Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

geonetix posted:

Please do not copy paste your mycrimes.txt this time

or do but in your own thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rust Martialis posted:

I mean it's not like SA of all places telling people not to join GSF is really going to have a measureable effect on recruitment to the alliance at this point.

It's a bit insulting to those SA posters who are still in CFC and who are apparently serious about effecting change. But until clear and convincing evidence is shown that a real seachange has happened, it's for the best, I suppose.

Edit: maybe don't recommend BRAVE so quickly from the feedback already either?

if they're serious about change banning mittani is a start but that aint happening so "hey be aware of things and maybe dont join" is good advice

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Solus posted:

Hello I am here to begin the process of unearthing skeletons in a whole new thread

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rust Martialis posted:

I hope the new CEO bans Mittani but the interim leadership doesn't seem interested, agreed. Their tenure is to be on the order of a week, so we'll see once the handoff is complete.

I'm willing to take what they say at face value for now. I don't like everything that has been announced (mostly that he isn't banned), but the people involved - theAdj, xttz, Atrum, etc. seem to be on-side and respected well enough?

Xenuria is banned, Innom is out, Mittens hasn't been on comms apparently in days. It's at least a minor improvement. Waiting for more evidence.

I mean you sort of vaguely know me, DT. Not always the smartest guy on comms, and I really think people can do better. But yeah, if new leadership doesn't ban Mittani for the whole Xenuria thing for starters... it's a failure to face facts imho..

He should already be banned by adj or merk or literally anyone with power, there's no excuse not to. gently caress "stability" its a dumb spaceship alliance that has weathered plenty of incredibly stupid poo poo before and it'll be fine or it won't, who fuckin cares. Anyone unwilling to ban him right now is either on his side or has their personal identity tied way too close to goonfleetswarm as an entity and is personally afraid.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Macha posted:

Hey quick question,
So this entire mess with Goonswarm, and especially the issue with Xenuria being a pedo, has reminded me of the Archeage goon guild and the splintering of that guild over a pedophile. I remember playing during that time, but I was just some dumb low-level guy in the guild. All I remember was SCT kept bringing another goon, BobFromMarketing, back in after he got kicked for being outed as a groomer.

I went with Kimsemus' group because holy poo poo, gently caress that. I can understand not knowing the guy was a pedophile that had groomed a kid, but once you know the only acceptable response is to cut all ties and fire them out the airlock.

Well, surprise surprise. BobFromMarketing is still playing EVE. Looks like around the time he got outed he joined Pandemic Legion.

Anyone got any of the info on BFM? Would be great to get a second pedophile out of EVE Online.

he got run out of goonfleet years prior to that and me getting him permabanned from sa is the direct cause of the archeage poo poo

also its either not that guy owning that character or pl straight up doesnt care

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 18, 2022

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FirstnameLastname posted:

, the dad having to drive from alaska -
you're doing a disservice to arkhamina

Arkhamina posted:

94 pages. I left for work and it was 66. Caught up now.

Had to do some digging, but it was September of 2016 the whole dog thing went down. She stayed with us about three weeks and I regularly walked 210lbs of dog at once (we had 2 already). For those wondering, Sitka is still around, but quite old and frail. The cats were all retrieved in the end, because most cat lovers given animals on false pretenses would not think of keeping them against the actual owners will. They were told a variety of lies, and they thought they were helping. Manipulative sociopath...

He absolutely could have said 'just go get the dog'. We had keys to their house, for back and forth house sitting. It was pure malice.

edit cause i misremembered my b

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 18, 2022

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

andromache posted:

Goonswarm Federation has heard the request that we retire the fatbee and all associated bee paraphenalia.

Effective immediately, I present the new, newbee:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I do want to point out that that is an old dumb image and he is making a joke so please do not ban him over a misfired attempt at humor.

the probe i agree with though, bad atrum

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Solus posted:

Thats an old dumb image someone unironically posted in the past - but still lmao @ the probe

:hfive:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Solus posted:

Update: I have been blacklisted from GSF lmao

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zodium posted:

i actually talked to a guy who made very similar claims as recently as yesterday, who brought it up after claiming my old happybear avatar was a drawing of banjo from banjo and kazooie. deranged.

