Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Liverpoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Xabi posted:

No way that’s a pen but OK.

He got all of the foot and none of the ball

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Gomez is kind of poo poo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TheRat posted:

Gomez is kind of poo poo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holy gently caress

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Gomez again lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

greazeball posted:

Gomez has been shocking, ffs

To be fair, they've all been shocking. But yeah, that was one of the worst halves I've ever seen from a centreback

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Salah's been bad since he got ran into the ground in the lead up to and including Africa Cup of Nations

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lol, lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ozmunkeh posted:

lol i only just had a chance to put this on, what the hell

Probably the worst Liverpool game I've watched in a decade

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ozmunkeh posted:

i can only assume alisson's view was constantly blocked by all the swirling garbage and raw sewage that permeates the very air you breath on an average day in naples

Trent and Gomez forgot they were playing a game of football, mostly.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Trent is absolutely loving infuriating to watch on this one just gives up completely once he's been skinned, if he makes a break for the box or actually follows the player, both Gomez and VVD are in a better position to recover.

Not just the lack of effort in recovery, he looks like he can barely be hosed to make an attempt to stop the player when he goes past him either.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Well, that was an incredibly boring game. Also a astonishing handball decision. Don't think I've ever seen that many Arsenal or Liverpool fans on reddit saying Man Utd were hosed by the ref lmao.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Just Chamber posted:

Ronaldoo doo

That's genuinely one of the worst performances I've ever seen. Ronaldo is completely finished.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It did feel a bit like a friendly, yea. Was nice to se Garnacho and McNeil getting some gametime at least.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eric Cantonese posted:

Have Ajax been good so far this season? Not that they'll need to be that good to get a result over Liverpool, but I'm just curious.

6 wins in 6

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Liverpoo

E: Another Trent defensive masterclass

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Can't wait to find out what the next lever is

They could probably sell the footage of the full first team watching the Inter - Pilzen match in the dressing room before they play Bayern themselves. I'd sure as hell watch it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

quote:

Inter CEO Beppe Marotta confirms Inter’s budget was written up assuming they would not progress in the Champions League.

Are you listening, Laporta?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Wazzerphuk posted:

After slightly more investigation, yes. It appears that Barcelona will have to find around twenty million more euros to make up this deficit.

oh no.jpeg

Oh they'll have to find a lot more than that. There are ticket prices, merch sales, sponsor bonuses etc.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/dermotmcorrigan/status/1585344994340409344?s=20&t=4ZH4zOOOLLCiYAaWQIqSag

:allears:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lmao

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Darwin might wanna see a doctor with reaction time that slow

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That's not a pen, he got the bal lfirst

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/MagnusCarlsen/status/1585325578378674181

lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

FullLeatherJacket posted:

like what the gently caress even is the handball rule

Not that, that's for sure.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

goodness gracious me

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

Commentator afterwards explaining it said that FIFA (only FIFA?) rules are that the distance or speed from a deflection isn't considered at all so as soon as your hands are away from your body you're taking the risk of getting called for handball regardless of how little chance you have to move your hand out of the way, which is funny cause it's still called something like "deliberate handling offense"
e: also I don't think "natural position" is a thing anymore? I have no idea

Doesn't it hit his shoulder though, or am I blind?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ah, I didn't see it hit the wrist. Thought it went straight for the shoulder.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I'm not sure why people are popping off about that one to be honest. Kane was absolutely offside.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sourdough posted:

lmao ronaldo's shot, he's so past it

Completely washed up, op

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Very impressed with the amount of power he got on it tbh

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Trent is getting absolutely rinsed here

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I'm just tuning in, has Trent been humiliated by Kvaratskhelia yet

3 or 4 times, and he should have had a penalty in the opening minutes.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It was the correct decision, but how the gently caress did it take 4 minutes?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zteuer posted:

Var should be on a time limit. If you can't see it in 2 minutes it shouldn't be overruled.

2 minutes is an awful long time too. It's always been the case that doubt is supposed to benefit the attacker. If you can't decide after studying slow motion video for 30 seconds, there's doubt and it should benefit the attacker imo.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Garnacho is a good lad

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Poonaldo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

It's a funny old game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat