Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

:siren:THE EVE THREAD IS NOW HERE: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4040840:siren:

:honk: THIS IS THE MESSY GOOSE DRAMA THREAD UNTIL WE GET BORED OF IT :honk:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

RECOMMENDED CORPS/ALLIANCES
In heavily biased order of coolest to least cool.

Goosefleet [GANDR]: The Hole Squad reboot you're looking for. We live in w-space, honk in local, and also accidentally a sov and it turns out the wormhole upgrade for IHUBs is actually kind cool?

Prismatic Legion [PRISM]: A larger w-space group that is extremely queer, run by queers, and includes queer allies. They're back in w-space, so click this finely crafted link to wormhole.gay

GoonWaffe [GEWNS]: The longest continuously extant and largest (in terms of body weight) goon-based EVE corp. They host a highly industrialized "worker's paradise" down in Delve, with large fleets multiple times a day, as well as smaller specialized fleets. You can read more about them in their PGS thread.
⠀⠀⠀⠀I would not recommend joining GEWNS until there's been some more organizational change to prevent certain abuses of power.

The Greater Goon [GROON]: Weird pineapple people in Syndicate or something. Pretty dead, though. Check 'em out on Discord.

Brave Collective [BRAVE]: They're...okay.

CORPS AND ALLIANCES TO AVOID
  • Imperium corps/alliances other than GoonWaffe
  • No Forks Given [SPORK]
  • Psychotic Tendencies [TISHU]
  • Bad-Touch [DTF]
  • Snuffed Out [B B C]
  • ur dunked [YIKES]
  • Shadow Cartel [SHDWC]

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 19, 2023

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

causticBeet posted:

gently caress fcon

loving THANK YOU I WAS TALKING WITH SOMEONE AND TRYING TO REMEMBER WHICH DICKHEADS WOULDN'T SET HOLE SQUAD BLUE SO WE EXPLODED THEIR poo poo SOMETIMES.

Not An Arsonist posted:

Talk to me about Goosefleet and the resurrection of Hole Squad. I am curious in all the right ways.

Right now the plan, as I understand it, is to organize and figure out what the gently caress, get everyone up to speed, then try to make friends with PRISM.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rust Martialis posted:

I mean it's not like SA of all places telling people not to join GSF is really going to have a measureable effect on recruitment to the alliance at this point.

It's a bit insulting to those SA posters who are still in CFC and who are apparently serious about effecting change. But until clear and convincing evidence is shown that a real seachange has happened, it's for the best, I suppose.

Edit: maybe don't recommend BRAVE so quickly from the feedback already either?

Your input has been noted and directed to the appropriate receptacle.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Cenodoxus posted:

It might be helpful to include an overview of the different account types for old and new players, since that was another semi-recent change.

In typical "the first hit is always free" fashion, EVE now has two tiers of accounts:

Alpha - The free tier
  • Limited selection of ships, modules, and skills, but plenty of opportunities to cause mayhem
  • You gain skill points at a slower rate and can only train skills up to a certain level
  • Although you are not limited on how many accounts you can have, you can only be signed in on one Alpha account at a time

Omega - The paid tier
  • Faster skill training
  • No restrictions on ships, modules, and skills
  • You're able - and sometimes incentivized depending on play style - to run multiple Omega accounts at once

A good number of players do pay for Omega entirely in-game through income-generating activities like ratting, salvaging, industrial production, and even scamming other players.

CCP recently upped the Omega monthly subscription from $15 to $20, though they frequently run specials with steep discounts for longer subscription periods or multi-account discounts.

Accounts can go back and forth between Alpha and Omega status without penalty. Any Omega skills, ships, and modules you possess on your characters are simply locked out until you resubscribe.

thanks, good idea. adding.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

WorkerThread posted:

is it possible to enjoy wormholes with a single account? there were a lot of things i liked about eve but always hated the normalization of everyone having 3+ accounts. i quit playing after the last war and the price increased seemed like the final nail but i've never tried living in a wormhole.

I did for years. You will need an eagle eye on D-scan and deep pockets to replace your inevitable losses, but it's doable.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Mederlock posted:

And you say that based on what, exactly?

It's still in the Imperium. You know, the organization whose leadership's self-owns spawned approximately 150 pages of posting and a goldmined thread.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Conspiratiorist posted:

Have you considered such generalizations are insulting to the people serious about effecting change from the inside??

