Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Nice Guy Patron posted:

I have an old timey gangster sounding name. Like I'm talking 1930's. Every interaction I've had a with a cop they always say 'oh Nice Guy Patron huh? I think I've heard that around'.
These people are watching too many movies.

I hope you say “see?” At the end of each sentence while interacting with the cops.

“Here’s my license, see? And here’s my registration, see?”

“I wasn’t speedin’ no 55, see?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Hello, my name is The Krays nice to meet you.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nice Guy Patron posted:

I have an old timey gangster sounding name. Like I'm talking 1930's. Every interaction I've had a with a cop they always say 'oh Nice Guy Patron huh? I think I've heard that around'.
These people are watching too many movies.

if i was named john dillinger i would always be talking about my huge cock.

edit: instead i shut the gently caress up about my mediocre cock.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
When I was young I was searched by cops at least twice because I was young. Maybe 3 times but two of them are similar so I can't remember.

Once I was in my 1991 Buick Century with 3 friends or so (actually I think that was with my ex-wife/gf) and we just turned a regular corner and they pulled us over because they thought my friend wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I don't remember if he was or not but that was an excuse to search my whole car. I let them and I've found that being white and very nice to cops can get you out of poo poo. I had a box of liquor in my trunk and I wasn't 21 at the time but my ex was. She bought it for us. Not sure if it's actually illegal to have booze in a vehicle as a minor. I let them search everything and I went into the trunk and started showing him around and was like, "do you really want me to go through all of this and open the boxes?" and he was like, "nah you're fine." They let us go.

Another time I was camping with my cousin and a ranger stopped by to check us out. No reason. We were like 16 or so. I was intimidated so I let him search our stuff. But oddly he wouldn't touch a single thing. I'm sure it's because he had no reason to search us so we were just "showing him around." We had weed and a bowl on us in a backpack, the smaller outer pocket, and he asked me to open the backpack. Again, I acted super confidently. I opened the big compartment and said "do you want me to open every pocket?" or something and he said "Nah I'm just looking for beer." He drove away but drove by again later very slowly.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh yeah, once when I was 16 one of my work friends through a party at a hotel. We worked at a theater so most of us were under 18-20. We had an older coworker buy us booze. I remember that I got a 6 pack of Zima because people would buy that and drop a Jolly Rancher in it. It didn't work and the Zima sucked. I had maybe 4.

So my friend who got the place walks in the ground level patio door slowly and was like "welp, we're caught guys." And a few cops followed him in. It's WI and underage drinking is very common so it wasn't a big angry confrontation. The cops had to get all of our information and the only guy there over 21 (the guy who bought everything) said how old he was and all of the cops were like "OOHHHHHH well I see we have our buyer." Literally every single one of us (maybe 10) were like "Nope!," "He didn't," "Absolutely not," etc. It was great.

So since I was underage and I told the cop I had a single beer (tee hee), he brought me home. We started talking when I was in the back of the car and mostly the whole way home we were talking about the military and he was in the Air Force I was talking about joining the Marine Corps. Holy poo poo did that pay off. We got to my house late at night and my mom answered the door to see a cop with me. I was terrified. Swear to god the cop was like "Look ma'am, you really got a great kid here. He was just at the wrong place at the wrong time."

When you're young and middle class and white and being completely subservient to police, it really helps.

I highly doubt I would act that way now.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I'm a cop so I interact with cops all the time and they range from very good interactions to very terrible.

AMA

drat Smugworth was right about you

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pookum posted:

drat that chick has a nice rack

It was the last thing this guy

saw before he died lol

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

drat Smugworth was right about you

what a horrible thing to say

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

I'm a cop so I interact with cops all the time and they range from very good interactions to very terrible.

AMA

Are you among the cohort of cops that beats their spouse and kids or part of the other that lies about doing it

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm not really a cop and I regret posting that because there's no way anything funny could come of it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

I'm not really a cop and I regret posting that because there's no way anything funny could come of it

i know william. we all know. i forgive you and love you, i'm just disappointed is all.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

They'll never make you mod, pig

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Lmao

He's like yeah actually not gonna die on this shitposting hill

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Once in the Georgetown neighborhood of Seattle I was returning to a friends house from the grocery store and took a wrong turn into a bus only lane. A cop immediately pulled
me over and told me I committed a federal crime because it was near the airport and he could send me to jail. He let me go without asking for my license and registration.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

