Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

BigPaddy posted:

RIP my super cap dude. Entombed in an Aeon forever unless I want to suicide it into whoever lives in Dek these days.

Is this long enough ago that you were safe-logged in a POS or safe, or were you logged out in a Keepstar?

If the first, a lot has changed about fighters in the last decade, and supers with too many fighters in their bays are actually incapable of jumping. If that sounds like it might be a problem, try filing a GM ticket — they will likely move your logged off Aeon to a lowsec station for you so you can unfuck its fit and then undock and jump it somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Feliday Melody posted:

Were they dropping those Forts?

They’re fitted, cored, and fueled

So more like they were dropping a deuce

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Voyager I posted:

We need Ullerm to come back so the thread can have one categorically good poster.

Thread can’t be redeemed, OP. Just unbookmark it and take your memories of the good times with you.

(I’m back to winning eve, but the Goosefleet folks seem cool, and I strongly suggest they make a separate thread so that the “is illum actually a bad thing, and can/should GSF redeem itself” prattle can be contained to this damned place.)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

40 lbs to freedom posted:

cant help but notice no one said muninns or capitals

People love what they have fond memories of, and Muninns are a weird unitasker ship in Eve that pretty much only has one thing it excels at -- big fleets for sov warfare. Unless you're an FC, or happened to be caught in some very weird and memorable engagements, you probably don't have any really strong fond memories of any time you were in a Muninn.

All my fondly remembered moments from Beeitnam were in ships other than Muninns. Thrashers and tornados, obviously. Torp bombers for shooting gates behind enemy lines. A hyperspatialed probing Eris, from that final day when they tried to drop rail Tengus in our backyard. Rail Thoraxes. Harpies, both blaster and rail. Plated RR Vexors and AC Ruptures.

For my entire eve time, my big three would be the Taranis, Enyo, and Buzzard. (And an absurd Osprey I once flew in a PvP tourney; it had a cap lifetime of 18 seconds, just enough time for you to inject and reload. I had one booster left when we won.)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

..... they lost almost 80 timers in three days?

That was back in August, when the FRAT-vs-BRAVE war was heating up. FRAT yanked TEST's chain and told them to do a full deploy to Pure Blind to assist with the war, with a promise that they'd get Deklein and Fade as new homes if the war concluded in FRAT's favor.

(This should sound really familiar to Beeitnam vets.)

Of course, the minute TEST moved out of Outer Passage and into the staging grounds in Pure Blind, their home poo poo started getting hit by the locals. They decided to abandon it and transfer the IHubs to Pandemic Horde, and commit fully to Pure Blind. Which, needless to say, hasn't gone well -- BRAVE et al have been able to win the battles they can, and timezone-tank their way out of the battles they can't.

(This should ALSO sound really familiar to Beeitnam vets.)

TLDR: London Calling Lowsec Calling, to the faraway clowns.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I know we were all encouraged to skill alpha alts into feroxes, but I didn't know if someone had run the numbers to see what sort of critical mass would be needed to actually put the thing into reinforcement

Oh, the numbers were ran. There's enough Feroxes there to comfortably get it done even in max TiDi with heavy losses to defenders + random shmucks.

(The question is if there's enough pilots -- with the PCU where it is, I'm not sure if any entity in Eve could put enough pods in those idle ships to get it done. Even when Goons were at their full strength post-Beeitnam, the sheer amount of HP + TiDi would have made killing the TTT an all-day, multi-timezone affair.)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Xolve posted:

Can we stop posting about posters?

This whole thread is starting to look more and more like a meth-fueled idiot circus.

objection, this thread would give a bad name to both meth and circuses

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

The Culinary Institute of America is powerful

to be fair, both cooks and spooks are motivated by cocaine

lollontee posted:

i've no idea why you hate me for one, except maybe i'm like some kind of satanic symbol in your twisted perception of reality, as the only person ever to present you with criticisms of your political perspectives, but other than that, please take a chill pill mate

:gb2gbs:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Furnok Dorn posted:

how does this thread constantly deliver so often

it has long refractory periods where nothing happens, and then it erupts in a shower of interesting posting

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 16, 2022

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Solus posted:

More like Eve-Spam

True, but since someone brought up culinary poo poo earlier:

Spam musubi is ideal pub grub, change my mind.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Is there even anything going on in the game atm? I put on my waders and trudged into the open-air septic pool that is r/eve, and it looks like we're in an absurd quiet period.

In lowsec:
* The FW folks apparently have some storyline thing going on with building gates and poo poo
* Snuff and Deepwater do random throwdowns with caps in lowsec that pull in hundreds of people on both sides, which looks fun.

In nullsec:
* PAPI vs Brave/Volta/Bl0b has gone mostly cold in Pure Blind due to a mix of citadel TZ tanking, FRAT making GBS threads the bed with the lights on, and several of FRAT's Valued Allies dying. So they just shoot each other's low-end citadels and have good fights, which is respectable I guess but also loving embarassing for FRAT and PH.

* Goons are krab people, when they aren't third-partying on Brave/FRAT fights. If there was ever a public resolution for INIT using weasel words to gently caress them in the rear end in a top hat, I never heard about it.

* PH are krab people, when they aren't third-partying on lowsec fights or getting their leash yanked by FRAT to come help in Pure Blind.

And in wormholes, nobody can hear you honk.

There's basically not much to talk about at the moment, other than the skirmishes in Pure Blind and how low the PCU is and how utterly ugly the new Photon UI is.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

psilocybin laden posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/103975479/

for anyone that wants to have a giggle at the expense of dunkarys

Not even an officer damage control? Them's rookie numbers, son

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Stubb Dogg posted:

What happened to economist they had? I know all the mobile games these days obsess over their in-game economy to make sure people keep on buying coins and poo poo, while keeping it still fun enough that retention doesn't sink, but EVE was kind of forerunner in that they had someone who actually knew their poo poo looking at the in-game economy.

He left CCP in 2014. (He's now the president of the University of Akureyri.)

The Rorqual rebalance, Scarcity, and nearly all of the bullshit that followed, was after his watch.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

red tracksuits and redder balance sheets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

lol lmao, Amokdotte continues their tradition of taking anyone with a pulse