Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.
:justpost:

thanks for the squeaky clean new thread. i for one am excited to see where everyone goes and hear about adventures outside of the imperium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

do not join amok.

go on.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

CainFortea posted:

Thanks fam.

Anyway this is amokedotte in a nutshell.

she's in thunderwaffe

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

CainFortea posted:

Well i'll be. She was when I knew her.

when was the last time you logged in? lol

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Zodium posted:

Groomswarm leadership is taking it so seriously that they have yet to so much as verbally disavow Alex, let alone ban him or cut ties with his business. He's not gone. He's just biding his time, and only a chump would believe otherwise.

Mittani hasn't logged into jabber for about five days now. How much disavowing is appropriate for someone who hasn't said a word or shown his face since he stepped down?

Zodium posted:

Right. It's not a question of us wanting to burn it down. Raytrum et al. aren't disavowing and banning him because Alex's supporters are so large a proportion of the management and membership that it would fatally compromise the organization's stability, and leave it a hollow shell, which Alex would then light on fire in revenge for disavowing and banning him.

Most of what I've heard is grown-rear end men being absolute loving babies about the implementation of a harassment policy and asking such questions as "Is that okay -- is that okay that I called someone a Karen? Am I gonna get in trouble for that now?" or "Well I'm just never going to talk ever again then," pretending that they have no idea how to clear the very low bar of "don't harass anyone." Like that seems to be the main topic of concern. Very, very few people that I've run into are in the Mittani Did Nothing Wrong camp, and they get talked around after a while.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

LegionAreI posted:

That being said, Calanthe for Waffe CEO. Just don't make me do mandatory paps and you'll do just fine.

i

hate

Bob Socko posted:

Cal both understands the game, and treats others with decency and respect. She'd be an excellent CEO.

all

of

.. whew okay there's no more. mandatory restorative justice sessions for all slights real and imagined! negative reimbursement - you lose a ship, you pay ME!, every friday we have a movie and and it'll either be southland tales or clueless, no discussion thank you!, RED PEN universalist unitarian services every sunday or whenever they hold them! mandatory receipt/picture checks for stocking your local free fridge! these are my promises.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Syndic Thrass posted:

Lmao cal sucks at Eve what are you talking about. However, Cal for CEO

finally someone is willing to speak the truth about me.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Mederlock posted:

You, fair lady, can :frogout: with that nonsense

i swear i will gut amok and scatter your corpses in leadership positions so help me god

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Citizen Rat posted:

Hi Deadtear. Missed you.

And fnln is doing a disservice to Ark. Not that my dad wasn't completely willing to drive down from Alaska to find my dog, but Shiny beat him to it because about an hour after I got the email from Alex saying he was divorcing me I called Ark & Shiny crying from Russia having hysterics because I didn't know what was going on, where any of my pets were, and things in Russia had gotten ... complicated. Shiny & Ark, being the stellar human beings that they are, helped me find Sitka, 'convince' Alex to sign over the necessary paperwork to get her from the kennel he'd dropped her at, and then housed her for the month until I could get back from Moscow.

Then Shiny and another Madison goon found two of my cats--Jetta & LBJ--and got them returned to me about two months after that. And then the goths found my last cat for me about 6 months after that. I've had all 3 cats & Sitka ever since and they are doing very well. Thank you to the people who were concerned for them. Please stop emailing me about it. It's very weird.

holy molars. that's even worse than i heard. hope you are doing okay, and i am very glad to hear that you have all four of your rightful family members back in your home.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Zodium posted:

Did you not anticipate this? He's not gone, he's hiding in the shadows and preparing his return. He has built up real capital, real assets, and real networks. He will use them. You have the power to disavow and ban him for the time, but that won't last, and thinking he'll just go away is like thinking the US Army will stop killing people. Going away quietly is not what Alexander "The Mittani" Gianturco does. :nsa:

:tinfoil:

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

hailthefish posted:

Prencleeve Grothsmore or whatever? Hell if I know.

