Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I mean it's not like SA of all places telling people not to join GSF is really going to have a measureable effect on recruitment to the alliance at this point.

It's a bit insulting to those SA posters who are still in CFC and who are apparently serious about effecting change. But until clear and convincing evidence is shown that a real seachange has happened, it's for the best, I suppose.

Edit: maybe don't recommend BRAVE so quickly from the feedback already either?

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

dragonshardz posted:

loving THANK YOU I WAS TALKING WITH SOMEONE AND TRYING TO REMEMBER WHICH DICKHEADS WOULDN'T SET HOLE SQUAD BLUE SO WE EXPLODED THEIR poo poo SOMETIMES.

Mac Smash, Diplo to FCON. Great times, Kesper.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

if they're serious about change banning mittani is a start but that aint happening so "hey be aware of things and maybe dont join" is good advice

I hope the new CEO bans Mittani but the interim leadership doesn't seem interested, agreed. Their tenure is to be on the order of a week, so we'll see once the handoff is complete.

I'm willing to take what they say at face value for now. I don't like everything that has been announced (mostly that he isn't banned), but the people involved - theAdj, xttz, Atrum, etc. seem to be on-side and respected well enough?

Xenuria is banned, Innom is out, Mittens hasn't been on comms apparently in days. It's at least a minor improvement. Waiting for more evidence.

I mean you sort of vaguely know me, DT. Not always the smartest guy on comms, and I really think people can do better. But yeah, if new leadership doesn't ban Mittani for the whole Xenuria thing for starters... it's a failure to face facts imho..

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

lollontee posted:

this was a team effort, i'm proud of all of you. except you, rusty martialilulis, you loving sucj rear end

Suggestion to Goosefleet leadership: add "no genocide denial" to the list of "you might not fit in here if these apply to you":

- no sexism
- no racism
- no anti-semitism
- no homophobia
- no transphobia
- (not sure how to include gender identity, someone help me here)
etc.

You should codify that stuff early before it seeps into the woodwork from oversight or neglect.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Cease to Hope posted:

it's difficult to imagine a non-racist form of genocide denial

I suppose "not all racists are genocide deniers, but all genocide deniers are racists" might apply then.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

DurrHurrHurr posted:

Once knew a guy who claimed that the holocaust was fake because Europe wasn't a real place, so it couldn't have happened.

Is this DurrHurrDurr posting? If so, I am sorry about how Goons went after your mother back in the day. Horrible. :(

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

DurrHurrHurr posted:

Yeah it's me, what's up buddy

someone posted the story how goons doxxed and harrased her (and you) and I was horrified, is all. I hope things stopped and she got over it, is all. That was before my time in GSF really but jesus christ, the stuff that was "acceptable"

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

gonna wake up to angry pms from him on discord for that one

The best part of waking up, is DeadTear in your inbox

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Mandalay posted:

Should I create a new character or use my old one? I logged in to find out I have too many skill points to train new skills. I also noticed that skills like Eidetic Memory were removed? I probably need a tutorial at this point.

Yeah, gonna be some updates. Try walking in stations!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

lollontee posted:

star citizen lol

The Mittani to be named leader of the Fourth Stimpire

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Mandozer ur a butt.

No you're thinking of Mac Smash

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

spazzhole posted:

hes amazing, loved hanging with him in Madison. He's some big goon discord big shot now

His adventures in CD were loving epic.

Tried to help everyone get along. Failed horribly.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

he's such a loving dweeb, he heard someone dared insult serious overchill and wrote a long winded bitchmade diatribe and posted it in a newbie channel of a different discord because it was the only one he could access

Well, you lost a titan, so there.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

almighty posted:

I vaguely remember hearing the thing with exploding your own freighters, but it's been quite some time and I feel as if the story behind this deserves to be recounted here. :doit:

Anyone want a dozen 'roses'?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Goonwaffe is the corp for real / true Goons and they are no longer associated with SA so they probably won't see your recommendation. Have you tried alternative outlets for communicating your advice?

The interim alliance CEO posted here in the last day as well as a few directors so I dunno.

In the fireside it was pointed out that the "election" will be a poll among current Illum members, not a general vote. Were you expecting space democracy?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Zodium posted:

I agree, but I'm concerned if I out and out say that, Wibla's next post will be a video of him ripping his face off to reveal a monstrous alien form beyond mortal comprehension.

We call them.... the bjergaben

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Hesh Ballantine posted:

no, I died a warrior's death, Qapla'

Fixt

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Micromancer posted:

tellin you just make me waffe ceo and everyone will finally be able to breathe easy that someone needfully creepy is at the helm but is also busy enough irl to not be able to do things like affect the game or pay out his own war bonds in technetium or whatever

https://i.imgur.com/RqGBLXU.mp4

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 20, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Citizen Rat posted:

HI SSB! I think I owe you a phone call. Or several.

Hi CR: you don't know me but I used to talk a lot with your dad when he played, in Theta comms when Ted (Space Dad) was in charge. Could you tell him hi from me and Ive really missed hanging out with him on comms. I hope everything is going great for him (and you). If he's still online I can send contact deets?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

learnincurve posted:

I have some sort of flu and unblocked him in the spirit of giving everyone second chances,

*Everyone*????

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

dragonshardz posted:

I'm mildly disappointed, but hardly suprised.

The interim leadership has been saying "the interim leadership are not reversing bans en masse" for the last week - so if you were surprised, you weren't paying attention in this thread.

The statement was "if you did something that would have gotten you banned two (now three) weeks ago, you aren't getting unbanned just because you did it last week".

