Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

CainFortea posted:

Thanks fam.

Anyway this is amokedotte in a nutshell.

Point of order, Isabella apparently hasn’t been in Amok since 2017. She’s been in Thunderwaffe since then. I made the same assumption and ate an rear end chewing for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Macha posted:

Hey quick question,
So this entire mess with Goonswarm, and especially the issue with Xenuria being a pedo, has reminded me of the Archeage goon guild and the splintering of that guild over a pedophile. I remember playing during that time, but I was just some dumb low-level guy in the guild. All I remember was SCT kept bringing another goon, BobFromMarketing, back in after he got kicked for being outed as a groomer.

I went with Kimsemus' group because holy poo poo, gently caress that. I can understand not knowing the guy was a pedophile that had groomed a kid, but once you know the only acceptable response is to cut all ties and fire them out the airlock.

Well, surprise surprise. BobFromMarketing is still playing EVE. Looks like around the time he got outed he joined Pandemic Legion.

Anyone got any of the info on BFM? Would be great to get a second pedophile out of EVE Online.

he got run out of goonfleet years prior to that and me getting him permabanned from sa is the direct cause of the archeage poo poo

also its either not that guy owning that character or pl straight up doesnt care

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 18, 2022

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
stupid and lazy are groons two primary attributes!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

dragonshardz posted:

That's my secret, LC, I'm always respectable.

Is recreation your destination though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykDsmAqExH8

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he got run out of goonfleet years prior to that and me getting him permabanned from sa is the direct cause of the archeage poo poo

also its either not that guy owning that character or pl straight up doesnt care

Yeah. I can forgive a lot of poo poo, but pedo/grooming is absolutely just no. And shame on the Archeage goons that wanted him around because 'he provides lots of wool!'

Can confirm though, BobFromMarketing is pedo-Bob. Bob FromMarketing is the one that is a different person. I've mailed PL leadership about it but they just don't seem to care.
Imagine not caring that a pedophile is in your group...

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Macha posted:

Yeah. I can forgive a lot of poo poo, but pedo/grooming is absolutely just no. And shame on the Archeage goons that wanted him around because 'he provides lots of wool!'

Can confirm though, BobFromMarketing is pedo-Bob. Bob FromMarketing is the one that is a different person. I've mailed PL leadership about it but they just don't seem to care.
Imagine not caring that a pedophile is in your group...

The alliance with a corp named "Sniggerdly" in it not caring about that? Why I never

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The alliance with a corp named "Sniggerdly" in it not caring about that? Why I never

Could still name and shame/call them out too. Lots of PL members are/have been SA members.

Lots of PL leadership/members also have alts in Pandemic Horde. Horde was started by PL leaders and FCs. They are complicit with having a pedophile in their alliance.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Macha posted:

Could still name and shame/call them out too. Lots of PL members are/have been SA members.

Lots of PL leadership/members also have alts in Pandemic Horde. Horde was started by PL leaders and FCs. They are complicit with having a pedophile in their alliance.

Problem is that there has to be, like, someone who cares for it to have an effect. If there's one thing I've learned, no one on that side of the aisle cares.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Promoting brave is bad but go goose fleet

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

WorkerThread posted:

you all have too much of yourselves invested in this high school esque student government project. most people in the imperium (maybe a big chunk of the people that are fun to play the game with) are barely aware of what's going on, and you're going to make yourself insane thinking you're going to wake them up.

My guy, people here are well aware of how many in Imperium from Theadj all the way down have their heads firmly up their own rectums on this particular issue. If we thought there was a chance of waking people up, we'd be trying it instead of leaving and putting Imperium in the Q-zone of space guilds

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Honk.

By the way Untitled Goose Game is Cool and Good and if you have younger kids it is a perfect game to play with them!

Very wholesome.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Conspiratiorist posted:

Have you considered such generalizations are insulting to the people serious about effecting change from the inside??

Seeing is believing

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

So is Goosefleet going to be the "official" SA corp? If so I might come back. Still need to drop waffe and move my poo poo to asset safety and find some way to get my rear end out of GE- to wherever we'd be setting up shop.

:honk:

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Listen, the only way to deal with load-bearing misogyny without destabilizing your Very Important internet spaceships guild is incremental change, and if unpaid and untrained Gamers are the only people available to implement good HR practices, then you've just got to make do.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Foehammer007 posted:

Promoting brave is bad but go goose fleet

Given that the other options are PanFam or Frat, Brave is the best option for anyone who wants that big nullbloc life.

Kazinsal posted:

So is Goosefleet going to be the "official" SA corp? If so I might come back. Still need to drop waffe and move my poo poo to asset safety and find some way to get my rear end out of GE- to wherever we'd be setting up shop.

