Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

do not join amok.

And you say that based on what, exactly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dragonshardz posted:

It's still in the Imperium. You know, the organization whose leadership's self-owns spawned approximately 150 pages of posting and a goldmined thread.

I think there's still merit in a group within GSF trying to influence things on the inside and helping it chart a new, better course away from the toxicity and harassment of the past. Nobody's asking you to add it to the OP, but I and others can tell you Am0k. is a bubble of safety and respect within the Imperium. Whoever said in the last thread that Am0k is a telegram-based group in the last thread isn't wrong lol.

Anyways, I'm just asking you to not tar Amok with the same brush that you're painting the rest of the alliance with, because we're not like that, but that's just my take as a regular ole line member.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Vando posted:

People serious about effecting change would be raising merry hell until what deadtear posted gets done and should prob also be pushing for people yelling about cancel culture to follow Dear Leader out of the airlock. Can't say that seems to be happening but go ahead and prove me wrong?

You say that, but seem to be assuming that it's not happening. Not all the raising merry hell happens in Elysium or the SA thread. Some groups bring the sanitizing light of the truth out in the open and push the public perception in the right direction, like this thread has. Other groups use their influence in PM's, private/privileged channels, and other similar methods.

Anyways, I can't really defend the quality of our posting because :lmao: , but it's simply not true to say that everyone left in the Imperium are Mittani bootlickers who had lovely takes in the QA threads.

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 18, 2022

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

It is fair to say that the Mittani bootlickers who had lovely takes in the QA threads are still there and still active on Reddit, literally right now. And when we say lovely takes lets make no mistake, about it, I have had racism and homophobia thrown at me by people happily wearing goon tags after the meta show in a thread I made on Reddit about it. One imperium member got very upset at merc for not doubling down on the transphobia and was of the opinion that he was less of a man because of it.

Only you can’t see that because Reddit mods “cleaned” the thread.

Until this stops, you can all go do one quite frankly, because it does not fit into SA’s 2022 ideals.

I would like to point out that anybody can wear any tag on Reddit , and flair baiting to make a group look bad happens a lot. But I'm not discounting that there are some lovely people in the Imperium, but if you can get screenshots or logs of this sort of disgusting behaviour from these bigots in the future, it's definitely something that should be forwarded through the new harassment policy. The only way to know if those in power in the imperium are serious about changing things is by using the new system they say will handle it appropriately. And I think it's safe to assume that a lot of groups that are in the Imperium still are paying close attention to how they handle reports going forward.

Also, thank you all for putting yourselves out there for calling all this out. It needed to be said and heads needed to roll. And a lot of work still needs to happen. I'm just waiting to see how things evolve in the near future, personally.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

Thanks fam.

Anyway this is amokedotte in a nutshell.

She is not in Amok.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

Aww Don’t go after people’s spelling or writing comprehension, I post nervously with one working hand and one working eye on an iPad which punishes me by sending the Apple auto correct whappy for not updating the iOS..

you make good poasts doan worry

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

I feel personally attacked

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

imagine Cryo becoming persons undesirable in The Imperium and yet The Mittani and Innominate are not. There's a loving easy win here TheAdj/Merk/whoever takes over the alliance/coalition: Kick The Mittani/Innominate and their alts in game; ban them from all services once they have handed their out of game roles over and then permanently put them on the blacklist with zero chance of removal. That would at least prove that The Imperium is willing to break with the past

I wonder if they're leaving that move to whichever sucker ends up "in the big chair". I hope it's coming as the first set of big sweeping moves the new alliance leader makes.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I mean, it might be the only thing we would take as their word that the ~big sweeping changes~ are actually that and not just a distraction until this all blows over

Definitely a fair point. It'd also be good to see the unbanning of those who were calling this out in the forum's, even if they're justifiably not interested in returning to GSF. But until we see who's going to take the reins, by TheAdj's own admission, we won't see his provisional leadership making those moves. Which is genuinely disappointing.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sardonik posted:

Well which would you pick? :colbert:

The only answer is silence

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dialhforhero posted:

Is it practical to live in a wormhole even if you don’t have access to Pathfinder?

Or are there other 3rd party mapping tools? I guess I wonder: can anyone use Pathfinder now?

Is it even still called Pathfinder?

It's available on the interwebs if you google it. You want to host the files yourself if you want it to be maximally secure though. I think you can use it solo just off their website though

E: here's the link https://pathfinder.eve-linknet.com/

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheWeedNumber posted:

gently caress you

Dozer you don't have to always be cantankerous itt. Besides some of the submissions for this project are really neat.

Like this, for instance : https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/vdnlb7/my_rifter_entry_for_the_lego_contest/

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Feliday Melody posted:

You might need to take Joba with you because Waffe is broke and also needs support personnel.