Mederlock posted:

I think there's still merit in a group within GSF trying to influence things on the inside and helping it chart a new, better course away from the toxicity and harassment of the past. Nobody's asking you to add it to the OP, but I and others can tell you Am0k. is a bubble of safety and respect within the Imperium. Whoever said in the last thread that Am0k is a telegram-based group in the last thread isn't wrong lol.

Anyways, I'm just asking you to not tar Amok with the same brush that you're painting the rest of the alliance with, because we're not like that, but that's just my take as a regular ole line member.

:rubby:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

lollontee posted:

what a stupid game

The only winning move is not to play.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Mederlock posted:

You say that, but seem to be assuming that it's not happening. Not all the raising merry hell happens in Elysium or the SA thread. Some groups bring the sanitizing light of the truth out in the open and push the public perception in the right direction, like this thread has. Other groups use their influence in PM's, private/privileged channels, and other similar methods.

Anyways, I can't really defend the quality of our posting because :lmao: , but it's simply not true to say that everyone left in the Imperium are Mittani bootlickers who had lovely takes in the QA threads.

Nobody said that, fool, the OP says the leadership and majority of membership is behind the times.

learnincurve posted:

SsssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssSSSSSSssssssssssssssss My pink boa constrictor max that I rescued him from a toilet roll.

Amok is not getting in the OP other than the poo poo list, it’s a no, end of. New thread goose. HONK

:haibrower:

Don't talk with your mouth full of bootleather. It's impolite.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 18, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Mederlock, I have some pieces of advice for you:

1. Stop posting
2. Lurk more
3. Read the room
4. Definitely do not send people PMs about how you're trying to have an honest debate, I swear, please be nice to me.

Maneck posted:

On first read, I thought dragonshardz OP was unfair. I checked. It is not unfair. Coupled with the Fireside, now I understand. There is a lot of nonsense being spewed, but there are (at least) two big, glaring, inexcusable failures. Those who already left are not wrong.

I'm an eminently reasonable lady, most of the time.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

learnincurve posted:

Honk if you read that as respectable lady

honk

That's my secret, LC, I'm always respectable.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Foehammer007 posted:

Promoting brave is bad but go goose fleet

Given that the other options are PanFam or Frat, Brave is the best option for anyone who wants that big nullbloc life.

Kazinsal posted:

So is Goosefleet going to be the "official" SA corp? If so I might come back. Still need to drop waffe and move my poo poo to asset safety and find some way to get my rear end out of GE- to wherever we'd be setting up shop.

:honk:

The idea is for it be the official SA corp, yes. If you're still in GSF, get your poo poo out of GE- to lowsec before you drop corp.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Mapache posted:

Wait, why is bad-touch on this list?

Sourced from Johnny 5 Jaces, so idk ask him

Kazinsal posted:

Rad, thanks. The Discord link in the second post of the thread seems to be broken, or maybe that's just my end? Just opens a blank new tab for me.

whoops

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

andromache posted:

Goonswarm Federation has heard the request that we retire the fatbee and all associated bee paraphenalia.

Effective immediately, I present the new, newbee:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jesus loving christ, atrum

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rhymenoserous posted:

There's a little part of me that wishes we could build one corp for ~gewns~ again and grow it from organically sourced goons but really that's just because I don't want to go hunting for a new home every time I log into this loving game two years after the last time.

That's the one thing I loved about the swarm and it was ruined. Rip.

Check the first link in the second post in the thread, fam.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

feedmegin posted:

Not to defend Imperium dudes but...how? Same with the people who complain the directorate won't make heads roll. What concrete action do you think a director can take here, go round Mittani's house with a baseball bat? This isnt real life. There isn't actually a way of doing a Death of Stalin style housecleaning.

Ban The Mittani on goonfleet.com

Unban Deltas who were airlocked for "mass shitposting".

Now is the time for the directorate to make moves toward reparative action, instead of punishing activists for upsetting the status quo.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Mapache posted:

We thank you, Johnny, for the gift of your body's moisture.

hmm i wonder why people might hold that alliance in poor regard

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Go back to C-SPAM.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Does anyone who got got during The Troubles actually WANT amnesty?

It's t'principle of it. Even if I wouldn't take the amnesty right away, I shouldn't have to ask for it - it should just be granted and I should be treated just like any other person who left GSF to go ride bikes elsewhere.

