Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
2022 Buccaneers

How right were you last year:

Probably about as expected. I would have maybe thought one more playoff win but injuries caught up with the team. Bucs had incredible injury luck in their SB run in 2020/21, they weren't as fortunate last season. It's pretty hard to expect a team to repeat and I certainly did not.

What looks promising:

Tom Brady coming back, obviously. He has the best set of WRs in the league to throw to and no nutcase to deal with anymore.

The offensive line should be a very good once again despite losing both guards. They did manage to upgrade the RG in the process so the unit shouldn't miss a beat.

The defense is almost entirely back so they should have a top 10 caliber defense with guys like Vita Vea, Shaq Barrett, Devin White, Lavonte David, Carlton Davis, Jamel Dean, and Antoine Winfield.

What looks ominous:

A new head coach in Todd Bowles taking over for the retired Bruce Arians. Things shouldn't really change much with the rest of the staff pretty much holding over but you never know.

Gronk retiring leaves the TE room pretty bare so I'd expect a veteran signing like Kyle Rudolph to happen at some point.

Ali Marpet retiring leaves a massive hole at LG but Luke Goedeke was drafted and Aaron Stinnie held up well at RG during the Super Bowl run so one of the two should be able to fill in and not be a negative.

Getting consistent pass rush might be difficult after losing JPP and having second year Joe Tryon step in. The depth behind him and Shaq Barrett is largely unproven.

Fournette showed up to OTAs at like 260lbs. He's getting back into shape apparently but now that he got paid I could see him taking a step back.

Keys to the season:

Staying healthy.

Bowles transition to HC goes seamlessly.

Brady continues to defy age.

The interior OL gels and doesn't miss a beat.

The defense can generate a consistent pass rush to take pressure off the secondary.

Guys to watch:

Aaron Stinnie/Luke Goedeke - One of these will start at LG. Goedeke is from a small school which Jason Licht loves to draft so it might take him a bit to get his body into NFL shape. Stinnie has proven he can start and not be a liability so I'd guess he starts off at LG.

Russell Gage - Taking over for AB as the #3 WR after a pretty solid season in Atlanta. He'll likely be the #2 until Godwin is fully back from his ACL tear so he'll see plenty of looks early.

Logan Hall - The Bucs top draft pick this year. He'll be taking over Suh's role on defense so it'll be important for him to be able to play disciplined and generate a bit of pass rush.

Joe Tryon Shoyinka - Becomes the full time starter at OLB with JPP departing. He needs to be effective to take some pressure off Barrett on the other side.

Devin White - He's been pretty up and down and needs to develop consistency. He had an incredible SB playoff run but last season was all over the place good and bad.

Realistic best case scenario:

Realistic worst case scenario:

Something happens to Brady and Gabbert has to play and yeah...

My prediction:

13-4 and the NFL does it's part to make sure Brady retires on top.

Accolades:

Brady MVP.

Brady, Evans, Wirfs, Jensen, Mason, Vea, White, Davis are all pro bowlers.

Top 5 offense. Top 10 defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol, looks like I called the Kyle Rudolph signing. Hope he has something left in the tank.