I did some digging when I came back because I remember being very worried for this very unwell individual and I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/evedreddit/comments/s2z52/looks_like_prencleeve_grothsmore_is_biomassing/c4auc7x/

quote:

He got doxed, and a goon called him to his cellphone, told him to stop being an annoying gently caress and threatened to call his parents, grandmother and other family. Kid said he didn't want to "cause drama in his family" (read: "omg my parents will smack me so hard if they know I'm being such an idiot") and quit.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Dalmuti posted:

Without a space where people can have candid discussions and disagreements, its impossible to move forward. The leaks in question were weaponized as part of a failed effort to destroy the alliance, and should not be relied on as part of a checks and balances system. The leaks caused far more harm than they did good.

If people want a complaints/HR team just like real corporations to police all in game and out of game conduct, then lets adopt the whole package. That means NDA's, non-compete's and mandatory sensitivity training.

Also NDA's do not mean court battles, it can stipulate for all disputes to be settled through arbitration which is quick process. If someone feels so strongly about something they have to betray confidences, they can endure the consequences for doing so

uh oh, our d-name poster relapsed into d-name posting. :cripes:

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Jazzzzz posted:

Dalmuti actually runs counter to the d-name posting trend - but he does occasionally post unattributed psychotic reddit/GF.com content here.

tl;dr you been trolled

oh no it's from the alliance update thread lmaooooooooooooooo :wtc:

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

Wtf is 'saladin' anyhow who posted that

oh interesting, saladin who refuses to speak to me and won't tell anyone why he's not talking to me? very cool guy.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Endie posted:

How can you be here for thirteen years and not spot an obvious copy-paste? I just presumed it was another from the serried ranks of frustrated MRAs in gsf's Karmafleet cultural guard.

you are clearly very cool and smart! great job

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Literally nothing has indicated that Mittani is leaving Goonswarm. He's just "stepping back" for a moment. He's not banned (Lowtax was banned). He hasn't guaranteed he wouldn't come back (Jeff guaranteed Lowtax wouldn't be back and would have no say in the forums going forward). Goonswarm hasn't denounced Mittani (SA absolutely denounced Lowtax's behavior and let the folks he abused speak their piece(s))

theadj has said that nobody's saving a spot for mittani and he's not welcome back in leadership.

Sevorast posted:

Would Goosefleet be a good spot to land for someone who was (very) bad at the game 10 years ago and hasn't played since? I dunno, I want to check out the new stuff like especially wormholes and also these abyss deadspace things. Maybe I should just derp around in highsec for a while and figure the basics out again before joining any groups.

i think it would be. check out their discord, which is linked in the OP, and see how you feel about it!

twigplant fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 29, 2022

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

Seems most of them wandered into space GBS. Which made me mildly concerned, since I run a small content thread there, and I wasn't sure what the helldump crowd would do. But they didn't cause trouble, thankfully.

i like to remind people that if you don't give folks a place to shitpost or talk about verboten things - botting, politics, w/e - then it will leak out into places where it's *really* not wanted. oh well. welcome to the thread, nerds.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

during the great posting events of the summer, some nerd in theta was concern trolling about "b-b-but there's surely other people in the alliance who have bad opinions? what happens to them? how come the current people are getting singled out? will we go around and interview everyone and see if they have the right opinions??" and i was like no, dude, that is utterly unnecessary because those people will make themselves known after some time. et voilà.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

floppyspud posted:

Good, the sooner this poo poo gets stamped out the better.

Also it amuseuses me that the people going "oh goons these days are all woke f***" (yes I have heard someone say that) aren't like the old goons that were in goonfleet back in '06 or something, but rather are all fortress delve krabs. And the people that call other goons pubbies are pubbies! Especially karmafleet, amok and ascee seem to be better at that.

i remember being discouraged at one point for pointing out that the only people who weren't pubbies were the SA posters. apparently we didn't want to alert anyone that they were in fact the pubbies.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Reddit dude found some theta SIG leader nazi posting mask off

https://imgur.com/a/HB2Fv7i

Greg is a legit good dude and good human being and I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. He's clearly making fun of people here.

