Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Amok is recruiting.

https://discord.gg/bWjCypnGfH

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Well these last few pages have been...

Not a mental lovecraftian horror, so it has that going for it compared to the old one.

Sorry about your flawless rapsheet Atrum.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

lollontee posted:

hey maneck, am i banned from goonswarm too?

What's your forum account name?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I'd think a good compromise would be to kick him out, ban him from all major communities, and then never speak of him ever again.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

twigplant posted:

Most of what I've heard is grown-rear end men being absolute loving babies about the implementation of a harassment policy and asking such questions as "Is that okay -- is that okay that I called someone a Karen? Am I gonna get in trouble for that now?" or "Well I'm just never going to talk ever again then," pretending that they have no idea how to clear the very low bar of "don't harass anyone." Like that seems to be the main topic of concern. Very, very few people that I've run into are in the Mittani Did Nothing Wrong camp, and they get talked around after a while.

I was in a mumble meeting where someone explained the policy and this one guy could not stop asking people to define harassment.

It might have been completely in good faith. But eventually the rest of the room was trying to explain it to him, that if he was uncertain about something then it was probably not good. And he should rather play it safe than try to walk exactly on the borderline of actual harassment.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Bob Socko posted:

Cal both understands the game, and treats others with decency and respect. She'd be an excellent CEO.

Agreed.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

twigplant posted:

i

hate

all

of

.. whew okay there's no more. mandatory restorative justice sessions for all slights real and imagined! negative reimbursement - you lose a ship, you pay ME!, every friday we have a movie and and it'll either be southland tales or clueless, no discussion thank you!, RED PEN universalist unitarian services every sunday or whenever they hold them! mandatory receipt/picture checks for stocking your local free fridge! these are my promises.

You might need to take Joba with you because Waffe is broke and also needs support personnel.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Mederlock posted:

You, fair lady, can :frogout: with that nonsense

haha, love you Joba :love:

Cal too.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I wonder if anyone has ever unironically purchased wallpaper past like 1980. I'd rather live in a house that is painted Landlord White in every room than have to deal with wallpaper. Well, maybe not the bedrooms.

Wallpaper is cheaper than painting.

Wallpapering a room takes about 3-4 hours for a professional, and you have a ton of leeway with holes and scuff marks on the walls.

Going from wallpaper to paint is pretty expensive because you need to re-plaster all the walls. Even paint to paint requires a lot of plaster work on a worn out rental apartment, while wallpaper just covers most marks and holes.

Citizen Rat posted:

I'm pretty sure you only liked me because I never posted and the first time we met face-to-face I handed you a kitten.

That's amazing! If someone handed me a kitten, I'd be smitten for life.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Deadtear has a mountain?

I want a mountain....

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

DurrHurrHurr posted:

Twitch automatically reports your revenue each year to the IRS

More like Snitch.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

It's a precious thing in Eve to draw a line and defend it.

And to scrub out other people's lines.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Atrum is lobbying publicly and probably privately too in order to have bans reversed for people who did things that they would normally have been able to get away with.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

BigPaddy posted:

Why would A non SA affiliated organization allow SA style poo poo posting?

I don't understand what you mean.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Ynglaur posted:

Just curious: does the Imperium and all of its various media things actually make any real money? I mean like, "someone can live on this" kind of money? Genuinely curious.

Someone in the last thread had analysed the engagement figures, and it came to very little.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I haven't seen any updates from Atrum when it comes to reversing bans, but the last response I saw was that if they reverse any bans, then the individual has to apply for it. No proxies or anything.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

andromache posted:

I was working on it, but then Locke Erasmus had to go and edit in zxmagus's timeline on his venerable PvE ratting thread on his way out the door.

Now illum is looking for delta sleeper agents and my effort to try to get some bullshit bans (deadtear, a couple people that posted only in helldump) is ruined by nerds who have to poo poo on the carpet on their way out the door.

So at this point all I'm going to do is if a specific person wants to appeal their ban, just message me on discord, and I'll get you in contact with theadj or klavas and we can work the appeal. Otherwise I'm not wasting more effort on people bent on self-sabotage.

