Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar
Some really old school names showing up now, good to see you again. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Comstar posted:

Wait, WHAT. It was HIS name that caused that entire scandal?? Good grief.

So, if a poster on somethingawful.com wants to join a corp in the game Eve Online, and not join Goonswarm...what are the alternatives?

Imo go join that lgbt wormhole alliance that got linked a few pages back, Prismatic Legion. I have some irl friends that have mentioned them a few times and they're very fun to play with according to those gals.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Comstar posted:

So, if a poster on somethingawful.com wants to join a corp in the game Eve Online, and not join Goonswarm...what are the alternatives?

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

hello fellow gon, i have seen a few folks asking about groups in eve that are not stuffed to the gills with poo poo heads. to that end i will do my best to lay out some options for folks that want to play eve online but don't want to deal with capital 'g' Gamers:

all of the gigantic null blocs are the same or worse than the imperium on these issues. don't argue with me on this - i have access to relays of most groups general chats, i see their line members and leadership show their asses in community discords. if you want to get away from this kind of behavior, the big groups ain't it. the only caveat is that i do not have visibility into the non-english speaking asian communities within those blocs. Whereas most of the euros post in English on english language forums, the asian groups do that a lot less. You'll have to ask someone else how things are in the Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, and Filipino language contingents of the major blocs.

smaller groups to avoid: No Forks Given, TISHU, Bad-touch, Snuffed Out, ur dunked, shadow cartel

groups that exist that i don't have much insight into the culture of anymore: We Form Bl0b, V0lta (but they're euros so i can guess), Lazerhawks, Hard Knocks

Recommendations

Large groups: Brave. They're presently in a fight for their lives and dunk dinkle has done a good job (so far as i can tell) of tamping down the toxicity that flourished under the leadership of people that hosed off to TEST after wwb2.

WHers: Prismatic Legion

Mid-sized: Crunchwrap coalition. As a matter of disclosure, I'm currently in a member of this coalition called Deepwater Hooligans. The group skews younger and is almost entirely Dudes, but the leadership does not tolerate any manner of bigotry or harassment and has actively examined itself and identified areas it can improve. The other group is Of Sound Mind, which is run chiefly by a group of trans women that know one another irl

otherwise, your best bet is just getting together with some buds and doing stuff at a small scale.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

The Shortest Path posted:

Imo go join that lgbt wormhole alliance that got linked a few pages back, I have some irl friends that have mentioned them a few times and they're very fun to play with according to those gals.

https://www.wormhole.gay/

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Mods for now why don’t we just edit the post to say “Don’t join Goonfleet” at the top with a link to when the drama hits.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

FirstnameLastname posted:

It is better to not fight, my man. people give you poo poo because you have a very confrontational demeanor at times. I think you're not always aware of how confrontational you're coming off as, and then feel like people are attacking you, when they feel like you're attacking them first, or might have a legitimate reason to be upset with you, and in that case, you want to listen to people telling you how you're making them feel - don't get angry, It might not feel good, but it's generally gonna be honest, especially when you hear it from multiple people in multiple situations

This is real talk I'm not trying to be mean here, there's no reason to want enemies, and unnecessarily escalating stuff makes enemies more often than it does anything else. you don't really want the smoke - you want to get along with people and not feel like theyre dogging on you, but you've got to try to de-escalate, even if you're upset, or the cycle isn't going to stop happening.

people respond to anger with anger, try your best to not put anger out and you'll notice a lot less people sending it in

ty for telling dozer exactly what i wanted to say but couldn't articulate.

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

I'll also throw in that if you're comfortable operating solo and enjoy lowsec Stay Frosty was a very fun environment for me personally.

EDIT: when I say operating solo I don't mean to imply there's a lack of group content, but you'll need to be self-sufficient in terms of income to replace losses. Corp is a bunch of LS pirates, and while lots of folks hunt solo they can quickly wolfpack if a bigger target shows up. I tackled a thanatos in an enyo once and held it just long enough for us to get 5 guys out there to defang and kill it.

Jenrai fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 14, 2022

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

dragonshardz posted:

ty for telling dozer exactly what i wanted to say but couldn't articulate.

love you friend

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It is better to not fight, my man. people give you poo poo because you have a very confrontational demeanor at times. I think you're not always aware of how confrontational you're coming off as, and then feel like people are attacking you, when they feel like you're attacking them first, or might have a legitimate reason to be upset with you, and in that case, you want to listen to people telling you how you're making them feel - don't get angry, It might not feel good, but it's generally gonna be honest, especially when you hear it from multiple people in multiple situations

This is real talk I'm not trying to be mean here, there's no reason to want enemies, and unnecessarily escalating stuff makes enemies more often than it does anything else. you don't really want the smoke - you want to get along with people and not feel like theyre dogging on you, but you've got to try to de-escalate, even if you're upset, or the cycle isn't going to stop happening.

people respond to anger with anger, try your best to not put anger out and you'll notice a lot less people sending it in

This is really good advice for anyone in a vaguely similar situation imo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

dragonshardz posted:

HOLE SQAD

ON THAT REAL poo poo

HOLE SQAD

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jenrai posted:

I'll also throw in that if you're comfortable operating solo and enjoy lowsec Stay Frosty was a very fun environment for me personally.

Solo…drakban?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Ynglaur posted:

We're starting to run out of Eve Goon names I know who haven't been airlocked in the past 72 hours. If Mittens doesn't like what people are saying why can't he just find the block button?

seems like he did?

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

Solo…drakban?

I'm not a good enough goon/poster to get the joke I'm sorry

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

this should probably also go in the OP as well tbh

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

Ynglaur posted:

We're starting to run out of Eve Goon names I know who haven't been airlocked in the past 72 hours. If Mittens doesn't like what people are saying why can't he just find the block button?