A blanket amnesty for everyone who got banned for being on, y'know, the right side of things (aka ~~causing drama~~) is a pretty basic level of reparations.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Vanadium posted:

"Amnesties" would be a positive signal because the whole "people who get upset and make noise are dangerous schismatics that must be purged for the good of the swarm" shtick is kinda what got GSF into this situation. Like, let's demonstrate that solving for-real issues is more important than enforcing respect for forum rules and leadership.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Good Dumplings posted:

lol and lmao

tag yourself, I'm the part where banned delta posters are "assholes beyond the pale"

I'm the poster who "made 100+ posts in the Q&A thread despite not having a legitimate GSF character for at least two days that we noticed" and "wholly deserved" to be banned.

No mention of the fact that the auth scripts weren't running properly for days.

:rubby:

E: Also, guess this proves the system will not meaningfully change. No disavowals, no amnesties, nada.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Zodium posted:

Alex will start by laying groundwork through pulling on his network to downplay and diffuse the details and emotional impact. Then, he'll return as a professor emeritus sort of regular member, just hanging and shooting the poo poo, being a cool guy who's learned his lesson now. Finally, when the organization next comes under pressure, he'll sigh, and ever so reluctantly respond to the membership's growing calls for his triumphant return to leadership.

playbook.txt

yeah that's about what i expect

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Shut the gently caress up, globby

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

learnincurve posted:

Reminder that goosefleet is a rapidly becoming a thing, details first page. Hole squad part ducks.

no, geese. sheesh.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Potato Salad posted:

We're only one week after sexual harassment, pedophilia, queerbashing, and other horrible markers of lovely people resulted in a huge calamity, and already the alliance's leaders are equivocating about reversing judgments against the people who went to bat for the victims.

I'm mildly disappointed, but hardly suprised.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

hailthefish posted:

I think that was the breaking point for a lot of people ITT, and importantly it's something that we have the receipts for.

ALL the other 'rear end in a top hat mittens' stuff is icing on the cake, demonstrating that it's not a one off event but rather a consistent pattern of behavior.

So it boils down to people who are okay with that behavior, and people who aren't.

So far all the language about mittens' departure, from the man himself and from TheAdj and others still 'in', has been focused much more on the negative publicity and the drama and not wanting to deal with the accusations, which strongly implies that those making those statements don't actually have any problem with that behavior.

And the anger from those who are now 'out' because they were not okay with that behavior isn't performative wokeness or sour grapes or ancient bitterness or whatever, it's because they value the connection to the ~space tribe~ and are left feeling horrified and betrayed by what was being done by and concealed by the people entrusted to lead it.

qft, you make good post

also, i appreciate this forum for providing a medium by which certain posters can ensure they will never, under any circumstances, be allowed entry into Goosefleet.

Raged and DARPA, y'all can both go get hosed forever.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 24, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

lol

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

The funniest part by far was losing our baby astra in lowsec in true goon fashion.

Nope, not in lowsec. Highsec.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Lol how?

We're on the case... we meant to do this...

Not sure. I uncloaked my hauler, hit my prop mod to boost into warp...and then there were locks, tackle, being shot, dead.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

learnincurve posted:

are you describing a high sec gank?

Yup. Wasn't in a usual pipe like Uedama. On gate in Gheth.

Vilgan posted:

Kind of crazy to leave on a trip for 2 weeks with some outrage bubbling to come back to Mittens gone and like 300 pages of posts here and in the old new thread.

While I didn't fit in with GSF (cultural revolution still had a ways to go), I really liked Init. The only reason I left is because I despised mittens and refused to be a part of a large org with him at the head. Was a bit weird bailing on my squad while quietly suppressing "but I can't loving stand our coalition leader" as the reason for departing. Sounds like they are still around (the wormhole dudes), no clue how many have left GSF over recent events.

For goosefleet: I assume you can figure it all out, but if you want a nice pathfinder setup you might want to reach out to Ajaxify. He is an SA poster and did some nice custom updates for our group there that I'd assume he'd be up for sharing.

Wormholes are good poo poo :) When you have a large group of actives, could also bounce over to pochven for some larger group pvpve. Good isk and more conducive (imo) to group pve stuff when you have 8-15 people active. Foxholers and various other wormhole groups do that periodically as well.

Glad to see mittens gone, curious to see if this results in real actual tangible change.

Thread start mentions Brave as a landing place, but there's also Volta and the GTC if Brave doesn't appeal but you like the idea of being a part of the most interesting war going on atm (imo) :). And is a pretty competent/fun group as well.

What would you say is specifically attractive about Volta and the GTC? And where would you rate them in the list from most to least cool?