I feel like it's going to be a rough couple of weeks.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

What's the origin of this?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

esto es malo posted:

when toilet eve started, a bunch of karmafeet etc pubbies were actually part of the beta group that started up groomswarm, then within like 3 weeks it exploded because wow what a surprise theyre all terrible at doing anything and not even part of the forums but instead the satellite EO nerds that latched onto "goons" after bob died.

a bunch of them tried to move over to honk after the series of goon-related implosions and were stuck wondering how goons without sa auth

I did not understand any of that. That's a 2020 screenshot. Bob died ages ago?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

The Molle ss and the other are unrelated (except in theme)

Yes, but the reply mentions Bob and karmafleet. I have no idea what it has to do with Bob.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

The FC collects the pap, so you might fill your pap quota by accident if you just like flying around space and exploding stuff.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

This is the latest Waffe info.

quote:

Goonwaffe Corp Changes
So here's a big one that needs to be dissected a bit. Goonwaffe has effectively been a holding corp for various alliance level functions for many years and has *never* had a CEO that is focused on the corp. All corp directors are also there for alliance purposes, none are focused on the corps well-being like other alliance member corps have. This is a legacy situation from when Waffe (and Goonfleet before it) were used as corporate executor initially, then as a less secure version of DJs (the executor corp) once that became the preferred alliance structure.

What I intend is to extract the alliance functions from Goonwaffe and move them to a new corp. This will allow us to have a lower security corp than DJs to perform most alliance functions without having to give people DJs director while also allowing us to place someone in charge of Waffe that can run it like a real corp without the currently existing additional security concerns. Why is this important, why can't we just give everyone DJs roles if they need something? Because DJs directors have the ability to add/remove corporations, do anything to our most important citadels like the 1DQ Imperial Palace, and also disband the allaince outright. Clearly giving 'everyone' that needs some kind of role that power would be bad, so that's why we currently use Goonwaffe for a lot of work that doesn't require such access. We also do not have enough hangars to do all the work in DJs, we need a lot of hangars/wallet divisions and we also frequently hit the maximum hangar item limit in Waffe even today. This process will be a monstrous undertaking that will not happen immediately and requires a lot of changes within both alliance IT and alliance SIG functions that currently depend on Waffe.

With that done, we now have a 'normal' corporation that can be run like any other membercorp in the alliance. Historically the alliance leader has always been Goonwaffe/fleet CEO, that will no longer be strictly true going forward. The Waffe CEO will be just like any other membercorp in that directors/the CEO will be in kremlin and will not automatically be in illuminati. If that person happens to have an alliance director role that's fine, but it's no longer a given or a requirement.

Going forward we're not really related to or sponsored in any way by SomethingAwful (SA). This has been true in function if not reality for quite some time, this is just an official acknowledgement. Waffe recruiting will be done from within EVE just like everyone else, we will no longer rely on SA forums for being a recruitment source - this was effectively already done but this makes it official. There is no scarlet letter for having an SA account or anything like that, existing Waffe members are grandfathered in because you are cool people. We will be changing a lot of stuff on the forums like removing gimmick forums and removing offensive emoticons/emojis that came from SA.

I know this de-linking from SA process will not sit well with some people, but I believe it to be a required step to further clean up the alliance and prevent future incidents from occurring. It's making a de facto situation de jure, so not much will 'really' change regarding this topic but some people will be upset about not being 'real goons'. I don't really care what SA has to say about the topic, the 'True Goon' argument was always very dumb gatekeeping garbage and anyone that stands with us is a True Goon as far as I am concerned.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

We don't loving care

Do not take this out on me.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

SHISHKABOB posted:

I think it's funny that they are removing the "bad smilies" now and not.... idk at some point in the past.

I also saw a fair share of the worst smilies I've seen in my life on Goonfleet. That I'm pretty sure didn't come from here.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Well stop posting updates then! It's quite easy when you think about it!

I will keep posting information as long as people keep speculating on that information. Kindly, just block me if you do not want to read it.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Bilirubin posted:

Querns people are not respecting your work

I was thinking more like the rape train one etc. Which I hope Querns didn't make.

Rust Martialis posted:

Ignore Shane, he's just going to keep on endlessly angryposting at you and anyone else he gets mad at. It's his tic.

My mistake.