He just needed a quick hit of endorphins that can only come from thoughtlessly jackbooting a rando.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

exactly something a coward cop would say

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

AMA

Serious question

Obviously it sucks to change professions and it is hard but how can you justify your decision to be in a profession which is so obviously and deeply corrupt and detrimental to the public good? Like if at least half of my profession were wife beaters I probably wouldn't stay in that profession. Oh and also if people in my profession routinely murdered people without cause.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I thought it was pretty obvious that it was a joke.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

Serious question

Obviously it sucks to change professions and it is hard but how can you justify your decision to be in a profession which is so obviously and deeply corrupt and detrimental to the public good? Like if at least half of my profession were wife beaters I probably wouldn't stay in that profession. Oh and also if people in my profession routinely murdered people without cause.

yep, womdering this as well and awaiting a response from the cop, William Henry Hairytaint very eagerly

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Got em :smug:

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
Does an ex-cop count? I have a coworker that was one for about 5 years. He was legit one of the good ones. ... And he left... because he was legit one of the good ones. Got tired of all the 'extra justice' they'd enforce and stuff. He still leans conservative, but he's open to discussions at least.

He's a bit younger than me, so I just pick on him relentlessly, like he was a younger brother.

He called out the blue guard. and wasn't really appreciated for that.

He's a good lad.

Cop-life isn't a life sentence all the time. He said he'd never go back. He definitely has some aggro, but he's learning that in the Federal gov't, that poo poo don't fly.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jul 20, 2022

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

blight rhino posted:

Does an ex-cop count? I have a coworker that was one for about 5 years. He was legit one of the good ones. ... And he left... because he was legit one of the good ones. Got tired of all the 'extra justice' they'd enforce and stuff. He still learns conservative, but he's open to discussions at least.

He's a bit younger than me, so I just pick on him relentlessly, like he was a younger brother.

He called out the blue guard. and wasn't really appreciated for that.

He's a good lad.

Cop-life isn't a life sentence all the time. He said he'd never go back. He definitely has some aggro, but he's learning that in the Federal gov't, that poo poo don't fly.

He’s not one of the good ones.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

He’s not one of the good ones.

Eh. Says you. I'm not the type to stand up for a cop. I've had my troubles.
But, think what you want, I guess.

That's like calling every military member ever, as one of the bad ones.

But, go ahead.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

every cop will eventually be good, it's just a matter of time

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

anything “one of the good ones” does in some moment that gets them trotted out for their 15 minutes on the white power hour is absolutely eclipsed by that same cop continuing to prop up a massively broken and abusive system. all cops are bad, your dipshit friend included.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yes, even arnold "the kindergarten cop" schwarzeneggar

BANNED USER
May 18, 2010

I have this real nasty habit of punching faces

BORN TO DIE
WORLD IS A gently caress
Kill Em All 1989
I am trash man
410,757,864,530 DEAD COPS

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

blight rhino posted:

But, go ahead.

everything you just said is bullshit. Reflect on your bullshit.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
John Munch is the only good cop gently caress you if you try and tell me otherwise.

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
My aunt's dad who was a cop offered to let me and my sister get drivers licenses without taking the test, I guess that would have helped me, if not protected me.

Also, the time I called them with the name and contact info of a guy who I met in a bar who kept babbling about killing people in a pretty specific way about an hour before someone nearby was killed in that specific way, they eventually sent somebody to talk to me after like a week of calling them.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Osama bin Laden was a cop. Yeah.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I sold some stuff on eBay a few years ago and immediately after an auction finished I got a pm from a guy saying he changed his mind and didn’t want it.

I told him that isn’t how eBay works and he’d committed, and he immediately upped the aggression and ended his pm with “by the way I’m a cop”.

I thought he was bullshitting me so I looked him up on Facebook and discovered he was a sunburned ham cop from some podunk Southern state town. I reported him and moved on.

I know a couple cops who are minorities and working towards not being cops any more.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

blight rhino posted:

But, go ahead.

That you'd defend an imperialist military is telling that your judgement is skewed

What do you think the USA flag means to people that see it on tanks in their street lol

If they're even that lucky, it could just be terrorist school children in a bus hit with a remote fired missile, to no negative conclusion to anybody besides the people in the school bus

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Strange Poon posted:

John Munch is the only good cop gently caress you if you try and tell me otherwise.

It's like everyone forgot about Christopher Dorner, smdh

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

RapturesoftheDeep posted:

My aunt's dad who was a cop offered to let me and my sister get drivers licenses without taking the test, I guess that would have helped me, if not protected me.

I think anyone driving a car should probably be properly licensed to do so.

gently caress that cop.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cops letting people go on DUIs are also being poo poo cops, gently caress drunk drivers

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dorner was crazy as poo poo.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Dorner was crazy as poo poo.

At first I thought you said lazy and I just nodded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Worf posted: