Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
Talk to me about Goosefleet and the resurrection of Hole Squad. I am curious in all the right ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

I was in the old-school Holesquad when it was Schned's project, back then it was more about profits then content. Eventually we were evicted, think the group was called Ragnarok or something. When i wasn't paying attention Dod rebooted the squad and i ran into them one day when i was loving around lowsec. Instantly signed up and had good times all around, and i stayed with them to the end. He helped shape Holesquad into the legend it's known for today. I've also flown with Vilgan's group and can say they are a pretty great bunch of nerds, though i've lost touch as life picked up. Though i haven't had time for the wormhole lifestyle, i hope they are still doing their thing and thriving.

Wormholes are a 10/10 experience and you have never truly internet spaceshiped until you've been in and out of other peoples holes for a living.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

here is the series of events that killed hole squad

0. Dod Kalm, noted drinking buddy of Alexander "the Mittani" Gianturco, goes turbo afk
1. Madcows acts up one too many times and gets banned. People will meme about "falcon srp" but the dude was wildin out all over the place
2. Certified cool dudes and hole squad leadership members Saya and Machine Culture give madcows docking rights to an alliance structure to help him evac his poo poo out of the hole
3. Saya and Machine Culture are banned
4. Nex Dementia, the de facto leader of hole squad, goes ballistic on various alliance leadership figures, gets banned
5. Dod Kalm shows up in a few threads and mewls about "his squad" despite not having logged in even a single time during the goku null static roaming days
6. Most of the useful members of hole squad leave
7. Hole squad limps on and eventually closes

Confirming this is a pretty accurate description of events. It's a drat shame really, we always assumed we would die in a last stand type conflict staring down a "gently caress Goons" style eviction. In the end, space dad left for cigarettes' and forgot the way home, and the teens left home shitposted too close to the sun.

After "The Incident", many of Hole Squads leadership and core members were either kicked, banned, or left of their own accord, disgusted with the way things went down. Personally, i also heavily disagreed with the ridiculousness of it all, but i chose to stay and try to pick up the pieces. We had a meeting after the dust settled to figure out where to go from here. Nearing the end of the meeting, Dod surprised me with the gift of responsibility in the form of director status, and suddenly i found myself neck deep in Hole Squads problems.

The master plan was to return to Goku (our origin C4 wormhole) and recruit new blood to bring the squad back to life, but things would never make it that far. About a week after everything went down, Mitten's gave the order to shut down Hole Squad. The decision was final, with no room to dispute. Halfway through moving assets and men home to Goku, we now had to tear down and evac everything. Though i didn't know the first thing about being a director, i was very versed in wormhole logistics and not getting caught. To that end, i made every effort to help each nerd stuck in limbo get their poo poo packed and into known space. I also had the joy of helping tear down the citadels and local infrastructure of our home. But for my efforts i swiped a very special structure, the 5-17 POS tower "The Toonie Bin", which i was assigned to live in before the age of citadels came around. I still have it.

In about a month, it was done. Goku was empty and the squad was essentially no more. Dod kicked any inactive members out of the corporation, and kept it alive as an alt corp. I stayed to the very end until there was nothing more to be done. And aside from Dod Kalm and his alts, i was the very last member of Hole violence. And that's the final chapter to Hole Squad.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Necros posted:

who are you in game

Why do you ask? I was never someone overly important, or some high score goodposter. Just a nerd in an internet spaceship guild who cared a bit too much about the people I flew with.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Bad Purchase posted:

is mittani still posting on the goonfleet forums? i don't have access. that would definitely be pretty disgusting if he is and people aren't dogpiling him.

His account has been inactive since the day he stepped down.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

How about them spaceships? My favorite is the Rifter. What's yours?

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Bob Socko posted:

maybe we should reboot the thread

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

What if we reboot a new good thread but don't tell the bad posters and leave them here to slapfight?

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Drama? In your Eve thread? It's more likely then you think.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

How is Dod lately? Last i spoke with him he seemed to have hit a spot where he stopped undocking irl. I genuinely hope he's in better spirits and got life back in him.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

corgski posted:

Who did that, because it wasn't me or dragonshardz and we can :commissar: line members who doxx people.

Pretty sure they are referencing Dozer when they tried throwing poo poo at Asher about their army career.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Mr. Grinch posted:

not Asher, andromache is Atrum

no wonder offsite poo poo is confusing to thread tourists

I am bad and this is correct. It's been a long day, forgive me.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

andromache posted:

The imperium controls the two constellations into Detorid. PH has moved their entire supercap fleet down to Detorid and promised their guys a “proper war,” but won’t leave Detorid for it. Now that we’ve secured the routes into and out of Detorid, we are burning down all the poo poo behind us that we bypassed, while PH is likely to do gently caress all besides sit in Detorid and spin that somehow into a win.

Without getting into specifics, how much big dick energy does their super/titan fleet have after M2?