TheWeedNumber posted:

tldr amok. Pubbie

I actually left Waffe and joined Amok. The first thing I told the CEO was that the Alliance will always come first.

Which is a statement that has bitten me in the rear end on a regular basis ever since. As the Alliance has done all kinds of disagreeable things, but the Corp has always been upstanding and supported me.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 24, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Micromancer posted:

I have a bit of unlearning to do and may look to you for mentoring in this regard if that is alright

I'm always on Telegram and to a lesser extent on Discord, so you know where to find me. :)

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jul 24, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

The thread became a bit of an uncomfortable area with the subposting after the Waffe quote, so I'm taking a little break from this thread for a few days.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

CainFortea posted:

Did Rydis ever confirm this version?

Please don't. We've already been through so much of this. It's no different.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

This goose stuff for the last few pages has been pretty great.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 26, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Mekchu posted:

dealing with esl speakers far more than anyone else in this thread, all i was saying was that words that you americans think aren't used anymore still pop up and was a possible source/reason for the name. did you miss the post where it was cleared up and i said "oh well then that's cleared up"? :shrug:

it's ok though, i appreciate the insinuations i am a racist because i dont have an american-centric worldview.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

No one in Europe uses that word, either. Can we kindly not entertain even a hint of good faith with that word choice?

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Necros posted:

like I said im not talking at all about that corp name. im just talking about old PL guys some of us played with at some point.

This wasn't as much at you personally as it was against the general idea that it could be an acceptable word anywhere outside the US. An argument that has peppered this and the last thread on occasion and isn't getting as much pushback as it should.

I just want to clarify that it's not an okay word in Europe either, and I hope to never see that implied ever again.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I call this a win because they're leaving us for not being bigoted enough for them.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Asher Elias is the new GSF leader. And he made a speech

quote:

Hi friends. I haven’t come up here to read you a typical talk about the alliance and what it needs this week, I don’t have an itemized list from each department with bullet points to hit. Instead, I have come to talk to you about Eve Online. I think every one of us can think of another game that if you want to have fun for 60 minutes easily blows Eve Online out of the water. But if I asked you about a Halo match you had 5 years ago you couldn’t tell me a single thing about it. However if you get some Eve nerds sitting around the digital fireside you can bet that they will start waxing poetical about a fight that happened, 5 or even 10 years ago. They will fondly remember their FC and call out the time that they saved the day by landing that scram or the time their titan died and they reshipped into another titan and jumped back into the same fight. I’m an Eve romantic because of those chats around the fireside. There may be a million other games that are better to play but there none that are better to experience. Eve is the game that we tell stories about. Eve is the game where we fondly remember our comrades that we fought with and hope they are doing well, wherever they are in life.

But as time goes by we started getting bitter. It’s easy to start building up anger at this game and at our enemies. We’ve seen how the sausage is made. Everyone here has an idea for how to improve things and we’ve all been frustrated when what we would like to see change doesn’t happen. But, we have also been part of the problem. There’s a problem in video game design where if you let the player sit around and build up their walls and their weapons they will do it in such a way that they will never attack until they have no chance of failure. Until they’ve optimized every last bit of fun out of the game. How many of you here who played Age of Empires or Starcraft can say you didn’t do exactly that. When the game let you, you made your army so big that by the time you finally attacked your CPU foe they had absolutely no chance. And after you did that there was this brief, tiny moment of happiness as you watched the enemy fall so swiftly. But it’s like playing Grand Theft Auto with all the cheats on, it’s fun for about an hour then you get bored.

In our last war, World War Bee, we fought in M2- and we did what every player seeks to do. We utterly destroyed the enemy. We had their titan fleet trapped, we had their morale destroyed. And did we take advantage of that? No, we decided that instead of threatening their keepstar exit route we would sit in that same system for months ineffectually camping them in. Our intel after the war told us that our enemies were shocked at this, they were ready to crumble and they thought we would surely attack their keepstar in NPC Delve and they knew that once we did - they would have to leave.

But we didn’t do that, we let them rebuild their shattered morale. And a war that should have been over in weeks took another 6 months. I was specifically told I was not allowed to attack, that all I could do was camp. Because even though we had one of the greatest moments in the history of wars in Eve Online there was a still a 5% chance of failure. And that 5% chance of failure was too much of a risk to lose our merchandising and our subscribers. The goal was not to win, it was only never to fail.