I like the image name

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rust Martialis posted:

No you're thinking of Mac Smash

he's such a loving dweeb, he heard someone dared insult serious overchill and wrote a long winded bitchmade diatribe and posted it in a newbie channel of a different discord because it was the only one he could access

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

It's recounted here: https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/message/1512212/

Those were some crazy days. Buying implants with LP, cashing some of them out for LP store money and putting the rest back in a freighter to explode, and just seeing the value compound over time. Even with donating LP to the FW ihubs to prop up the multiplier, the number just kept going up and up and up.

Darius got so mad lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Furnok Dorn posted:

all the DHD abusive phone call stuff is something that depressingly doesnt surprise me at all

when i ran my producers scam in 07 somebody whoised my forums sig and called marlowe havocs mom the f slur

lmao jesus

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

[20:01:12] <alpmighty> Too bad it was loving deadtear who called him out on this pedo asshattery and he does not forget

drat right

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Also bear in mind there's a nonzero chance the deposed leader just... walks away from Eve entirely. Don't underestimate the liberating feeling of being completely freed from any and all responsibility. The longer the absence, the more likely this is to happen.

Of course, I can't guarantee that. The identity part might be stronger than the liberation feeling.

he did that before and came back as a hailed hero

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Does anyone who got got during The Troubles actually WANT amnesty?

only so i can tell even more directors that they're stupid in funny ways

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Hesh Ballantine posted:

actually I would want back in if I were made mod-of-mods on the gsf forums, y'all know I'd be a king at that poo poo

not enough people post to make it all that fun anymore tbh

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

Probably even worse now that they deleted/hid Helldump

did they hide it or just move it to the bottom where nobody notices it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Lol cowards, one of the best things was it being a strictly unmoderated shitzone

Aside from snipe editing

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Citizen Rat posted:

Hi Deadtear. Missed you.

And fnln is doing a disservice to Ark. Not that my dad wasn't completely willing to drive down from Alaska to find my dog, but Shiny beat him to it because about an hour after I got the email from Alex saying he was divorcing me I called Ark & Shiny crying from Russia having hysterics because I didn't know what was going on, where any of my pets were, and things in Russia had gotten ... complicated. Shiny & Ark, being the stellar human beings that they are, helped me find Sitka, 'convince' Alex to sign over the necessary paperwork to get her from the kennel he'd dropped her at, and then housed her for the month until I could get back from Moscow.

Then Shiny and another Madison goon found two of my cats--Jetta & LBJ--and got them returned to me about two months after that. And then the goths found my last cat for me about 6 months after that. I've had all 3 cats & Sitka ever since and they are doing very well. Thank you to the people who were concerned for them.

Oh hey whats up how's life I figured you had abandoned this stupid pla-

quote:

Please stop emailing me about it. It's very weird.

ah i see

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Citizen Rat posted:

I really don't want to know anything more about it because as far as I am concerned the very last thing I ever want to know about Alex is that he stole his (ex?) girlfriend's grand piano. He doesn't play the piano.

lmao

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Voyager I posted:

Being completely serious - congrats on getting out.

yeah this, I'm glad you're doing well

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Citizen Rat posted:

I am! I landed a gig where they let me teach both Indigenous and anarchist politics! And then let me run around helping Indigenous communities file lawsuits against the nation-states in which they reside. (This is the one that got me into to trouble in Russia. Turns out the Russian powers that be really do not like it when you potentially both help Indigenous peoples and interfere with the flow of oil. Ah well.

Hell yeah, I bought a mountain not far from where I grew up lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Citizen Rat posted:

You bought a mountain?! Come back and explain that one, but more and slower.

Its the fun way of saying I bought a shitload of land at the top of a mountain, whenever I told people they just say "you bought a mountain what the gently caress" so I run with it. Big house, big pool, some big cliff faces on it, shitloads of big trees and as far as i can tell infinite water, the latter 2 of which are something from dream compared to living in socal for most of a decade.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kesper North posted:

i say this with all love and respect,

why the hell you so angry all the time, you bought a loving mountain lol

Goons made me bitter and unwilling to put up with stupid poo poo cause I did auths at peak of popularity and holy gently caress goons are so dumb

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kazinsal posted:

Holy poo poo I want to buy a mountain now.

I highly recommend it

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Citizen Rat posted:

Nice! I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never own land again because of the whole expat thing which makes land ownership complicated and when I bring it up to my cpa he makes unhappy scrunched faces at me. Maybe when I get citizenship.

