Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

DerekSmartymans posted:

I dug out an old (2011) pc and threw Win 10 on it today, and thought later to put Eve on it (basically to do hanger-stuff; Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics). The computer is up-to-date, and according to DXDIAG I’m running DirectX 12.

The Steam Eve launcher won’t let me download the game files because it doesn’t detect DX11. The computer exceeds the minimum requirements, but the launcher just throws up an error and says to try Support. I’m currently dl’ing the game directly from eveonline.com, but I don’t have a fast connection here…is there some voodoo chant or DX configuration I missed, or should I just wait out the 10.9GB dl and try tomorrow?

I don’t know if this is me, ccp, or Microsoft. Anybody else run into this? I’d prefer to log my single character in through Steam, although I admit an Alpha industrialist would be neat to keep on my potato-computer screen…

I don’t believe that GPU meets the minimum requirements. They changed how DirectX versioning works and added features levels. EVE requires DirectX 11 with feature level 11.0

Intel HD 3000 launched with DirectX 10.1 and they updated the driver to support DirectX 11 with feature level 10.1 which is means almost all DirectX11 games can’t be run. Some Nvidia cards can be tweaked to run games with a higher feature level if they don’t use any of the newer stuff, but EVE is using DirectX 11 features and I don’t think you’ll be able to get it to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Yay, they fixed a localization issue for the Cheetah which I submitted a bug report for. Pretty impressed how responsive they are to the tickets and such I send in. Just made a new report for mission 20 of the SoE arc so I hope it gets fixed just as quick.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Playtest for new shooter, and it looks like it will be on PC. https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6992175/CCP-London-FPS-Project-Screening-Survey-II

Only registered members can see post attachments!

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Hazdoc posted:

whats are the odds at that this makes it out of beta

If it makes it into beta....

I'm hopeful. They had the right idea with legion in adding PvE and an overworld, and just migrating everyone’s characters a la a runescape -> Runescape 2 migration to get rid of the technical debt. It seems like this will at least also be on PC if not be a PC only game.

As a Dust player I’ve been hopeful that something will be playable since they emailed and asked everyone to reserve their old character names and for veteran rewards.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

More plot progression than the Rings of Power

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
I always thought the weakest parts of Peter Jackson’s take on Middle Earth were pointless action sequences that weren’t necessary to the plot. The Frost Troll scene in the first Episode to me summed up my biggest gripes with the modern take on Middle Earth. You get wide angle lenses, a bunch of camera cuts, characters flying around like it’s the matrix, mischaraterization of the abilities of Elves to be more like video game attacks rather than mystical attributes, and trying to make main characters “great” by giving them superpowers rather than showing their wisdom through their choices and words.

Galadriel who is supposed to thousands of years old has the temperament and social skills of teenager and her redeeming quality is that she has plot armor. Tolkien writes of Galadriel as a great warrior, but speaks to her ambition, political cunningness, and noble spirit rather than being able to fight like Neo.

Also all the Elves look like human cosplayers which is compounded by the bad ear job they all have with their shaven sideburns.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

corgski posted:

Anyway, here we are not playing this game and evicting some nazi scum

Thought I was missing some EVE context until I read the name. Didn’t CCP change Blackwater’s corp name at one point? Surprised they didn’t take offense to this.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Yikes, I’m surprised people put up with being treated so poorly.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

learnincurve posted:

As an industrialist I encourage this attitude.

I say why baby a nice ship when even if you welp it and eat the SRP yourself you can replace it with scanner money? It’s like cameras, the best cameras are held together with gorilla tape.

My manhandling of kit supports lots of repair shops, but I'm pretty sure I keep my local camera shop in business. At least they have a huge stock of salvaged parts for FD mount cameras now.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

floppyspud posted:

Once they lose TTT income test will fold.

Good riddance.

Isn’t TTT their project? I remember something about the keys being handed over, but can’t they just refuse to make changes to the payout?

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Kaysette posted:

Yeah, the new UI is so inefficient with space. For a game that really benefits from having a lot of info at your fingertips, it sucks!

