Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Conspiratiorist posted:

Have you considered such generalizations are insulting to the people serious about effecting change from the inside??

Seeing is believing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Conspiratiorist posted:

Listen, the only way to deal with load-bearing misogyny without destabilizing your Very Important internet spaceships guild is incremental change, and if unpaid and untrained Gamers are the only people available to implement good HR practices, then you've just got to make do.

You don't actually. You can walk away. It's a video game.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

andromache posted:

Goonswarm Federation has heard the request that we retire the fatbee and all associated bee paraphenalia.

Effective immediately, I present the new, newbee:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HAHAHAHA

I can't believe you thought this was something to post. Good lord.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I hope goons in GSF see how much enthusiasm for the game has kindled precisely because people suddenly have the hope of playing the game outside the old, dead structure.

Honestly, I think it's really neat. Who wouldn't want to be part of the birth of something new? Wasn't that the excitement that built GSF in the first place?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

It's a revolution, folks

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i just remembered that i never actually played the goose game

It's a very goose good game

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Mmmhmm

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

WorkerThread posted:

lmao you guys are serious with the gifted kid stuff

Not me, I was both smart and popular with nerds and jocks alike

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

it is 2022 and there are people who still believe that a member of the GSF directorate has any power other than over the extremely narrow slice of responsibilities they have been given

illum isn't even a particularly secure channel, it's treated as only slightly better than elysium lol

Seriously, though, asking "the directorate" to enact bans or any other kind of widespread sea change is wasting your time. About the only thing they can do is drop roles, leave the alliance, and close Jabber forever.

Seems dysfunctional.

Ironic how no one has the power to do good things. Seems... familiar...

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I had all that poo poo too fnln and I actually AM fat and ugly and I turned out.... oh noo... no I didn't... I PLAY EVE TOOO.... AAAAAAGH!

In games, you can be whoever you want to be

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

So true

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Dalmuti posted:

Without a space where people can have candid discussions and disagreements, its impossible to move forward. The leaks in question were weaponized as part of a failed effort to destroy the alliance, and should not be relied on as part of a checks and balances system. The leaks caused far more harm than they did good.

If people want a complaints/HR team just like real corporations to police all in game and out of game conduct, then lets adopt the whole package. That means NDA's, non-compete's and mandatory sensitivity training.

Also NDA's do not mean court battles, it can stipulate for all disputes to be settled through arbitration which is quick process. If someone feels so strongly about something they have to betray confidences, they can endure the consequences for doing so

:wtc:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Mekchu posted:

then congrats on such an important victory

They are "grooms". We are "goons".

It's a common mistake.d

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Not anymore you aren't, lmao

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Communique from Guard Goose Phorashi - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

The Battle of JXXX[NEST] Is Joined!

A [GANDR] of Nighthawks, Drake Navy Issues, Basilisks, and assorted support was moved into [NEST] this evening and we have begun construction of our new home.

We will destroy the enemy nest, This is our home.

Join Goosefleet today, Every Ship Counts.

:honk:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Speaking as a completely new player, the corp has room for everyone.

This game is very complicated, and most of the people you'll be playing with are skilled years beyond where you'll be, but you'll find people willing to help you out with skill plans and maybe a but of seed money.

I've had a great time so far!

Oh, definitely hit someone up for a referral link. I missed the chance to do that, and left 1M skill points on the table. Oh well.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

esto es malo posted:

geese branding was possibly the best thing we could have done in echoes and honking in local drives people insane

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Mekchu posted:

dealing with esl speakers far more than anyone else in this thread, all i was saying was that words that you americans think aren't used anymore still pop up and was a possible source/reason for the name. did you miss the post where it was cleared up and i said "oh well then that's cleared up"? :shrug:

it's ok though, i appreciate the insinuations i am a racist because i dont have an american-centric worldview.

I've taught ESL, too, friend, and if I had a student unknowingly using words like that, I'd advise them to choose other words.

But that's all academic because we're talking about gamers here, who know very well what they're doing.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

hailthefish posted:

So how about that space weather?

You ever notice how space is a different color in the different faction areas?

What's the deal with that?

:jerry:

Was Minmatar space yellow before they rebelled?

Or is that how they knew they were destined for freedom?

These are the important questions I need answers to.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Sevorast posted:

I was in Goonwaffe for like 3 months back in 2012, character name is/was Seth Thorne, saw/heard so many F-slurs in that time it made me feel absolutely unwelcome so I dropped and logged out for a decade.

Stopped even coming here to SA over it too. Felt like the same people would be here and it took a couple years before I was comfortable even posting here again. Maybe that was stupid, it feels a little stupid saying it now, but whatever.

Would Goosefleet be a good spot to land for someone who was (very) bad at the game 10 years ago and hasn't played since? I dunno, I want to check out the new stuff like especially wormholes and also these abyss deadspace things. Maybe I should just derp around in highsec for a while and figure the basics out again before joining any groups.

Yes, absolutely. I was completely new a week and a half ago.

It's a good group of people and there are many tools that make wormhole life easy and profitable 📈

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

andromache posted:

Like who? You guys ran off everyone of note in GSF other than like me, bill, and occasionally a wild xttz appearance. Seems like Asher’s play is to just do poo poo better and get back to playing eve. Let his actions speak for themselves and if that’s of interest to people ITT they can give it a try.

If someone got banned and wants to give GSF a try again they can reach out to our new exec either via PM on these forums, or I can get you hooked up with him on discord. GSF is back to shooting spaceships and there’s no appetite for litigating it over.

