Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Love a Royale Union, me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

Reminder to everyone that tonight there’s ECL qualifying, and Dundee United are taking a 1-0 lead to AZ Alkmaar.

Also featuring other teams.

Dundee vs AZ channelling the spirit of the Scotland vs Netherlands 2004 Euro Playoff as it turns out

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Backdoor Delivery posted:

Maccabi Haifa just qualified for the Champions League group stage, thanks to a Red Star own goal

Earlier in the match Haifa had a penalty saved and then scored a 30 yarder a minute later, thanks to the goalkeeper making an arse of it.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
The last time two Scottish teams were in the CL, Celtic got to the last 16, beating Milan along the way, while Rangers got to a European final.

I'd take the former but I don't know if I can live with the stress of the latter after last year.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

quote:

also Her Dryer wasn't that also the year where Rangers fans did, in the words of a Manchester Crown Court judge, "the worst damage seen in Manchester since the Blitz

Yeah lol.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Decent draw for both the Scottish teams.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Hearts played Zurich off the pitch for 55 minutes, didn't score, then got a player sent off for diving lol.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Jippa posted:

Celtic were really good last night (despite the score). I see now why everyone is going nuts over the aussie manager.

We were sensational for about half an hour then Real Madrid remembered who they were. The Madrid midfield was so good, I can't even really fault our players for getting outclassed in the second half.

Need to show we can get wins against the other teams now. In my heart of hearts I know we've not a CL team but it's not out the question to qualify for the last 16. No doubt Leipzig will bring Tuchel in now and they'll horse us.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Do Liverpool players just actually have asthma

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

meefistopheles posted:

I don't think any Celtic fans will be complaining about the week they've had.

Can confirm.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Don't think I've ever been more frustrated at a point away from home in Europe, usually Celtic fans would kill for that but we should have won that and it's probably ended our hopes of last 16. I think they scored with their only actual chance.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
At the start of September I was thinking how well Scottish football was doing with two teams in the CL and another in the conference league.

It's all been downhill since McGregor hit the post against Madrid

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I'd like to congratulate Rangers for a record breaking CL campaign - officially the worst team in group stage history. 0 points, 2 goals scored, 22 against.

:thumbsup:

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Madrid don't even have the decency to field a weakened team against us in the final game.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
I feel bad for Ange because I don't know what else he can do as a coach when he's getting us playing pretty competitively in every single game so far and we've just had the worst finishing I think I've ever seen from a Celtic team.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Lukaku is a fraud

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
"The greatest tale in club football" lol

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
So serious question, is Lukaku going to get remembered as the biggest flat track bully of the modern era

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

https://x.com/gersbear5/status/1722136019993039286?s=46&t=Xg-IlfjUkfBMt41Exed3NQ

Charles Joseph John Hart (born 19 April 1987) is an English professional footballer

Absolutely every Celtic fan would have told you that Hart needed replaced in the Summer along with several other obvious areas that needed improving, instead we've fallen into the usual trap of keeping players past their sell-by date, taking cheap punts that work out maybe 1 in every 5 or 6, and thinking that Callum McGregor is good enough to play as the sole defensive midfielder in Europe.

Stuff like this use to depress me but I'm used to it now, we're content winning the league most often than not and qualifying for the CL, that is the exact extent of Celtic's ambition sadly.

This was funny though.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Finally Celtic get win in the CL, against a team of cunts, you love to see it.

Also: Poocastle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Those were some real bad penalties from Inter