Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiacre
Apr 14, 2010

Covering up sex crimes is a little like selling spacebucks for cash when you really think about it!

Potato Salad posted:

In what way is it improper to characterize your post as a comparison of denying years of sex pest evidence to someone denying they knew a former member was a botter? Please, if you feel that someone else is putting words in your mouth when claiming that you said "no you can't compare them" right before comparing them, the report button is right there. Justice is just a few clicks away, if you genuinely think this way and aren't just trying to deflect stupidly.

My point is unequivocally restated in the last two sentences of my long post. The only similarity is the secrecy by which both are kept from membership. Goonswarm setup the beekeepers to expressly separate the video game stuff from the real stuff. Anyone saying I equate the two beyond that are doing so just to make an actual bad faith comparison. I am happy to let people show their true selves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

if you ignore everything that makes two things different, they're actually the same! i am the smart one here

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fiacre posted:

I am happy to let people show their true selves.

Likewise dipshit

Fiacre
Apr 14, 2010

Covering up sex crimes is a little like selling spacebucks for cash when you really think about it!
See? Thanks guys. Way to be on the ball.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Fiacre posted:

You’re a gross sex pest enabler, please go away.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Fiacre posted:

:frogout:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Fiacre posted:

You're not crying. You're laughing actually.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
open eve thread for the first time in three months, read nothing

post "nice meltdown"

close the thread having read nothing

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
nice meltdown

Fiacre
Apr 14, 2010

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

Here you go. This is the crescendo. Fully put me on the side of people who committed a crime and attack me for that. You know, despite me praising the transparency that would prevent something like that from being hidden again. I am sorry I made you so mad that you went here, but maybe take a step back and look at how gross you are being right now.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Fiacre posted:

My point is unequivocally restated in the last two sentences of my long post. The only similarity is the secrecy by which both are kept from membership. Goonswarm setup the beekeepers to expressly separate the video game stuff from the real stuff. Anyone saying I equate the two beyond that are doing so just to make an actual bad faith comparison. I am happy to let people show their true selves.

You could have said "I'm dissapointed that Gooseswarm didn't do more due diligence and isn't held to a higher standard when anger about the lack of that in GF was part of the reason they exist to begin with" and be done with it. But you had to go the extra mile and mention the Xenuria poo poo.

Nobody forced you to do that, nobody put you up to it or twisted your words. You shat on the floor of your own volition, you don't get to huff and puff and act all indignant because people are pointing that out.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

also literally nothing was "kept from" goosefleet membership, the spy posted logs literally from the corp chat, any dumbass with ten dollars and the ability to post normal for a little while would have been privy to the grand conspiracy to... accept money from a variety of old time goons, and if there were any actual institutional botting or rmt activity the reddit call-out certainly would have included it but it didn't because there isn't and the juiciest possible content they could scrape together from an entire year of discord back scroll is joking around with elusif about money laundering and a comical lack of project management oversight on the intel system nobody particularly liked or cared very much about

also there was literally nothing kept secret about xenuria being a pedo, mittens himself jabber pinged the evidence of xenuria being a pedo on another forum... iirc in order to torpedo xenuria's CSM run, BEFORE bringing xenuria in to gsf to run as a bloc CSM candidate "as a weapon to annoy CCP" or w/e and only afterward did talking negatively about xenuria become an airlockable offense

since you seem so eager to compare the two

Optical Ilyushin
May 3, 2022

Fiacre posted:

Here you go. This is the crescendo. Fully put me on the side of people who committed a crime and attack me for that. You know, despite me praising the transparency that would prevent something like that from being hidden again. I am sorry I made you so mad that you went here, but maybe take a step back and look at how gross you are being right now.

Covering up sex crimes is a little like defending it being mad that people tell you to gently caress off for defending a bullshit argument when you really think about it!

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Fiacre posted:

:agesilaus:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

My “Im not trying to equivocate sexual harassment to video game ToS violations” has people asking a lot of questions

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I will never read every channel of a guild discord. Not even if I was given 1000 years to do so.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Fiacre posted:

You’re a gross sex pest enabler, please go away. You make eve unsafe for women.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Fiacre posted:

You're a concern troll at best. If the shoe fits, wear it.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

PhilippAchtel posted:

You're a concern troll at best. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Fiacre
Apr 14, 2010

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Doctor Yiff posted:

if you ignore everything that makes two things different, they're actually the same! i am the smart one here

I don't know how to make this point better and you already did

He's basically going off on "anyway stop saying I'm comparing the two, please only read my post as though I'm not comparing them"

lol

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

are you going to address how GSF has no moral high ground to address the issue of botting

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

is there any part of the fractured foundation of your argument that you are going to address, or are you just going to continue to faff about him here begging "stop it!!1" when the things you're typing are criticized fairly and specifically

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

On the subject of RMT, things might have been different when we were all poor teenagers, but I'm an adult. I have a real job, as do almost all of us nowadays, the poor job market notwithstanding.

The last thing I want to do is hustle in the ISK mines for a fraction of what I make doing real work. People really need to let this go, salacious as it may seem.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Fiacre posted:

My point is unequivocally restated in the last two sentences of my long post.

Lmao "just pay attention to my conclusion please" okay

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

No Child Left Behind really did gently caress poo poo up for the humanities.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Fiacre posted:

I want to come back to this one final time to translate it.

"I cannot address the characterization of my post as comparing RMT to Actual loving Pedophilia harborage. Please only read my conclusions, not my arguments. The Beekeepers totally addressed Goonswarm's transphobia and misogyny issues, which is why a bunch of GSF members keep flying into this thread frothing at the mouth at the first real opportunity they've had to connect some kind of amorphous, unsubstantiated wrongdoing to the people who hurt Dear Leader That Bitch Amber Heard" Mittani."

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Things i like:
Cheap EVE gold

Things i don’t like:
Sex pests

Sorry for the progressive take

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

vyst posted:

Things i like:
Cheap EVE gold

Things i don’t like:
Sex pests

we got a loving radical thinker here

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.
you monster

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

vyst posted:

Things i like:
Cheap EVE gold

Things i don’t like:
Sex pests

i'm reliably informed these are exactly equivalent, you monster

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Guys equating RMT and protecting a paedo and sex pests.

Even better is only one of those things happened.

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

Oh, this makes way more sense since every time I posted a Goosefleet reddit post they were posting the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen. Good to know. https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/14t7qvp/comment/jr24rto/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

TerranRaida posted:

Oh, this makes way more sense since every time I posted a Goosefleet reddit post they were posting the dumbest poo poo I've ever seen. Good to know. https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/14t7qvp/comment/jr24rto/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

drat what a piece of poo poo

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

Fajita Queen posted:

drat what a piece of poo poo

Honestly, it feels like Santa crashed his sled outside your house and you get to keep all the toys. This is a fantastic revelation.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
fiacre did you have some sort of phineas gate style incident when a chunk of 4chan exploded and lodged itself in your head or what

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

why would anyone join a group led by dragonshardz

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
George Soros pays for delta discord nitro with a check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiacre
Apr 14, 2010

Furnok Dorn posted:

fiacre did you have some sort of phineas gate style incident when a chunk of 4chan exploded and lodged itself in your head or what

It’s Phineas Gage and lol. More like a lovely triforce of 4chan, Reddit, and SA.