Good lord.

Exhibit A right here.

Rust Martialis posted:

I will say that while I want Alex banned, one thing I'm not actually worried about is him ninja-ing his way back into alliance leader without a fight from the new directorate. I doubt any membercorp CEOs want him back at this stage. And line member opinion is worth ... what, exactly, ever?

As to a blanket pardon, "not happening" is my understanding, but individuals can request it. But I don't see why you would want unbanned anyhow, posters here seem pretty determined to make a new start?

Who of you would go back anyhow, given the general opinion I see here that the new leaders are idiots and Alex's patsies who are circling the wagons and perpetuating racism, sexism, etc?

That's really not the point. People who raised hell about evil poo poo being done by the leadership of an org should always be openly welcomed back, because there's no clearer sign that the new leadership accepts the criticism.

If they choose not to come back, that's up to them, but "you don't want to come back anyway" is a true cop out.

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yeah i mean they did 1

for 2, everyone i know stated that

for 3, i agree, but i'd also keep some of them kicked because they're insufferable people in general, has nothing to do with the sitch (situation, for short)

4 nah, you got scammers, robbers, theives, people who made death threats, the guy who leaked mittani's address, etc, those people can stay banned

This person really doesn't get it. Maybe they represent the leadership or the members and maybe they don't.

PhilippAchtel fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 1, 2022

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

That Works posted:

This is what it looks like when you have armchair middle management trying to paper over a CEO level HR crisis.

Claim everything is fixed, cast doubts on those asking for change, focus on getting back to normal without actually addressing many of the core problems, throw up the cowardly suggestion that they are unable to do anything further etc.

Yeah, 100%.

I have no axe to grind with any of you. It's a complete coincidence that I started playing as all this poo poo exploded, but given that fresh perspective, I think several of you should really step back and think about what you're doing here.

EvE is just a game, but you're still a real person and so are the people who your actions effect. If you just want to get back to the video game as quickly and quietly as possible after something like this blows up, if you treat people upset about that with arrogant indifference, you never deserved a position of authority in a video game guild or anywhere else.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Three-week character fun status: Still having it.

Born in High Sec
Raised in a cave
HONKing in Local
Is all I crave

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Aedaxus posted:

Most people just want to enjoy a spaceship game. No one enjoys political emails from anyone, we all pay to play a game and want to enjoy it with people. A place where everyone starts out the same way. And I am glad we as a community were able to oust some very creepy people.

The whole "please don't get *~*politics*~* in my video game space" is truly one of the most tiresome aspects of video game culture.

Doubly so when the game you're talking about is a fundamentally social one.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

:laffo:

It's honestly pretty funny to see how glib some people are about this whole episode.

Trolling or not, if you can't connect the dots about how rotten a group has to be to tolerate stuff like this, and what comes out of that... just lol.

Maybe GSF will get better, but definitely not based on what I've seen in this thread.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

"Daddy is back"

Lol lmao

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Personally, I'd be embarrassed to be part of a gaming organization whose leader referred to me as "kid" and himself as my "daddy."

Even more so after that organization publicly distanced itself from the community that made me join in the first place.

But I'm a grown man, so... :shrug:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Aedaxus posted:

I don't need helicopter emails, thank you. You can keep those to yourself.

Nah, this is a message board, and the purpose is to share with the community.

Hope that helps.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

What's ligma?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Well, good loving luck with that. The last six and a half years has, uh, put the scope of this sort of sentiment into sharp relief, generally speaking. Too big for me.

Ok, bye?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Aedaxus posted:

Maybe they identify as "in-game Gallente class cruisers" made out of "Legs™ blocks"?

:owned:

PhilippAchtel posted:

Maybe GSF will get better, but definitely not based on what I've seen in this thread.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Kesper North posted:

I can't remembert

:golfclap:

dragonshardz posted:

Gooseflock is comprised entirely of attractive to hot, young to middle-aged sexhavers

:hmmyes:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

:honk:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

All goons are spies. Every goon that applies to goonfleet is just a goonfucker in training.

Waiting excitedly for the first goosefucker.

I need to kill 5 capsuleer ships for AIR achievements... :thunk:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Still lmbo at this

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Lol @ 'won't use horn of goondor'

That summons geese now.

And we DO have a nighthawk doctrine!

Yeah, that was a weird thing to add, honestly.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Everyone calm down. We all agree GSF members deserve a place to utter slurs and (editors note: no longer allowed) discuss their losing war.

Thankfully, that space exists: Reddit

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

homercles posted:

When I tell my skip to orbit something, the orbit projection is wildly off where my ship is orbiting.

What on earth does the orbital projection map to?

How is it off? The radius is incorrect?

What's your speed and align time, and what orbit are you trying to achieve?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

haha yeah remember when this happened and the space leader gave up his position within a week?

hahaha it's a conspiracy, everyone just wants to maintain power in video games!

Oh, it only took a week. Wow, so cool.

How long were the original events covered up, by the way?

Apologies for quoting whats-his-face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

That is not what has been said, you continually exaggerate things.

Asher has said if you want back you just have to ask to rejoin, but on a case by case basis. Given the variety of ban reasons, they've said, not unreasonably, that they're not unbanning everyone banned between dates X and Y. If for no other reason then I doubt most of the banned players would *want* back in GSF.

I mean seriously, do *you* want unbanned? If not, why do you *care*?

This has been explained to you countless times. Go read.