Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

anyone still in gf who thinks that they can effect change is deluding themselves horribly

There was that time a dead comedy site had an owner with delusions of relevance beyond his obscure little corner of the world. But, more importantly, was an abuser. And some had covered for him. When it all came tumbling out, it took some time to get things sorted out and infrastructure and ownership handed over to someone else. Then he was banned forever.

On first read, I thought dragonshardz OP was unfair. I checked. It is not unfair. Coupled with the Fireside, now I understand. There is a lot of nonsense being spewed, but there are (at least) two big, glaring, inexcusable failures. Those who already left are not wrong.

There will be a new CEO in short order. Not one of current illuminati apparently. Notwithstanding what was said in the Fireside, that person who will decide what to do. Those who are still here are not necessarily delusional, especially if they've been through similar events before.

Also, I am not sure why Rust's post is getting dumped on. It seemed reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

That's not completely true. There's a level above illum where there is a better chance. People in that channel aren't expected to stay in their box.

Still, it all smacks very highly of "trying to reform the spoiled organization from the inside," which has a... we'll call it a poor track record. Also, naturally, there is no established process for deposing the CEO.

Arrest by US federal authorities worked at least once.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

DurrHurrHurr posted:

Once knew a guy who claimed that the holocaust was fake because Europe wasn't a real place, so it couldn't have happened.

It still backs into racism though, as it amounts to a denial of European colonialism.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

lollontee posted:

hey maneck, am i banned from goonswarm too?

Doesn't seem like it.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Tai posted:

Are you still bad at HoN

This inspired me to look at the website for the first time in 10 years. Good lord they added a lot of characters before the game died.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

BigPaddy posted:

I, being from Europe, can confirm I do not exist.

Says who?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Actually, he's a personal friend of mine from Toronto and you clearly have no idea what sort of person he is.

Yeah. It is hard to comprehend how addled someone would have to be to get upset with Chickenwing.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Bigbillthaboss posted:

wait who asked you for screenshots of poo poo lol

If people joined Goonwaffe with unregistered alts, they would then get kicked and be locked out for seven days. Screen shots make sure all characters are ESI registered.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

corgski posted:

It takes us a minute tops to look at a user registered in our dashboard to see that their characters have valid tokens and that they don't have any unregistered alts, or at least know enough about the wealth of data that ESI exposes to thoroughly cover their tracks on their registered alts.

Nobody needs to send us screenshots of our own goddamn dashboard to prove that they did the thing. That's dumb and bad. Why would you need that?

E: fun behind the scenes picture of our broken-rear end auth system at work. I really need to fix its reliance on depreciated asyncio functionality.

Our access is restricted to those in our forums group. People applying to join are not in that group.

hailthefish posted:

I'm not the one who wrote the auth instructions, don't ask me why.

I wrote the instructions! They are designed to work based on the tools we have. It does impose a burden on people to press print screen, and then paste the image and send it to us. If there's someone out there who is genuinely tripped up by this, go ahead and send a message to newbies@goonfleet.com explaining your situation. Could be a faulty assumption on my part.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Aug 18, 2022

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

SwashedBuckles posted:

Which FC was this? Why does EVE have so many pedos???

Probably no more than other games. EVE by conventions requires more people to expose more of their personal information to other plays, making these types of discoveries more common.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

dragonshardz posted:

On review, Goosefleet gov has chosen to part ways with lollintee.

Even when they take time, that type of change is so obviously for the better that it just feels wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

So. This isn't a Wendy's drive through.