:honk:

The idea is for it be the official SA corp, yes. If you're still in GSF, get your poo poo out of GE- to lowsec before you drop corp.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

CainFortea posted:

Well i'll be. She was when I knew her.

when was the last time you logged in? lol

Mapache
Dec 17, 2013

dragonshardz posted:

RECOMMENDED CORPS/ALLIANCES

Goosefleet [GANDR]: A corp still in the startup phase, recruiting specifically from...here! Long-term plans are to go to w-space once everyone is evacced from Imperium space and some sort of alliance with a larger group can be struck. This is the Hole Squad reboot you're looking for. (Discord invite link)

Prismatic Legion [PRISM]: A larger w-space group that is extremely queer, run by queers, and includes queer allies. If you want to jump right to a more established body that Goosefleet might hook up with, click this finely crafted link to wormhole.gay

Brave Collective [BRAVE]: Presently in a fight for their lives against Fraternity. A large nullsec group which (smartly) peeled itself away from PAPI after the end of the Beetinam War. Dunk Dinkle has made great strides in airlocking shitheads, but Shattered Armer is still there and is still insufferable.

Deepwater Hooligans [BIGAB]: A mid-sized nullsec group, part of something called the Crunchwrap Coalition. While it skews younger and is almost entirely men, the leadership reportedly has zero tolerance for bigotry or harassment.

Of Sound Mind [SOUND]: A mid-sized nullsec group run by a cabal of trans women who know each other in meatspace.

The Greater Goon [GROON]: Weird pineapple people in Syndicate or something. Check 'em out on Discord.

CORPS AND ALLIANCES TO AVOID

• The Imperium (Goonswarm Federation, The Initiative, Dracarys, some other randoms I can't remember right now.)
  • No Forks Given [SPORK]
  • Psychotic Tendencies [TISHU]
  • Bad-Touch [DTF]
  • Snuffed Out [B B C]
  • ur dunked [YIKES]
  • Shadow Cartel [SHDWC]

Wait, why is bad-touch on this list?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

dragonshardz posted:

The idea is for it be the official SA corp, yes. If you're still in GSF, get your poo poo out of GE- to lowsec before you drop corp.

Rad, thanks. The Discord link in the second post of the thread seems to be broken, or maybe that's just my end? Just opens a blank new tab for me.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Is goose fleet going to live in poitot

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

WorkerThread posted:

lol. i fully support removing these people from community spaces, like SA. it's clear that the wider goonswarm community isn't fully on board with that idea so it's great that everyone stuck to their principles and left. having accomplished essentially everything you could with the actual power you wield, the thread has devolved into melodrama and you should stop encouraging fnln as he becomes increasingly manic

I'm not manic. Never had a mania diagnosis, been to a loooottta mental health professionals of all types over the years ADHD, MDD, PTSD, yeah, no mania.

Zo ain't riding me like a jockey either, I'm stubborn as a motherfucker, i cannot tell myself what to do, i just do. He just understands Mittani as I do, and knows that he loooves a good ruse, agitprop/controlled opposition, shadow kinging, honeypot/bugzapper stuff, that's the whole thing, all that poo poo you think "Oh, that's too far, he'd never do that"? "That's crazy" "What's the loving point, just get a real job?"

Here's the actual list of things Mittani would never do:
  • exceed the velocity of c in a vacuum
  • respect a limit or boundary that is not physically enforced
  • paint a self portrait that ages instead of him
  • genunely apologize
  • post something funny

notice what these have in common? They're limitations brought on by things out of his control or capability, not any morality, principle, or better judgement

He literally is only stopped by being physically prevented from attempting things, see: groping, the dad having to drive from alaska - he did the first thing because he Could, the only thing that would stop him is a physical divide stopping him access to victims
he returned the dog cuz someone who just drove from Alaska to Wisconsin to pick up their daughter's dog and you don't cooperate?
they're gonna pack their pickup into your house and it's finna be hank-hill-hands on sight. so he hands it over, but not until he felt like something would happen to him if he didn't.

The reason some of the posts are formatted poorly or not worded in the clearest manner is bc I've had to make some posts from my phone as I've had to suddenly move because of a major life upset, making formatting difficult + I've been posting a lot of stuff rapidly either as it's been unearthed and as I've had my memory jogged by conversations here or elsewhere, since there's just so, so much. (don't worry y'all I'm still taking care of myself i just wanted to respond to this bc I'm not being driven around like a war elephant or something & dw ppl to worry about me im okay :) )

I've bitten onto this because:
I am an extremely empathetic person. To a fault.

i cannot help it, i care about people, and i know how it feels to have poo poo hurt you inside and when i know other people are suffering or have been wronged, i will drop everything to help them not. Every time.

I'm not saying any of this to go "oooh look at me I'm a good person", I'm just trying to show it's really just how i roll & nobody's makin me do anything, that's like sayin a clouds pushin the wind around

this message was during the brief 'interwar' period after they'd kicked her, lotta my friends were getting upset, dropping roles, like 15 people were just going 'gently caress it', I'd gone into elys and posted my 'touch this post and you'll regret it' post and Atrum (iirc, maybe cryo?) was able to get wolf unbanned and the assumption was it had worked and stuff could return to normal and be improved.

