and I don't doubt he would have fined or arrested us if I hadnt. Who knows? Guy probably hates queers too

It just left such a bad taste in my mouth for the town and the cops, particularly as someone who had just moved. Screw that place and its Tremors looking rear end desolation. Oh well, I guess he could have shot me (moreso partner). I hate power trip pieces of poo poo. My sister's husband is a cop and he sucks rear end and votes R. Anyway, hope all the cops catch on fire some time

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

When I was in high school, my family's car broke down on particularly bad spot of the 205 during rush hour and a cop showed up and told my mom that he was going to write her a ticket for blocking traffic if he came back and the car was still there and then he drove off. Thanks a lot, rear end in a top hat! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, when my mom was pregnant with me, a cop pulled my mom over and held her at gunpoint during a traffic stop. Demon cracker nation.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Every cop I've ever met was either nice and down to earth or spent their youth jacking off to Judge Dredd / birth of a nation. There has never been a middle ground.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

bossy lady posted:

Every cop I've ever met was either nice and down to earth or spent their youth jacking off to Judge Dredd / birth of a nation. There has never been a middle ground.

Aw man. Dredd was so good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bossy lady posted:

the "nice ones" are sociopaths OP

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

the "nice ones" are sociopaths OP

the bossy lady is not the OP Chinatown.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the bossy lady is not the OP Chinatown.

you sound like cop. shameful.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

you sound like cop. shameful.

don't make me loving arrest you

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
2000-2001 time period, between semesters and living at home. It was about 11:30pm and I was heading to my local Blockbuster Video in my suburban bullshit Utah town. Cop pulls up asking what I'm doing, and I'm like "Returning these here videos". Whatcha returning? *some bullshit vampire crap* Cue cop telling me all about how scared he is of vampires. say "okay" and move on.

Yeah, that's the most positive experience I've had with a cop, their honest report of being afraid of vampires. Everything else has been needlessly antagonistic or completely useless.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Aw man. Dredd was so good

that movie was super good and completely fell under the radar. At least mine. I learned about it here I think. Great movie. I love Karl Urban.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

don't make me loving arrest you

classic cop bitchmade response

go write a speeding ticked retard

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Speaking of cops, one's probably comin' for you buddy.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

cult_hero posted:

2000-2001 time period, between semesters and living at home. It was about 11:30pm and I was heading to my local Blockbuster Video in my suburban bullshit Utah town. Cop pulls up asking what I'm doing, and I'm like "Returning these here videos". Whatcha returning? *some bullshit vampire crap* Cue cop telling me all about how scared he is of vampires. say "okay" and move on.

Yeah, that's the most positive experience I've had with a cop, their honest report of being afraid of vampires. Everything else has been needlessly antagonistic or completely useless.

Was it John Romero's Vampires because that movie is poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

one time an animal hit the side of my car while i was doing 55 down a country highway at 730 in the morning driving to work. i was eating a greasy egg sandwich and filling my car with egg farts

like full on tilt, bullet hitting another bullet perpendicular at a 90 degree angle

i flagged a state patrol person down as i was picking pieces of car along the road and the animal was lying next to my car, both on the shoulder of the road, both bleeding from their proverbial and literal noses

the state patrol guy helped by searching my car for weed because he said it smelled funny and i looked nervous

when he didnt find any drugs he shot the deer

i swear to you that this happened to me