Speaking of new UI and fingertips, Photon is a lot better when I'm playing via EVE Anywhere on my iPad.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Solus posted:

The only thing that doesn’t work is discord- I’ve been watching formula 1 from up here it’s lit

I used to use a Nvidia Shield portable to play CSGO at airports. When you have to travel a lot for work its nice to be able to normal things.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
They should finally add in FOBs/Small Citadel or the Capsuleer Outpost from Echoes. Or add POS guns to structures that you can destroy without timers. Having smaller scale stuff to fight over would give a reason to raid and give smaller groups the ability to fight each other for space.

POCO meta close to that kind of warfare right now, but Low-sec is dominated by a few groups with shell corps.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

PhilippAchtel posted:

When an individual capsuleer in a player corp earns EverMarks (toward spaceship decal tattoos), the corporation earns them too. During the promotion period, the ratio of player and corp EverMarks earned will be 1 to 1. Keep this in mind and start hitting those Paragon missions, because in 2023, player corps will be able to spend the EverMarks they have accumulated through individual member activity.

Nitpicking, but I’m worried that they mix the capitalization and use ‘Evermark’ and ‘Evermore’ multiple times. It gets confusing when no one knows how to write stuff like ‘evemail’.

salartarium fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 8, 2022

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

windex posted:

Lore note: Everyone *important* is a clone. :ssh:

Just like in Battletech most of the Clanners are freeborn civilians.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Apparently I spend too much time editing the UniWiki.

https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=125189&sid=f06f9f5cd2f3e88ee006a4f19bc278dc

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

sweating profusely, spinning the dial between GPT model and EVE copypasta as the observing researchers only scowl harder.

I was pretty surprised that ChatGPT seems to have the UniWiki in its dataset and can answer EVE questions passably. Will be interesting when it can pull live info from the Internet or parse through the ESI.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
So many teams registered for the Captain's Cup, I guess people want that physical trophy.

salartarium fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jan 19, 2023

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Sounds like he’s trying to recruit people for a Star Citizen guild

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Kesper North posted:

Oh my god did he really

Please tell me he literally did this

Nothing really overt about wanting to be another space leader. I watched 10 minutes of the stream and it mostly praised star citizen, addressing the controversy over it taking so long and then talking about how they spent so much money on it. I'm not sure if it's worth watching to pick out funny or sad moments but I heard there was something about them talking about PGL and him showing up in chat.

Surprising to me I didn't see too many people talking about this yet.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Well my team just got crushed in the Captain’s Cup but I still had fun.

Did some testing on Thunderdome and I guess it’s good I have an account now that they persist.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

oh do they? i have one from AT I should see if it's still there

“You guys wern't to know, but that is actually on my agenda this year. The tooling team has been working on some new tools for me - today 2 new tools are due to be added:

Mass disband corps/alliances based on account prefixes (So after a tournament I can free up corps/alliances and tickers) so their names can be reused.

And the newest feature is "Mass Role management" so currently accounts must have a special flag (basically called VIP Access) to access Thunderdome. My plan going forward is instead of mass deleting and re-issuing accounts is potentially to just remove this flag for accounts once a Tournament is over and then add the flag back if you're returning, so that you don't have to recreate your char or any other details. If you've been on Thunderdome before you'll notice the account prefix is usually the event name, whereas this time its a more generic one, for this reason 😄

The last thing I'm currently working on is a final tool that should be ready in the next few months that will help me bulk verify/security check a little easier, so even if you have an account on TD, I can check and make sure everythings in order on the TQ account and just restore access ^^”

CCP Zelus

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Don’t have high expectations considering the site for the NFT for AT XVII is broken

https://concord-killmail.eveonline.com/

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

All the best EVE discussions are on Steam.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

BigPaddy posted:

I was at their Pax East 2013 event and it was a room of nerds who got super excited for the character flipping their helmet around while getting into the cockpit right before the game crashed. Then they just chanted “Helmet” over and over while Chris Roberts tried to get the demo to run past that point over and over.

Best $0 I ever spent.

I bought it because I like single player sandbox, which has fallen by the wayside. Idk if it will even be an option with SQ42 being a separate game and it is now morphing into an albeit incomplete mmo. But I was promised self hosted sandbox.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Lorem ipsum posted:

https://br.evetools.org/br/642fc6ca2a115f1f3945647a

https://dscan.info/v/b8f7b9b80786

e: Basically, its a keepstar being defended by Frat/Panfam and being attacked by Init/Imperium

Isn’t Siberian Squads in Winter Co now?