I didn't know mcwolf at all before i spoke with Mittani and went to bat for her. didn't ask her if she wanted me to, She had not asked me, didn't know i was contacting Mittani, didn't know i was goin off in elys, didnt know i was gonns posr that post calling it all out

nor had she ssked anyone else, to do anything for her except trying to get someone to check in om the stuff they'd promised they would after she gave the info they asked for 6 mo earlier

she wasn't Fomenting nothin btw. i wanna make that extra clear bc i don't want folks going after her, i don't want her worrying about that: she has not been an instigator of anything, and i would have blown up on mittani and posted that post over that one even if she'd asked me not to bc it had displayed a gaping systemic black hole and i could see the potential for abuse instantly & couldn't abide.

her plan was to just leave quietly without protest afaik, because it was turning out to be another place that's overly hostile to women and punishes them for not just kinda assuming the position.

She deffo felt hurt, disappointed, hut unsurprised - not from any previous perception of goontleet, but capital-g Gamers in power doing Gamer style things like dehumanizing women and ignoring them at all times unless there's an opportunity to sexualize, antagonize, or villify them.

if you ignore it, the worst & most dangerous ones will inevitably escalate it until they get a reaction because that's why they're doing it at all

for folks who don't get it: this is a H U G E factor of why "find the block button" isn't useful, it's not only about you not seeing them, it's about not wanting them to be seeing and tracking you at all times,

I sent that message maybe 30-45 minutes before Mittani comes in and says ":byewhore: We'll pay everyone back, don't worry. I most certainly have performed my due diligence here." (that shits so funny that he thought i only had 60bn and i could just be erased and that'd be that - look at how prescient the last line in that msg screenshot is, lmao.)

Didn't know how long she'd been in the group, didn't short discussion w/ azo n a couple other deltas just asking 'what's goin on?' cuz she was upset that she was still being harrassed and that leadership had time to delete her callout thread within a day but not to address the poo poo she said in it when they'd been notified 6 months ago

I've always dropped bookposts about stuff that matters to me or interests me, there's prob like 200 people who can attest to that here: its what i do, short posts for funny stuff long posts for real stuff or stuff i thinks neat

hi, im fn margera... n can i do whatever the f*ck i want !

also that's rly me on the honk fleet server im too lazy to edit profile

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 19, 2022

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
How long does it take you to post or did you pre write these

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FirstnameLastname posted:

, the dad having to drive from alaska -
you're doing a disservice to arkhamina

Arkhamina posted:

94 pages. I left for work and it was 66. Caught up now.

Had to do some digging, but it was September of 2016 the whole dog thing went down. She stayed with us about three weeks and I regularly walked 210lbs of dog at once (we had 2 already). For those wondering, Sitka is still around, but quite old and frail. The cats were all retrieved in the end, because most cat lovers given animals on false pretenses would not think of keeping them against the actual owners will. They were told a variety of lies, and they thought they were helping. Manipulative sociopath...

He absolutely could have said 'just go get the dog'. We had keys to their house, for back and forth house sitting. It was pure malice.

edit cause i misremembered my b

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 18, 2022

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

You missed a redaction in the text entry field at the bottom there.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Bonfire Lit posted:

ty fixing

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Herstory Begins Now posted:

anyone still in gf who thinks that they can effect change is deluding themselves horribly

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
Goonswarm Federation has heard the request that we retire the fatbee and all associated bee paraphenalia.

Effective immediately, I present the new, newbee:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

andromache fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 18, 2022

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Foehammer007 posted:

Is goose fleet going to live in poitot

syndicate was dead last time i was there

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bonfire Lit posted:

and probably "the top half of the profile pic" tbh, if the point is maintaining anonymity

e2: and the unredacted pic url is still in your address bar c'mon son

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

andromache posted:

Goonswarm Federation has heard the request that we retire the fatbee and all associated bee paraphenalia.

i'm not sure if you're trying to make a joke here

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Aww Don’t go after people’s spelling or writing comprehension, I post nervously with one working hand and one working eye on an iPad which punishes me by sending the Apple auto correct whappy for not updating the iOS..

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
given the past week(s) I'm not sure a lolicon icon is the best idea.

read the room?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

Aww Don’t go after people’s spelling or writing comprehension, I post nervously with one working hand and one working eye on an iPad which punishes me by sending the Apple auto correct whappy for not updating the iOS..

you make good poasts doan worry

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

andromache posted:

:chloe:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

andromache posted:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

andromache posted:

smashing the concord button as hard as I can but apparently this is a low security thread ugh

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost
Something I've come to realize over the past week.

I've really missed deadtear's posting.

That feels weird to say.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Foehammer007 posted:

How long does it take you to post or did you pre write these

not long, but im doin other stuff in between writing bits f ex rn I'm im walking around outside listening to music ,
m a pretty fast typist im bout 120wpm id say even on screenkb+Samsung®Swype™ but most of the long posts i also didnt revise or anything like all first draft w / a quick double check for mistakes at the end cuz stuff was moving so fast the whole time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

and probably "the top half of the profile pic" tbh, if the point is maintaining anonymity

e2: and the unredacted pic url is still in your address bar c'mon son
shiit my b again its sunny as hell i can hardly see the screen