As to Delta, hasn't alliance leadership been basically 'we are so done with you' from low-level back-and-forth stuff even back to the last war? They frankly seem pretty glad you left, no? That felt like the tone in the fireside, to me.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

learnincurve posted:

It was never going to happen, they are going to have to “both sides” this and PUNISH in order to placate their racist homophobic right wing Reddit core who thinks this is all “politics”.

I feel it's more like "bye, Felicia" on their side. Delta was a persistent annoyance to Illum so when you stomped around and then slammed the door on the way out, they were frankly glad to see you go.

There's individuals who would probably be welcomed back but en masse? Nahhhhhhhh. Bye, Felicia.

I am unsubscribed but logged into comms for first time in ages for the last Fireside so whatever is on comms or forums or discord I don't see.

Why do people care if they got banned anyhow. Were you planning on going *back*? What?

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 23, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Solus posted:

two of which have proven themselves to be stupid as gently caress with their awful dogshit handling of this entire thing.

That label seems to have broader application than you intended, I can think of more than two...

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Solus posted:

There's a reason I quit and that my last ping to the alliance was a video of sideshow bob stepping on rakes.

As a SpaceDad-era Theta, however, don't annoy Tuzy. He is nice. EVEN IF DBRB IS HIS FAULT

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

The Shortest Path posted:

Also loving lmao at "SA goons" as if there are any other kind. GSF is a bunch of pubbies.

Tbqh quite a few of the 'goons' and 'goon culture' that formed the core of the alliance a decade+ ago are a big root of the cancer in current GSF. Hence the trickle of retvets from that era that popped up in this thread during the last Delve War all being shocked you couldn't be sexist, racist and so on. They usually flamed out here almost instantly.

Given the cultural shift on SA, we're the ones that stopped being "goons" as they saw it. GSF has stayed closer to the "goon culture", haven't they? Isn't that the problem? SA goons grew up, Eve goons didn't.

So saying GSF isn't "goons" is ignoring the fact they're absolutely goons, but it's like a racist grandpa who keeps using slurs from his youth. They're just eve goons. Of all the things to obsess over, gatekeeping 'goon' is pretty out there, given over a decade of the link, overdue for severing though it was.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Feliday Melody posted:

Do not take this out on me.

Ignore Shane, he's just going to keep on endlessly angryposting at you and anyone else he gets mad at. It's his tic.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Potato Salad posted:

I'm taking any bets that they'll purge :godwin: or :hitler: and the like. Purging the text of white nationalism in place of purging white nationalists themselves is an old, ooooooold "See, we're trying, honest" playbook.

The next time anyone says posters in this thread aren't just tossing baseless accusations around and tarring all their imagined enemies with crazy poo poo, link the quoted post. It's just raving.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Directly yelling at someone to knock it off and calling them a stupid piece of poo poo to their face makes them weaker and undercuts their attempts at playing to their crowd and is much more likely to cause immediate speaking up.

You haven't uncorked your catchphrase here in ages. Would you be so kind, DT?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

no gently caress off

Saaaaaay iiiiiiiiit

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 23, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

I suppose the tankier bits of CSPAM are maybe stuck in 1935 where they're loyally working for Beria.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Raged posted:

I think we are all white nationalists now. I swear we were pedo enablers yesterday. Just imagine what we can be labelled with tomorrow.

I got labelled a 'race traitor and Jewish lackey' by online Holocaust denier Matt Giwer like, 20 years ago, I'll never pass the background check.

https://www.nizkor.org/giwer-matt/

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

learnincurve posted:

I've spent the night having covid fever dreams and my patience is at zero with lickspittle gently caress you got mine, gaslighting twats. get to gently caress you absolute horrors. You have your own forum to post on, piss off there, you are not welcome here.

Well that's certainly a post.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Xolve posted:

That clearly explains why I've been able to join nearly every major alliance in this game though, right?

Nobody gives a poo poo about SA affiliation. Having PL in my Corp History was another matter entirely. Goons have always pretended to be the big bad boogeyman, but they've never been that- no matter how many deluded fantasies CD and the people who still style themselves as the 'Direkkktorate' in TYOOL 2022 want to believe otherwise. It's all projection, and it's hilariously wrong.

There's like two notable people in EVE that give a poo poo about Goons (outside of Goons). Neither of them are currently playing.

Gen Eve!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

almighty posted:

Gen Eve was formerly 'Gen Mladic', named after real life Ratko Mladić, found guilty of committing war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY). Of course CCP picked up on this and the character was swiftly renamed into Gen Eve afterwards.

And thus arose Gen Steve

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

learnincurve posted:

Yeh he did, the official SA eve corp.

When did Jeffrey make it "the official SA eve corp"?

Ed: I thought Lowtax (spit) made it clear he wanted nothing to do with Goonswarm - it was never 'the official SA eve corp' and neither is what you're spinning up unless Jeff says otherwise.

Are you *only* accepting members with active SA accounts?

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 24, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

TheWeedNumber posted:

wrong target fam, rust is ok

I mean IIRC Lowtax made it clear he officially wanted nothing to do with Goonswarm, so it's weird to claim to be 'the official SA eve group' because there's never been one I know of.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm really upset about this too.

Have a cat picture to cheer up then. This is Bambus.

She makes chirpy noises a lot!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

learnincurve posted:

the lowtax thing was about money wasn't it? T-shirts and stuff with the SA logo on it and he wasn't getting a cut?

I always felt he thought GSF was run by psychos and was a massive drama magnet, but you may be right too.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Dalmuti posted:

Without a space where people can have candid discussions and disagreements...

This isn't the SYQ thread in CSPAM, link please.

Edit: ok, found it, some guy 'Saladin' posted it and everyone is telling him he's an idiot.

Including our own Feliday Melody.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
One or two of the bans was for posting homegrown?

*lol* was it remdick?