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Das Butterbrot posted:

Iirc netease tested a huge mapchange for the chinese server, where highsec is the donut and nullsec is in the middle. That could be interesting. Shortest route from one highsec side to another being through null. Would cause some ~interesting~ situations for sure.

It's a separate server and it's live
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Infinity

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

the local thing is loving weird, because it seems to work after downtime, then break, then completely break so you see no-one and can't connect to any chats, and then after a few hours it will come back with a list of people in local from hours ago

Was noticing atypical chat issues for a 1-2 weeks before it went on fire. Weird things like people being multiple systems or two private channels being merged. Maybe it’s hard to rollback because the changes were done further back and it took a while to become a dumpster fire. SISI is fine.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Anyone need an extra muppet for their AT team? I’m looking to be a Merc.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
My intel sources tell me Vily will be giving a talk about the TTT on June 4 @ 19:00 EVE in EVE University. If you people ever wondered how that works.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

CuddleCryptid posted:

Looking back into EVE to restart my "resub for new patch, get bored picking at random contracts, get immediately overwhelmed after joining goonswarm, quit" cycle again for the new patch and apparently that second step is no longer an option. Jesus christ what a mess that sounds like.

Has anyone tried running EVE on a Steam Deck to any success? I was thinking of using the touchscreen as controls for some ratting and mining but I'm not sure if the UI gets completely borked.

I’ve seen people using it. I used EVE anywhere and ran EVE using UTM on my iPad Pro and I got to say touch is nice for quickly pressing some things, but EVE is terrible without a keyboard.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Wibla posted:

No new XL structures in hisec, so the imperium is leaving the TTC agreement :v:

Hope you didn't have poo poo stored there.

Hmm, I wonder if this was leaked when they pushed that update with the marauders to Thunderdome.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

CuddleCryptid posted:

To be clear, I mean is there a benefit to having alts on the same EVE Online login account, rather than spread across several different accounts, since you can only log in with one character per account at a time. Is it just to share omega status?

Datacore farming is free afk isk. Just set it up and let it build for a few months.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

DerekSmartymans posted:

Same, except for the one year I have played. Main reason I even asked to make sure it wasn’t just me doing something dumb :argh:

I don’t know why they’d ever build a mobile app like that on unreal 4 in the first place,

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Been catching up on reading the NetEase dev blogs and besides some interesting stuff on how skins are synched between Serenity and TQ, I noticed that they’re changing Infinity to only allow Alphas to fly destroyers and frigs for anti botting reasons. I thought China was more Laissez-faire about that but it seems like they have a bunch of new measures to combat it.

I wonder how well that change would go over in TQ if they could put a real dent in botting.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

grumplestiltzkin posted:

what did dceet do to you to make you hate him this much

Ticked off this guy at least
https://forums.eveonline.com/t/geese-the-rotten-apple-in-the-barrel-of-catch-providence/414608

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

windex posted:

Technically, we did learn from goonfleet.

When these corps have shitters, they eject the shitters, or we eject them.

And we have.

Please keep your coalition members next time, Skelton Crew is very persistent in trying to set up their tent city homeless encampment in the PC9 pocket in Syndi.

salartarium fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Aug 17, 2023

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Elusif II posted:

I got to become fluent in a dreadful programming language nobody else uses, and learn some SQL,

Nerd

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

40 lbs to freedom posted:

idk if it already is but you would make like a gazillion dollars if you made these eve threads paying member only to farm the reddit drama ppl

WTT 10000 PLEX for SA account w/2012 reg date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Fajita Queen posted:

It's run by an actual for real fascist so this should surprise nobody lol

Hyperbole isn’t clear on the internet, is there something more about that person other being a vocal conservative?
I was telling someone the other day how I’m pretty sure my one of my local hospitals has nazis running it and it was extremely difficult to convey I meant like actual old timey Nazis even after I sent articles from the 80s about the extradition proceedings in court for the “Butcher of the Balkans”.