Greg's being sarcastic. Whale Sex is not and remained deeply skeptical of the vaccines throughout the pandemic. We make fun of Whale Sex frequently for his outlandish, racist, and lovely views - some of the big highlights are "it's okay to have sex with your sister if you remove the deleterious alleles," "black people have the problems they have because they won't talk like white people and live in cities," and "well I'm black and I've turned out okay so why can't every other black man turn out like me?" :cripes:

"Reddit dude" is almost certainly Avon Tillek, who recently caught a 12hr ban from Theta mumble for using the n-word and got very mad about it.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

Gonna log into Mumble to ask this exact question

yeah idk. I like Theta leadership a lot as individuals but I definitely (and loudly at times) object to their extreme laissez-faire moderation policies.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

i for one am looking forward to shooting blues and telling atrum about it

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

DerekSmartymans posted:

Is there some sort of “/assist” function in Eve, particularly a functionality to “assist this ship’s drones to the FC’s targets to make focused fire work better?”

I have two accounts that can both fly Ishtars and was wondering if there was a way to force all 10 drones to ff one target besides just flipping back and forth via Eve-O Preview to do it manually. This would also be useful for lots of other situations, coming from dual-boxing other MMOs. I figure I’m just missing this in the settings somewhere.

you generally don't want to set the FC as your drone assist target though bc even though they'll be calling targets, they don't have any offensive mods in the high slot if they're in a monitor which is a common ship to FC from (if you're in a big bloc alliance at least), and the drones will never trigger. someone in a frigate with a high scan resolution number (like an interceptor) will be a good choice.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

this guy rules. it's even in order.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

delta discord is HOME RENOVATION CENTRAL, ask us about our new cabinets and vanities!

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

come back to delta when/if able, we love you

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Tsed posted:

Most of the /r/eve mod team is a circlejerk of mods from r/Conservative, r/Republican, r/ConservativeMemes.

It's very cool.

I'll never understand how Swedish weirdo Gorski Car ended up as a r/Conservative mod. The other overlap I get but not him.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Fajita Queen posted:

Can we ban this gross weirdo too like we did the transphobe

he got permad this morning. ascee won't ban him though lol

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

mods asleep, post bootlicker takes on florida laws you don't keep up with or know much about other than what you've been spoonfed by angry youtube guys!

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Techno posted:

As a good rule of thumb, people who say that others are projecting are projecting themselves.

I didn't launder RMT plex, you did.
I didn't lie and contradict myself on every EVE-related forum, you did.
I didn't have to biomass my characters to avoid a ban, you did.

Another item to take notice of is that you are not the victim of this drama, despite your spin of 'I did accept all this RMT money but poor me.' If you are not the victim in every situation, you can't function properly. Your brain fails to fathom an adult situation of owning your poo poo and taking responsibility for your actions.

Also, for someone who hates EVE and Reddit so much, why can't you stop talking about it?

yeah, I know, Im an idiot bla bla bla. Honk honk.

i like the clown noises at the end.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Kaysette posted:

mandozer didn't biomass when he left geese but he did give all his characters away

they live on in various holes and roles in his memory

haha wait he quit again?

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Elukka posted:

I think I'll do just that. I'm really not looking for a big dramatic argument.

In fact I'm going to play the spaceship game.

weird thread for you to be in in that case

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

i keep telling people in elysium to shotgun beers in their front yard with no shirts but no one's done it yet.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

hailthefish posted:

speaking of flailing, I'd almost forgotten about this post

:thunk:

idk how this guy hasn't gotten banned yet. he's a severe chud and frequently agreed with the Identity England theta guy before he got banned from the alliance lol

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

Not An Arsonist posted:

"Holy cow, this stranger on the internet has alternative opinions! I better bring this critical information into the acceptably relevant EvE Online thread and call them names while I'm at it. That will show them!"

I also frequently disagreed with the England Theta guy, but that information isn't beneficial to your cause so I can see why you left that detail out. I'd get into it more, but I feel some outside force acting upon me, almost as if I'm not support to import drama from discord for some strange reason.

Additionally, I am nonconforming and would prefer they/them pronouns in the future if you would be so kind.

Get hosed.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

you monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

eve is my penance for all my incredible luck everywhere else. i self-flagellate.