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Dunno why you're posting this garbage here, when GSF has cut all ties with this dead comedy forum so stop posting this garbage. We don't loving care

Because this is not the GANDR PGS thread, but the general Eve thread, for all Eve related bullshit. I do not recall seeing anywhere in the opening of this thread where we are gatekeeping and "No posting about Goonswarm" is an enforceable rule. There are people here interested in seeing these things, despite what narrative you and any other of Goosefleets members want to try and run with.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

TheAdj and Asher have made it clear this dead forum has nothing to do with Nonceswarm, so yeah, you can gently caress right off with that. If you want to talk about GSF, make a thread in PGS

How about you gently caress off right back to my last post and re-read the part where i mention "all Eve related bullshit". I have no problem with you or anyone else dying on the "gently caress Goonswarm" hill. My point remains, this thread is for any and all Eve discussion. Even if Imperium has detached from SA, there's no reason we can't talk about them. Don't bitch at someone for trying to :justpost: current happenings.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

I'm not sure how Kaysette puts up with all of you nerds and your grand egos on a daily basis, but I have genuine sympathy and respect for their responsibilities. Not that this is overly relevant to any particular recent post, I'm just certain that he's once again reviewing the near constant slap fights and want them to know they are appreciated.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Bigbillthaboss posted:

May 2011 reg date.
The last thing anyone wants to do, aside from the rabid hateful 8 of you fomenting about anything Goon related, is come into a SomethingAwful thread allegedly about spaceships (because guess what? some people still like to participate in EVE discussion or learn from other!) and sift through 100s of pages containing nothing more than a perpetual circulation of bitterness posts that collectively emanate an eye-watering stench of insatiable psychological egoism and bad faith grandstanding.

I don't wish to further encourage the badposting of the creature that is BBTB, but he's right here. It's become incredibly tedious to try and post anything productive here when a handful of people continue to consistently inject hate, spite, and ego in the majority of their responses every time this thread starts to calm down. I'll wake up and see 2 new pages of nothing but slapfighting, short crude responses, and people posting about posting (yes, i know the irony of this statement). We know you're mad about certain people and events, and I'm not saying you should stop being mad, but maybe we can do more with this thread then perpetually circling back? Please, even for Kaysette's sake?

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Potato Salad posted:

^ Dude, Bill and others might be attempting to frameless like their innocent posters who are getting unfairly dogpiled on the regular, but that doesn't make it true. if you go and pull on the thread of how these blow ups evolve, it starts with somebody deliberately throwing a hand grenade.

It's deliberate, and they know it. The cute little game of taking the first shot then loudly claiming innocence and victimhood is old and tired.

I'm not saying it isn't intentional, what i'm getting at is it goes both ways. BBTB's rant's meant to stir the pot are just as productive as people constantly gaslighting, or dropping "Lmao" or "gently caress off" at drat near every opportunity presented to them to do so. Can we move beyond that, maybe not all of the time, but just most of the time?

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

40 lbs to freedom posted:

whats evertones favorite ship to fly

Rifter or any variant of it. The Wolf is especially great to run around in, but if i could have an infinite number of any ship in the game, it would definitely be a Rifter. Also, i would give my left nut to fly and die in a Freki.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

dragonshardz posted:

got to love the reddit turds in Imperium saying i was "the most toxic" on my way out of the Imperium

I'll say it here, but only because the allegations are mostly true.

dragonshardz posted:

oh no how dare i think an old money goon is obfuscating legitimate activity from me without breaking the rules

oh dear

how could delta do this?

The same old money goon with a large history of shady behavior? How dare you question their current shady behavior!

Nah, i don't think many people are swallowing the "we didn't know" perspective. But it is entertaining to watch you nerds spin things and continue to throw fresh filters into the virtue signal generator hoping it stays running.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Kaysette posted:

add doomheim to the list of corps to join in the OP

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

"Holy cow, this stranger on the internet has alternative opinions! I better bring this critical information into the acceptably relevant EvE Online thread and call them names while I'm at it. That will show them!"

twigplant posted:

he's a severe chud and frequently agreed with the Identity England theta guy before he got banned from the alliance lol

I also frequently disagreed with the England Theta guy, but that information isn't beneficial to your cause so I can see why you left that detail out. I'd get into it more, but I feel some outside force acting upon me, almost as if I'm not support to import drama from discord for some strange reason.

Additionally, I am nonconforming and would prefer they/them pronouns in the future if you would be so kind.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

Yes calling people out is definitely worse than stalking, gang rape, or any of the horrific poo poo that came out in last year’s threadnaught. Thank you for tone policing.

I'm not sure what kind of brainrot you have where you think I would downplay any of the horrific things that came out of that mess even ironically. I prefer my violence exclusively in an internet spaceship variety, thank you.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

I too appreciate RMT

Alas, how about those spaceships?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

Potato Salad posted:

Not An Arsonist is typing...