Where'd you emigrate to if you don't mind? Or pm me if you don't wanna say in public or w/e but if you want the experience of owning a shitload a land without the benefits i have a shitload of deferred maintenance from the previous owners I've gotta do :v

quote:

I'm pretty sure you only liked me because I never posted and the first time we met face-to-face I handed you a kitten.
you're not a moron and don't ask questions answered literally on the page you click through, also you're nice

the not posting is actually a detriment never stop posting

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Citizen Rat posted:

I just have the attention span of a suicidal gnat when I'm online. Hinders consistent posting. I have to use net-nanny when I'm doing database research. =/

Adderall :v:

quote:

And I am in fact decent at the whole home repair thing. But if it involves removing wallpaper you are on your own. gently caress doing that again.

If I'm removing wallpaper I'm ripping out the drywall its on because It almost certainly was done horrribly, gently caress wallpaper its almost as bad as removing office carpet that's glued straight to a slab

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I'm best at carpentry and drywall but I can do anything except hvac and I don't trust myself to do plumbing. The biggest problems are expensive or extremely labor intensive like its hot as gently caress I don't wanna go clean all the insulation out of the attic so I can find the mouse holes. And it's raining pretty much every day so fixing driveway cracks is a nonstarter most days. Piddly poo poo like caulking the shower is just me being lazy

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

shortspecialbus posted:

We live on a mountain* now too, it's great.

* more of a big hill in the Blue Ridge Mountains but still

the blue ridge counts as long as the difference between local minima and maxima is more than 1000 feet :colbert:

Citizen Rat posted:

I am mostly okay with the piddly poo poo, but the bigger projects I should be supervised for because most of the time I've never had to do it myself. I have apparently leaned in hard to the useless/helpless academic stereotype so generally people don't let me get much further than announcing the problem and my plans to deal with before stepping and keeping me from, idek, nailing myself to a wall or something.

grats on being the head in the clouds academic that gets steered away from perceived dangers, you never have to do poo poo you dont want to

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Cefte posted:

Well, that was a read and a half.

hi cefte

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
lol claiming what I did was beyond the pale I'm sorry that "lol" and chaos dunking mittani off the planet is too rude

edit: must suck when the specific reason you wanted me to be mod is turned against u

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dalmuti posted:

no homegrown was the only rule

wrong

you werent allowed to edit snipes like this one

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Reminder that TheAdj was the final reason that I lost all faith in the org because he showed me that mittani had surrounded himself with true yesmen who will unthinkingly follow instructions and could provide no counsel.

Lol @ not wanting to bleed members: If Adj had just messaged me this would have been peaceably resolved. If you guys had to listened to deadtear, you wouldn't be Groomfleet now
If you'd listened to anyone who tried to tell you this stuff, it wouldn't be happening
Like actually just lol

me telling them that nothing would change wasnt offensive because it was just bitter vetting

me posting an image of mittani saying "fnln always gets his" on the other hand

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rust Martialis posted:

Hi CR: you don't know me but I used to talk a lot with your dad when he played, in Theta comms when Ted (Space Dad) was in charge. Could you tell him hi from me and Ive really missed hanging out with him on comms. I hope everything is going great for him (and you). If he's still online I can send contact deets?

lmao you old fucker you didnt even offer her a werthers for her troubles

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zodium posted:

Alex will start by laying groundwork through pulling on his network to downplay and diffuse the details and emotional impact. Then, he'll return as a professor emeritus sort of regular member, just hanging and shooting the poo poo, being a cool guy who's learned his lesson now. Finally, when the organization next comes under pressure, he'll sigh, and ever so reluctantly respond to the membership's growing calls for his triumphant return to leadership.

playbook.txt

yeah that's been my expectation too

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Jazzzzz posted:

deadtear where did you buy your mountain, somewhere in the Carolinas/Appalachia or are you rich AF and bought property out west? I assume the former since you're talking about infinite water and not firestorms and smoke

gently caress California

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Jazzzzz posted:

contrary to popular belief California isn't the entirety of the west

I'm not trying to stalk you dude I'm just trying to figure out if you came across some actual affordable real estate in WA/OR/MT/WY or something because I'd like to get the gently caress out of this midwestern shithole

I looked, ain't poo poo cheap except in maybe bfe Oregon and then I'm an hour + from the store plus outsized influence from moving Californians loving up the laws. And I know you aren't trying to stalk me because youd know my address or something if you were. I moved back east back homeward, you have the rough general location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ynglaur posted:

To be fair, media outlets in the US call anything not proven in a court of law an "allegation".
."
Yeah, doing otherwise is one of the few ways to lose a libel/slander case in the us.