You, fair lady, can :frogout: with that nonsense

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Solus posted:

Unblacklist me and make me CEO

Doan lie you just want to burn the whole thing down to the ground :sun:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bigbillthaboss posted:

this should be illegal and carry the minimum sentence of 10 years

edit: in b4 "much like my posting"

mlyp

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kaysette posted:

Reminder for ppl in the reports that the Ignore feature is good and cool.

Wait, people both A) report inane shitposts just because they don't like it or the poster, and B) Use the ignore feature?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous posted:

Bill is just a "Throw the spaghetti at the wall" poster. Every 1 in 20 posts he makes accidentally trips into something funny and he gets like 50 upvotes on reddit.

I guess quantity is a quality all in its own?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

WorkerThread posted:

so what do you actually "do" if you're a single account pilot living in a wormhole? i've dabbled in exploration before and i've heard of people that multibox dreads in some kind of combat sites in WHs, but how do you make isk to support your pvp habits?

ps you all should make an old geezers retirement home thread so you can talk about that one time you were space important or share stories about the awful things goons did

Huff Gas, do Exploration sites, you can run C3 wormhole anoms solo in a couple different hulls like the Praxis, I want to say Vagabond and Loki and I'm sure a bunch of other ones too. Use wormhole connections with a slippery 100mn stabber to steal ESS's. And do Wormhole PI, it's the best PI in game

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Grinch posted:

there are still directors in GSF who think BBTB saying the N word in a "rap parody" is uncontroversial because "its in the lyrics" but yeah lets keep posting about the cultural revolution lolol

Do you actually have a recording of this alleged misconduct or are you going off of hearsay?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Potato Salad posted:

It's a good day when the people still posting on SA for whatever reason are only capable of brief, empty tangents and diversions--rather than daring to even come close to touching the core subject matter of conscious endorsement of *waves arms* everything, take your pick.

We've got one guy getting lost in the weeds about sunglasses pictures, one who said nothing happened, and yet another who is sealioning for receipts when they're readily available.

They know that what happened is indefensible.

It's as close to an admission of guilt as you can get in 2022.

So do you have these receipts of Bill dropping the n word in his rap videos or what? Because I watched and listened to them all and I'm pretty sure you're wrong there :shrug: . I mean it's pretty straightforward to prove or disprove this particular claim of yours. If the guy is guilty of it it's just as simple as posting the clip.

E: and let it be known that Stephen Harper is scum, I just thought that portrait was goofy as gently caress and it was back in the days where I posted in the canpol thread

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 25, 2022

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ynglaur posted:

Serious Eve question: what NPC stations can be set, remotely, as a home station? I'm trying to get as close to Amarr as possible.

Your chosen subfraction's "school" station and I think that's it. That's one of the many reasons that caldari is the best start, because your school station is less than 10 jumps from Jita

E: also once a year you can change your clone to any station with cloning services that your corporation has an office in

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bigbillthaboss posted:

isn't the whole "Honk" thing a 4chan meme?

Their specifically referencing the Toilet Eve:Echos game, where the SA Goon group is called Goosefleet, and they do the HONK thing as a meme, similar to how MWO group WoL screams SQUAWK.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how broadly the rest of the GM team is going to align with that take. That means anyone can do a stream, and then when you get killed, make a report about it claiming you were stream sniped

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Here's some dank pubbie leaks....

Asher Elias is new Imperium leader and head of GSF

Make sure you bring your hauler alts to carry all the refits

https://twitch.tv/videos/1545460135

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dalmuti posted:

chili better have beans in it

It's also better with umami bombs like marmite, worcestershire, and straight high test MSG

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

Well, at least at this moment. Tomorrow can always bring a new fresh hell.

If there's one thing we learnt from the last thread.... it's that there's always a bigger skeleton waiting to tumble out of the closet

CainFortea posted:

Putting marmite in chili is worse than boiling ribs.

Like this hot take

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How about we stop posting about shitposting and post about this stupid loving game? Btw if you're fresh to wormhole space, the PI there is the best in the game, and with 16-20 planets you can make billions per month making P4's, if whatever hole you settled in has the proper spread of planets. If not, you can still likely get a good p3 setup rollin, but you'll also get an RSI from all the clicking... Bring yer icepacks. Check out https://hanns.io/pi to get a feeling for what you can make in your system

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

I would have made absolute bank if I'd remembered to fit a gas scoop today

Oh definitely, gas huffing is very good isk right now! The low-sec mykoserocin sites are also really good, so keep an eye out for those too. Make sure to bring a gnosis along wit dah gooses huffing farts, the boosts they bring to all the ventures/prospects/barges and their own yield is very, very good. Here's a couple fits if you want. T1 scoops for no waste, or you can roll T2 scoops/harvesters to maximise yield if you don't think you'll clear the site within the 18 minutes before the sleepers show up (if you have no means to kill them). The barges don't make much sense because their T1 harvesters are freakin garbo for yield, and the T2 have absolutely brutal waste. The T1 harvester covetors have decent yield, but the T1 venture harvests ~90% of the T1 covetor for a fraction of the price, so.. yeah. Anyways here ya go