Also, if you lose EVE again, come join Goosefleet. I'll pass along the info about Ajaxify to the folks doing the grunt work on GANDR tech.

twigplant posted:

uh oh, our d-name poster relapsed into d-name posting. :cripes:

:ssh: It's a copy-paste of a bad take on Goonfleet dotte com

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Normal Barbarian posted:

What happened with holesquad after the SQWID schism, anyhow? Did it get rebooted?

Whole Squid mostly plays other games, now.

Also it wasn't exactly a schism, they were forced out for bullshit reasons.

Goosefleet is the Hole Squad reboot you're looking for.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

RazNation posted:

I don't know. I do not think I have ever seen a white person get red-misted in the panties when called that name.

Maybe it means something to a redneck who has social issues but then having a person dropping the N word seems to be a huge no-no but when a black person does it, nothing is said.

I'm confused.

"Why can't I use a slur but the demographic that it applies to can? It's so unfair."

Get hosed~

Bad Purchase posted:

please don’t call me the h-word anymore, i’m begging you

or the k-word either

You can go away too, lol

Evil SpongeBob posted:

So, do I need to drop a goatse ban me thread in goonfleet forums? I still have vacation access, but I don't know how to cut myself out of it completely.

Just drop corp and see how long it takes for them to ban you because the auth script fell over and didn't strip your access.

Oh, but steal every useful guide you possibly can before you go.

Banme is your call.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Elusif II posted:

You sure you don't just want me to bankroll something for you instead? An astrahus is only like 5 bil all told.

Less than that.

You can send any and all ISK directly to the Goosefleet corp ingame.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

People so willingly baring their entire asses in this thread makes it so easy to weed out shitheads.

Thanks for making it easy.

Also, protip, the only time you'll ever see "snigger" or forms thereof is when an author is using it to describe a particular kind of shrunken-in, mean laugh.

Like...Wesley Snipes.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Wolfy posted:

To that extent, isn't snicker a perfectly acceptable substitute?

Honestly, it depends. To me, a snicker is stifled or sly, while a snigger is more of a villainous, mean-spirited thing.

But...that's when you're using it in context. When you're trying to defend an Eve corp named "Sniggerdly"...not so much.

Sayonara, Mekchu, GANDR shall not miss you.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you didnt need to pm me dude you could just wait a day

"Why won't you debate me!" ?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

triaxius posted:

I tried to do this after I reinstalled and logged in long enough to biomass my alts and take stock of my assets. I don't want to biomass Solo as I might come back at some point, just not now, and there is no use in billions of ISK just rotting. The few T2 ships and fits I have I'm going to hang on to.

Can you explain how to do this in terms that somebody is horrible at EVE can understand? I tried via my wallet, then I tried to find some way to do it via a corp search. It's probably some flashing button I overlooked due to suffering brain damage from having reinstalled this client.

edit: Yes, I also searched how to do this, the first few hits were from 10 years ago and referred to things that don't seem to exist anymore so I gave up.

Type "Goosefleet" in chat, right-click, Auto-link > corporation. Right-click again, "give ISK". Should do it. If not, you can send it to Siobhan MacLeary and I'll dump it into the Goosefleet coffers.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

triaxius posted:

Thank you and done.

Holy gently caress, that's an absolute wad of ISK. Greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULeDlxa3gyc

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

WorkerThread posted:

this is going to sound condescending, i guess, but i am genuinely curious. it seems clear that many people in this thread view how they participate in this video game as a moral choice. do you make analogous decisions in your real life? like, never shopping on amazon, working for a company whose head has credible sexual harassment or discrimination claims, etc. video games are way lower stakes, i suppose where the consequences of sticking to your principles isn't as high. i don't mind being called a moron for still being in gsf, but the tension of constantly watching everything that has a tertiary relationship with your consumption habits (in this case, video gaming) seems very stressful

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism, but given the choice I will give my business to companies that aren't overtly lovely. Given the choice, I'll hang out with people who don't think the One Joke About Trans Folks is the height of comedy.

E: F'real, it's not that loving hard to manage the crowd you hang with. If they suck, just...leave.

Bad Purchase posted:

if i look at the post history of the people scolding goons for not leaving gsf after the mittens leaks, how many would i find that continued to participate on the SA forums after the lowtax leaks?

Please just stop posting. Many users do not like, or want, you to post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Bad Purchase posted:

i’ll see you in court

I have already retained LEONARD J. KRABS, SPACE ATTORNEY AT SPACE LAW.

Your move.