Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

They must not have blocked prolific white noise poster 1001 Arabian dicks.

There is no point in blocking him because some people think he's trolling and not just an absolute idiot. And so they treat him like a real person and respond to him.

This ruins the block feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

BigPaddy posted:

Why would A non SA affiliated organization allow SA style poo poo posting?

I don't understand what you mean.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Kaysette posted:

Reminder for ppl in the reports that the Ignore feature is good and cool.

i cant see this post can someone tell me what it says

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

esto es malo posted:

imagine not shitposting 24/7

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

esto es malo posted:

i cant see this post can someone tell me what it says

can’t ignore mods :smugdog:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

esto es malo posted:

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

at least globby posts sometimes about eve the game. thank you globby

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Rudeboy Detective posted:

show us how to cook, globby

Initially missed the comma here and was on the verge of reporting this post to CCP's newer, gentler eve hotline.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

hailthefish posted:

Remember when there was a Vacationers role that could post in all but the sensitive and space-current-events-relevant forums?

The 180⁰ shift in who is considered 'allowed' to participate in conversational posting, from "hasn't logged in to eve in months but is still engaged with the community" to "haven't been in corp for two days? gently caress you and your opinion" demonstrates the shift in purpose of the organization, away from being chill bros who post and play games and sometimes that game is eve, toward being an organization that exists for the sole purpose of maintaining hegemony in bad internet spaceship game eve online.

This is a good post.

Zodium posted:

Alex will start by laying groundwork through pulling on his network to downplay and diffuse the details and emotional impact. Then, he'll return as a professor emeritus sort of regular member, just hanging and shooting the poo poo, being a cool guy who's learned his lesson now. Finally, when the organization next comes under pressure, he'll sigh, and ever so reluctantly respond to the membership's growing calls for his triumphant return to leadership.

playbook.txt

Quoting this for posterity.

Just curious: does the Imperium and all of its various media things actually make any real money? I mean like, "someone can live on this" kind of money? Genuinely curious.

:frogsiren: Actual Eve-the-game-talk What's a good home station in high-sec near Amarr? I try to select the Emperor Family Academy but Eve just says I''m not allowed, but gives no reason why. This character hasn't changed home stations in the past 365 days.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
https://zkillboard.com/kill/102251578/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/102252004/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/102251978/

GOTEM

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Hilaban, 1.0, 3 jumps away standings grinding hub

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Ynglaur posted:

Just curious: does the Imperium and all of its various media things actually make any real money? I mean like, "someone can live on this" kind of money? Genuinely curious.

Someone in the last thread had analysed the engagement figures, and it came to very little.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kaysette posted:

you can ignore them if you ignored them before they were mods

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Cease to Hope posted:

you can ignore them if you ignored them before they were mods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjS_g3Syhu8

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

ssb posted:

I can do basic poo poo like change light switches, outlets, or breakers as well as other minor wiring stuff but for a new 220v circuit or anything like that I tend to pay someone else. Or bother my neighbor who is a retired master electrician.

Hi ssb. In light of recent events that have brought you back to post here, I want to officially apologize to you - again - that last we met years ago I mistook you for the mittani.

I am sorry. I hope you are well my dude.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Endie posted:

Initially missed the comma here and was on the verge of reporting this post to CCP's newer, gentler eve hotline.

Boil him, bake him, stick him in a stew.

Gank-tay-toe.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kaysette posted:

Technically untrue. If you ignore them before they get modded they stay on the list.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Jazzzzz posted:

deadtear where did you buy your mountain, somewhere in the Carolinas/Appalachia or are you rich AF and bought property out west? I assume the former since you're talking about infinite water and not firestorms and smoke

gently caress California

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

gently caress California

gently caress you deadtear, Cali is nice.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

hey fozzie i fixed ur game

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Ice Fist posted:

Hi ssb. In light of recent events that have brought you back to post here, I want to officially apologize to you - again - that last we met years ago I mistook you for the mittani.

I am sorry. I hope you are well my dude.

Hi ice fist! Doing well, thank you! Weirdly, you're not remotely the only one who's done that, and I still don't think I look anything like him so it's bizarre.

Fortunately since then I got fat and grew my hair out some plus I'm sure to never be anywhere near him so it doesn't come up anymore.

P.S. send me a message sometime we should catch up

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

esto es malo posted:

I would rather not.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

gently caress California

contrary to popular belief California isn't the entirety of the west

I'm not trying to stalk you dude I'm just trying to figure out if you came across some actual affordable real estate in WA/OR/MT/WY or something because I'd like to get the gently caress out of this midwestern shithole

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Ynglaur posted:

It doesn't, but the point of it is to establish networking connections with potential out-of-game supporters and other media outlets. Given the softball PC Gamer article that calls the entire highly-documented incident "allegations", these media projects did their actual job very well.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

all those pcgamer readers will get a misleading impression of the events that occurred :ohdear:

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Bad Purchase posted:

all those pcgamer readers will get a misleading impression of the events that occurred :ohdear:

someone please make a GSF alt corp that uses SAJ4G as the ticker for the influx of new talent

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kaysette posted:

if i close my eyes i sure as hell can!

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I unsubscribed from PC gamer when one of their yearly top 100 lists put Skyrim as game #1, I stand by this decision

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
what is it that video games journalism lacks? I wanna say it was something with an E(?)...Legitimacy?

Billy BobJ
Jul 13, 2022

andromache posted:

Goonswarm Federation has heard the request that we retire the fatbee and all associated bee paraphenalia.

Effective immediately, I present the new, newbee:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hah... no

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

have you considered that CCP infact does not want people to have fun in eve online: the second genesis (2003)?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

WilWheaton posted:

have you considered that CCP infact does not want people to have fun in eve online: the second genesis (2003)?

yes, it's the only reason the game isn't good

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

That... Looks pretty good. As you say: muck with the numbers. But the system itself is intuitive to grasp but probably hard to master.

almighty
Mar 9, 2011
Posting to honor the memory of one man who was able to menace the GSF and strike fear into the hearts of Goons in highsec.

Bankroller of elite PvP corporation Mordus Angels, and overall financial genius.

His name was Gevlon Goblin.

almighty fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 21, 2022

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

almighty posted:

Posting to honor the memory of one man who was able to menace the GSF and strike fear into the hearts of Goons in highsec.

Bankroller of elite PvP corporation Mordus Angels, and overall financial genius.

His name was Gevlon Goblin.

P sure I remember ganking his brick tanked orca during Burn Jota 2014 and he somehow decried it as a victory.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
The Marmite Collective sends their regards

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

DisgracelandUSA posted:

P sure I remember ganking his brick tanked orca during Burn Jota 2014 and he somehow decried it as a victory.

Can confirm Boneytooth, I think I was with you there. He compared the value of the Orca and the stuff we used to suicide gank it to argue that somehow, we were at a loss ISK wise.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

So he was putting a price on fun? Sounds like an eve player.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
whatever happened to that insane kid who registered like 15 accounts trying to get into gsf

i assume he eventually was made a director or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

whatever happened to that insane kid who registered like 15 accounts trying to get into gsf

i assume he eventually was made a director or something?

Prencleeve Grothsmore or whatever? Hell if I know.