Gnosis, scanner+depot in cargo for emergencies, T2 huffer refit stays in station and only used if you can't clear the sleeper spawn
code:
[Gnosis, huffing]

Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

Large Shield Extender II
Compact Multispectrum Shield Hardener
Large Shield Extender II
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster, ECCM Script
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
F-90 Compact Sensor Booster, ECCM Script

Gas Cloud Scoop I
Gas Cloud Scoop I
Gas Cloud Scoop I
Gas Cloud Scoop I
Gas Cloud Scoop I
Mining Foreman Burst II, Mining Laser Optimization Charge

Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Medium Processor Overclocking Unit I
Medium Cargohold Optimization II

Hornet EC-300 x5
Infiltrator II x5

Mining Foreman Mindlink

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
Mobile Depot x1
Gas Cloud Scoop II x5
Core Probe Launcher I x1
Venture, refit to core probe launcher if no one else has one, T2 refit stays in station as needed
code:
[Venture, Gas]

Warp Core Stabilizer II

Medium Shield Extender II
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Cetus Scoped Burst Jammer

Gas Cloud Scoop I
Gas Cloud Scoop I
Prototype Cloaking Device I

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints II
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

Hornet EC-300 x2

Gas Cloud Scoop II x2
Core Probe Launcher I x1
Fast Align T1 Covetor, T2 refit same as above
code:
[Covetor, Cheeki breeki Gas Huffer]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Warp Core Stabilizer II

Sensor Booster II, ECCM Script
Sensor Booster II, ECCM Script

Gas Cloud Harvester I
Gas Cloud Harvester I

Medium Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

Acolyte II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Mobile Depot x1
Gas Cloud Harvester II x2
Core Probe Launcher I x1

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 31, 2022

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bigbillthaboss posted:

holy poo poo I never thought of the Gnosis for gas huffing, thanks for the suggestion

I love using gnosises for hacking and random poo poo, I think they're severely underestimated w/ respect to utility

Read the megathread in the corp forums, Bill ;p

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mandalay posted:

Is there a newbie thread for (re) learning eve? Or just talking about how to play game instead of space politics? I can’t keep up with the pace of drama in this thread.

Are you in a good corp yet? Usually the first step is to start there. Most big alliances have resources in their forums for newbies or returning players, and smaller groups have people who will be willing to help you out

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

andromache posted:

Also we need to find a new terrible game to play together. Life is Feudal was terrible and fun. New World with delta came close but it only took us a month to realize how bad that was.

Come play Sea of Thieves with Amok, its pretty dope. If you see Travis Wells or Rockafella unmuted in our Other Games channel its a fair bet that's what we're playing.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dalael posted:

Stick to talking about your WH corp and dont let these idiots derail you from having fun.

There's one thing people arent doing enough, its posting about EVE the game. And when it comes to EVE, wormholes arent discussed enough.

100% agree with you, but who other than Globby going "Lol at your killboard nErDz" is actively trying to get in the way of Goosefleet having fun doing their own thing in this thread? I honestly wish them the best, and hope they bring some good fights to us when their chain leads them to Delve. More people doing things in space is a good thing in my book.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bigbillthaboss posted:

2. Holy poo poo when did triple ancillary marauders become a thing, I completely missed this. This is loving hilarious - it's like the new triple ASB rorqual from 5 years ago (who remembers those nightmares?):

This is a poo poo-fit and it barely tanked compared to what it could have if it had a better fit. NOS's on a BS is pants on head silly, the triple Ancil's are dumb because you have no long term sustain, especially if you run out of charges. The Officer co procs add nothing to the fit except useless bling, he wasn't even using a low grade crystal pod, he has no way to grapple/web down smaller ships, there's just so much wrong with that fit

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

I hindsight and maybe going forward GSF needs a position within leadership of a Naysayer. Every time a director has a dumb idea. There should be someone semi-immune from blacklisting / purging who tells them how stupid that idea is if it is indeed stupid. A voice of dissonance to keep the leadership sane.

Goon Court Jester I like it

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

There are still going to be gate rats. Just no double spawns of gate rats+asteroid belt rats anymore.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Coasterphreak posted:

I was thinking phoon with nanos and a mwd because my main has min bs 5 and frankly it will be a really funny km when it dies

Maelstroms are dope in ESS too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rudeboy Detective posted:

If they're managing to catch bots before they warp off it's possible the ishtar's aren't switching off rats to them, I guess.

I think it's just as simple as the Kiki is orbiting at 20 km at max speed with their mwd on, and the heavies literally can't keep up. Look at his speed rig and low and the bling MWD