:perfect:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jenrai posted:

I'm not a good enough goon/poster to get the joke I'm sorry

It’s ok friend

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
get airlocked for speaking truth to creeps, cowards

Jenrai
May 4, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

It’s ok friend

I appreciate your acceptance of me as a badposter

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Supercaps can be asset safetied right?

Asking for an alt:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Furnok Dorn posted:

Can’t get airlocked if you quit the moment anything interesting stops happening.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

dialhforhero posted:

Supercaps can be asset safetied right?

Asking for an alt:

yes but there is a nasty asset-safety tax CCP implimented to make everyone's life easier

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Bigbillthaboss posted:

yes but there is a nasty asset-safety tax CCP implimented to make everyone's life easier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPAZvxmLfcQ

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

needs to be in the op for sure

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Comstar posted:

So far, it seems Delta Sqad has its head on right as the party that largely went to bat for some of these victims, so maybe just wait to see what they do.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ShowTime posted:

You could help me with industry if you want, it's something i've been trying to get into, but taking time leveling up the character.

I can help you with that, we have a a couple of stations and moon with our own loose collection of high sec players/pirate alts, only me and the boss have English as a first language. The Moon is corp but the ice/regular mining stuff station is open to all as are the free boosts, we got links to low sec, WH, and NPC 0.0 corps. e. We are small but as a starting point with no one telling you what to do it's not a terrible pick.

You don't have plat so I'm going to post my alt Elsie Duke name for you to eve mail your character name to if you like because black flag are ITT and the Glencora corp is just my I'm not paying NPC taxes alt corp.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 14, 2022

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Bigbillthaboss posted:

roll turd

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
94 pages. I left for work and it was 66. Caught up now.

Had to do some digging, but it was September of 2016 the whole dog thing went down. She stayed with us about three weeks and I regularly walked 210lbs of dog at once (we had 2 already). For those wondering, Sitka is still around, but quite old and frail. The cats were all retrieved in the end, because most cat lovers given animals on false pretenses would not think of keeping them against the actual owners will. They were told a variety of lies, and they thought they were helping. Manipulative sociopath...

He absolutely could have said 'just go get the dog'. We had keys to their house, for back and forth house sitting. It was pure malice.

Loving seeing all the old TopGoon, Theta people. Reminds me that while my brokebrain self was working a game, there were fun people, who wanted to fun things, and not just wave egos around. My whole Goonfleet career was basically finding a series of small safer groups who took care of each other, starting with SpecOps.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

by the guy who ran 420chan with kirtaner, he also tried to blame a guy who had quit for ages who got an email from ccp and posted here asking ???

This is the same person that mittani was grooming to seduce a CCP employee - i just made that connection jfc.

That's Eronarn.

Oh my God. H o l y poo poo deadtear you keep being so loving helpful with this stuff

Holy shiitt i forgot the kirtaner-and-associate bans, that guy was 100% pedophile & i never interacted with him for the record, only saw his creepy posts & people discussing him & i hadn't spoken to Eronarn since trying to release the Usefully Homosexual plot in 08 or 09, I'm clarifying all this because i don't wanna imply Any personal adjacency to that 420chan poo poo - but am i remembering this right:

He (Eronarn) eventually got banned from here for the connection/adjacency to THAT pedo poo poo, too didn't he? (I just looked it up and he got a ban for creepy poo poo in 2012, I'm guessing that's what it was but I don't have archives so I can't see the post)

has this spaceship game organization created on these forums just been a weird videogame/internet little st james Island for a cabal of groomers/pedophiles and their victims in a repeating cycle of abuse all the way back to like 2007?

It Gets Worse Again

Holy fucjk

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Furnok Dorn posted:

i'm pretty sure that i've only avoided the airlock because i'm a complete nobody

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

This is the same person that mittani was grooming to seduce a CCP employee - i just made that connection jfc.

That's Eronarn.

Oh my God. H o l y poo poo deadtear you keep being so loving helpful with this stuff

Holy shiitt i forgot the kirtaner-and-associate bans, that guy was 100% pedophile & i never interacted with him for the record, only saw his creepy posts & people discussing him & i hadn't spoken to Eronarn since trying to release the Usefully Homosexual plot in 08 or 09, I'm clarifying all this because i don't wanna imply Any personal adjacency to that 420chan poo poo - but am i remembering this right:

He (Eronarn) eventually got banned from here for the connection/adjacency to THAT pedo poo poo, too didn't he? (I just looked it up and he got a ban for creepy poo poo in 2012, I'm guessing that's what it was but I don't have archives so I can't see the post)

has this spaceship game organization created on these forums just been a weird videogame/internet little st james Island for a cabal of groomers/pedophiles and their victims in a repeating cycle of abuse all the way back to like 2007?

It Gets Worse Again

Holy fucjk
eronarn was not kirtaner iirc, but did know the guy

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

sheepdemon posted:

That kinda gives you an idea about the people we've been fighting. ElitestOps left the first time largely because they could still be "ironically racist" in PL.

Join ISRAD - EVEs Most Prestigious Brown Supremacy Corporation!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ynglaur posted:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Furnok Dorn posted:

I would have to log in and do all that ESI bullshit and rejoin when I can just stay out.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

And for those lurking, it's not overreacting to say "why the gently caress would we believe you about a cultural revolution this time, go pound sand" especially while the same people in the top tiers are there.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

eronarn was not kirtaner iirc, but did know the guy

eronarn and kirtaner hooked up at an anime convention I I R C

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Furnok Dorn posted:

eronarn and kirtaner hooked up at an anime convention I I R C

holy poo poo they did, i just remembered that poo poo