Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Football is ON.

I'm currently watching local champs FC Zurich (ugh) get bossed by Qarabag, here are the rest of the fixtures to be played 19/20 & 26/27 July, we are in the second qualifying round.

Champions path
Ferencváros (HUN) vs Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) vs Shkupi (MKD)
Qarabağ (AZE) vs Zürich (SUI)
HJK (FIN) vs Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)
Linfield (NIR) vs Bodø/Glimt (NOR)
Žalgiris (LTU) vs Malmö (SWE)
Ludogorets (BUL) vs Shamrock Rovers (IRL)
Maribor (SVN) vs Sheriff (MDA)
Maccabi Haifa (ISR) vs Olympiacos (GRE)
Pyunik (ARM) vs Diddeleng (LUX)

League path
Midtjylland (DEN) vs AEK Larnaca (CYP)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) vs Fenerbahçe (TUR)

In the third round (2/3 & 9 August), we'll see the introduction of Rangers, PSV, Monaco and Benfica. Playoffs come after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Qarabag already 2-0 up and bossing it. Wadji having a great half so far.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

gently caress FCZ, really didn't deserve to only lose 3-2 but Qarabag aren't that good either I guess. Bonehead penalty in the last 10 minutes to give them a chance. Earlier when FCZ scored from a free kick, Qarabag scored from the kick off which was nice

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Some guy named Queven scored for Shkupi, which reminded me of this classic

https://twitter.com/wilsondannydw/status/1134926525826883584

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

extremely disappointed that Diddeleng is just Dudelange in a made-up language eight people speak and not some Luxembourgish Longest Yard prison team that's about to pick up Gylfi on a free

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

at some point you would think it would stop being funny to watch SPL teams get turned over in europe by some belges who took up the sport this morning, but somehow it never does

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
rangers are the worst club in anglo football

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
Rangers getting schooled in Leuven lmao

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

up the Union

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Love a Royale Union, me.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I half read an athletic article about union Saint thingy this morning so, to me, this result was not unexpected

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
:lol:

That was so shite. Looked like he shat it about Barisic and tried to accommodate him rather than making the call for Yilmaz. Kamara looks disinterested, Colak was left crossing balls into the space Colak is meant to be in.

Need Kent and Morelos back sharpish.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
I must be dreaming, Benfica with a good game in the Champions preliminaries?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

RIP the other, other belge team

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

This was good mind

https://twitter.com/ssn_ussoccer/status/1557103968639139842?s=21&t=Tj75FC3XmssyHDM9iE_1jg

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Reminder to everyone that tonight there’s ECL qualifying, and Dundee United are taking a 1-0 lead to AZ Alkmaar.

Also featuring other teams.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

Reminder to everyone that tonight there’s ECL qualifying, and Dundee United are taking a 1-0 lead to AZ Alkmaar.

Dundee vs AZ channelling the spirit of the Scotland vs Netherlands 2004 Euro Playoff as it turns out

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Total Meatlove posted:

Had em on the ropes for 20 minutes

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

So loving nervous

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Corners should be banned

Puskás Nominee Tom Lawrence

https://twitter.com/fantasyscotland/status/1559639113158074370?s=21&t=egLj7mqU2jtOcee2X40JrA

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

Maccabi Haifa just qualified for the Champions League group stage, thanks to a Red Star own goal

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Maccabi Haifa just qualified for the Champions League group stage, thanks to a Red Star own goal

Earlier in the match Haifa had a penalty saved and then scored a 30 yarder a minute later, thanks to the goalkeeper making an arse of it.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

And not just any keeper, that's Canada's #1. Also Red Star blew a two goal lead at home. It was an eventful match for sure.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Rangers have won the super bowl

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Copenhagen too!

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
The last time two Scottish teams were in the CL, Celtic got to the last 16, beating Milan along the way, while Rangers got to a European final.

I'd take the former but I don't know if I can live with the stress of the latter after last year.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

jeebus bob posted:

Copenhagen too!

And now Dinamo Zagreb

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

full draw breakdown and because of country protection we could get some tasty, tasty matchups

also Her Dryer wasn't that also the year where Rangers fans did, in the words of a Manchester Crown Court judge, "the worst damage seen in Manchester since the Blitz"

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
KØBENHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVN

Mathew Ryan loving legend

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Pot 2 is ridiculous

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

also Her Dryer wasn't that also the year where Rangers fans did, in the words of a Manchester Crown Court judge, "the worst damage seen in Manchester since the Blitz"

I think the complaint was that when Celtic fans visited, they got a new shopping centre.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

quote:

also Her Dryer wasn't that also the year where Rangers fans did, in the words of a Manchester Crown Court judge, "the worst damage seen in Manchester since the Blitz

Yeah lol.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Total Meatlove posted:

I think the complaint was that when Celtic fans visited, they got a new shopping centre.

lmao

Hiekkakauppias
Mar 26, 2008

OJ's humble beginnings in acting helped prepare him for the media spotlight in Calgary
Not being much of a soccer Fan, but after binging football manager and looking at UCL Group stage teams: Only two teams from France, is ligue 1 that lovely or is it just bad luck?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hiekkakauppias posted:

Not being much of a soccer Fan, but after binging football manager and looking at UCL Group stage teams: Only two teams from France, is ligue 1 that lovely or is it just bad luck?

Neither, although they could have had 3 teams in, they get 2 guaranteed to the group stage and one team that could have qualified through winning their preliminary round tie.

PSG and Marseille went straight to the group stage, Monaco got knocked out in the 3rd qualifying round.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022%E2%80%9323_UEFA_Champions_League#Association_ranking

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

full draw breakdown and because of country protection we could get some tasty, tasty matchups

wait israel is in uefa??

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mila kunis posted:

wait israel is in uefa??

hosed up if true.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

mila kunis posted:

wait israel is in uefa??

AFC expelled them in1974 due to Arab countries not wanting them around, they were independent for a good long while, and then joined UEFA in the 90s

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

Bayern gets to feast on Barcelona again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
No chance of third place for Copenhagen there.