Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these are bad (mutliple choice)
This poll is closed.
surface 7 3.45%
surface 2 8 3.94%
surface 3 8 3.94%
surface go 8 3.94%
surface go 2 8 3.94%
surface go 3 8 3.94%
surface pro 8 3.94%
surface pro 2 10 4.93%
surface pro 3 8 3.94%
surface pro 4 8 3.94%
surface pro (2017) 8 3.94%
surface pro 6 9 4.43%
surface pro 7 8 3.94%
surface pro 7+ 8 3.94%
surface pro 8 8 3.94%
surface pro X 8 3.94%
surface book 8 3.94%
surface book 2 9 4.43%
surface book 3 8 3.94%
surface laptop 8 3.94%
surface laptop 2 8 3.94%
surface laptop 3 8 3.94%
surface laptop 4 8 3.94%
surface studio 8 3.94%
surface studio 2 8 3.94%
Total: 12 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I really want to find at least ONE person who likes Surfaces. So far I haven't found any because they are a POS, both from the YOS perspective and from the hardware perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

have you tried turning off your monitor?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

if shaggar doesn't like it, it's a lost cause

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

but to answer your question, op. I've hever used a microsoft surface. not sure I've ever seen one irl

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i like it on the yospos level where they are interesting enough to ridicule. compare e.g. acer which makes mostly garbage, but in such a way that it isn't even very interesting.

e: also if you want a tablet and don't want an ipad i unironically think that's where you end up, though that is more of an indictment of the tablet space at large.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

they are the best windows laptop

used my surface pro 3 for a while before going to an ipad pro. it worked pretty well, could run civ 6, and i could draw on it.

i also only had to pay for the keyboard because microsoft never charged me for the computer

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

akadajet posted:

but to answer your question, op. I've hever used a microsoft surface. not sure I've ever seen one irl

Remain blessed buddy

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

microsoft should try looking at macbooks and copying them instead of doing whatever wacky nonsense they think will make *this* iteration of the surface the good one.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

distortion park posted:

microsoft should try looking at macbooks and copying them instead of doing whatever wacky nonsense they think will make *this* iteration of the surface the good one.

the most boring take

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the surface is a mess cause they didnt want to create a good laptop that would complete with other windows laptops. also tablets are kind of dumb

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Shaggar posted:

the surface is a mess cause they didnt want to create a good laptop that would complete with other windows laptops. also tablets are kind of dumb

but they did anyway because everything else is either gamer garbage or complete dell-level trash

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shaggar posted:

consider that surface started out as a table form factor because Microsoft thought that was the obvious application for multitouch

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
surfaces also use out of date cpus and integrated gpus

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VfpVYYQzHs
look at this poo poo

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my partner has a surface, she likes it but complains about the pen accuracy

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
I'm holding off for the microsoft Volume

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
once upon a time I wanted a surface

I waited the urge out and the symptoms resolved themselves on their own. now I have an iPad and a windows desktop, as God intended

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my iPad (2021) with Apple Pencil is very good

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Silver Alicorn posted:

not a Microsoft Surface

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i have often seen people online say good things about surfaces

i assume they are either lying or have brain damage

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

which one was carpeted?

lol

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I have a surface duo op.

The form factor is 10/10. The software is...decent now? Dual Screen is outstanding tho.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
we have a bunch of microsoft surfaces pro, laptop, and book at work. usually for managers and sales people who wanted something that looked slicker than our usual dell laptops (or in the case of the pro, wanted the ultralight tablet form factor). i think it's like a 1:4 ratio of surfaces to dells.

we've had more battery failures (i.e. the battery swells to the point it deforms the case) and firmware issues with the surfaces than the dells. not on average, but total.

honestly my biggest complaint is the weird firmware glitches where you have to do some arcane bullshit volume+power button combo to actually reboot the device in order to get it back to a usable state.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the iPad-like device? never used one op

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
thought about buying a surface but got a galaxy tab instead. that should provide a pretty good estimation of the perceived quality of the surface

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

we have a bunch of microsoft surfaces pro, laptop, and book at work. usually for managers and sales people who wanted something that looked slicker than our usual dell laptops (or in the case of the pro, wanted the ultralight tablet form factor). i think it's like a 1:4 ratio of surfaces to dells.

we've had more battery failures (i.e. the battery swells to the point it deforms the case) and firmware issues with the surfaces than the dells. not on average, but total.

honestly my biggest complaint is the weird firmware glitches where you have to do some arcane bullshit volume+power button combo to actually reboot the device in order to get it back to a usable state.

Ugh great. This is going to be my problem soon.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

A Surface-like device.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

this is so terrible, it’s forcing a physical paradigm into digital in the clunkiest way. skeuomorphism gone berserk

it’s like what some boomer would have written into a scene in an 80s sitcom set in 2020

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the surface studio ad owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5os2_-kezgo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my bud is a literal surface enthusiast and loves them. so there is one

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ya that ad ruled. too bad the current surface studio has intel 7th gen and a 1070 lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

ya that ad ruled. too bad the current surface studio has intel 7th gen and a 1070 lol

good lord

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m Jen’s Zune.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
surfart

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
The Surface Studio was so close to being just a phenomenal box. They pulled a classic Microsoft and tripped at the finish line.

The original Surface Studio came out as Pascal was becoming a thing. It shipped with a GTX 960... Like, you have this amazing, expensive display with this god-tier hinge and it's just a wonderful device, and you then proceed to put last gen's mid-low tier hardware in it. What the gently caress is that.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

What the gently caress is that.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
one of our execs is a surface guy
and everytime he detaches it he says something about how you cant try that with a mac and grimaces at the camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
im an enthusiast of a lot of surfaces, but not the microsoft one