And to me that was a betrayal. The amount of time that everyone had put into the war was immense. People made sacrifices of their friendships, their money, and their personal lives. I remember friends inviting me to see a movie on Friday night but I would turn it down because I needed to be within sprinting distance of my PC at all times in case the enemy attacked. And when I was told that we couldn’t finish the war it spoke volumes to me about what was more valued, the time and lives of the people who run it or the smallest of chances of failure of the empire. It wasn’t right. But I stayed on, I finished the war at great personal cost, and I didn’t say anything negative. I just told people I was taking a break because I didn’t want to threaten to tear apart the group that I care about, so I just waited for the right time.

And now that time is here, this is our time. It’s time for things to change. If you joined Goons because you wanted to have a totally safe titan until the day you quit the game of boredom then this is no longer the place for you. It was easy in the past to sit behind our player erected walls and have our leader insult our enemies based on the things they did out of game, based on who they were. The policy, unspoken but ever-present, was to make them so angry at us out of the game that they had to attack us in the game. This is corrosive, and it’s no way to run an alliance.

From now on we will make people dislike us because we evicted them from their space. Because we made them move three times. They will want revenge because we fought them not because we made fun of how their leader looks. You will get the chance to be part of the stories that people tell about this game. You will have the chance of incredible victory or the chance to experience failure. It’s time we start pushing in the chips that we’ve gathered. You bought a super? You built a titan? It’s time you had a chance to use those not to shoot an undefended fort but to shoot their guns in anger. To become the story.

In Eve you can’t vote for an alliance executor. But there is a truly powerful way you can show your endorsement of a leader. You vote with your feet. And I’m going to ask you to vote for me. Eve Online is a game that delivers greater experiences than any other game but it also demands more sacrifices. And when you are staying up that extra hour late even though you’d rather be sleeping because you work tomorrow your alliance leader won’t be missing it because he’s got other things to do. He will be right next to you in fleet.

So if this is the future you want for Goons, the future you want for the Imperium, I want your endorsement. I want you to resub that capital account. I want you to show up to fleets in greater and greater numbers. Be there next to me - we will create those memories, those stories together. There was a time when every one of you was a romantic about this game but slowly you lost it. You took on the title “bittervet” and you bore it proudly like armour so that no one could accuse you of loving it and make a fool of you for liking it like you once did. If you ask me if I’m bitter about Eve Online, about Goons and the Imperium. No, no I’m not. I’ve fought with every one of you and all I remember are the good memories. How can you not be romantic about Eve Online? So I thank you for the trust you’ve given me, and I ask you to be a romantic about Eve Online, about Goons, and the Imperium again with me. I’ll see you in fleet.

My own comment is that any reference to what brought down the old leadership is absent. I would have liked a commitment to do better.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 29, 2022

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I'm fairly certain that Mittens won't be making some grand return now.

I can't really see him coming back to dethrone Asher to wild applause.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Kaysette posted:

i will admit to having a big laugh the first time i saw groomswarm posted in the old thread, but i do worry about this implying that all line members / goons still in ~the imperium~ are pedophiles...

It wears on me a bit, but I gauged the mood of the thread(s) and I was not going to take that fight.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

With every new thread. The amok recruitment posts only get closer to the OP :argh:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

NtotheTC posted:

amok still has several notable members who are toxic as poo poo in it, correct? Have you voiced any concern to people about that or are you turning a blind eye to it? A few posts ago you were shedding crocodile tears over "Groomswarm" and now you're back trying to acively recruit into an org like amok. Give it a rest, please.

PM me some examples, and I'll look in to it.

I hope it isn't that Isabelle quote again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

NtotheTC posted:

"oh don't bring up the ONE time she called black lives matter a terrorist organisation again" is a daft response.

That was last year, and she hasn't been a member of Amok for 5 years.

NtotheTC posted:

I don't want you to PM me things I want you to say here what has happened with Rydis and Isabelle and why anyone should join amok

I've never met Rydis or ever seen her anywhere around in game or our services. I'm not even sure who she is.